Gerardo "Tata" Martino

P

PhilS

I hope it's not true that messi has enough power to influence the choice of manager. Some papers even say that he chose himself.

Messi follows Argentine football. It is not surprising that he compliments a successful Argentine coach, particularly one who pretty much plays the Barca style. When Messi notes a good coach, or one of the other key players admires a player on another team, I'm sure Barca management will at least consider that coach or that player. Of course the leading Barca players think similarly to Barca management, they all believe in the Barca way. That does not mean the players run the show.

That said, Messi will be Tata's favorite. Messi would be any coach's favorite.

jamrock

i'll be interested in seeing what he does with busquets and masch, wanted to see the same with the wing backs but it seems he will keep them both based on my reading.

heard it likes messi on the wings don't know how true that is, but if so does that mean he wants a striker are sanchez down the middle where he plays best imo.

-neymar--sanchez---messi, is better than neymar--messi--sanchez imo, as messi would be godly anywhere he plays and it would get the best out of sanchez.

plus i have been calling for messi to play on the right for two years now, it would free up space in the middle for another player to exploit as one of the cb are dm would have to move over and help the fb mark him, he himself might find more space as well since in the middle he is marked by 3 men most times .

Stric

It's not European football he should adapt to, It's how the spanish press work, For example when he said that messi and his father might had a role in this, I'm sure he doesn't really know and simply said it with a good heart and intentions, But he should understand that they can be deliberately misrepresented in spain, Which already happened.

None of us here work in Spanish football but we still understand this, just by being spectators. It doesn't take any coaching experience in Spain to be able to get this. I'm sure that a coach of his caliber is even more familiar with these things than any of us here is.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I just had a dream that Tata demanded to sign three players that he is familiar with or coached peviously

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Names or it didn't happen
I could wagely recollect their names as Marcos Cáceres, Iván Piris and Édgar Benítez... There were three more players too, but I only remember these names coz the forum members were really butthurt when Tata demanded these fellas

Chainsaw

Killahead
"I do not really know Tata. I hardly know anything about him,"

"However, Rijkaard and Guardiola had not won anything either before they started at Barcelona and ended up being hugely successful.

"I have no doubt Martino can follow the same path."
(Johan Cruyff)

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I really hope Tata doesn't simply "bow down" to Barca style and change nothing. I'm hoping for an overhaul in tactics and players this summer. Change is desperately needed to get back on top.

Jadentheman

Tactics can change and still keep the philosophy. People are acting like the philosophy's word as law and only one tactic is that and it always works. But it doesn't

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I was initially skeptical of signing him but on second thought a complete overhaul may be needed.

I hope he comes in and runs the show. Hope he can reorganize our defense and move Mascherano back to DM.

Home of Barca Fans