Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
From Tito to Tata. Nice. :) I really don't know too much about him. I hope he does a great job.

nebeer

Love is All
hope he brings some world class defender from south american market with peanuts price......
seriously since last few years we are buying only well established stars only so it will cost us dearly in transfer markets.
its like we dont have scout system anymore.

You spoke my mind. And by the way Tata seems like a very likable guy. Welcome dude.

Faceless

No more faces at night
Alright edited the thread. Honestly this looks positive; now the people who complained about Tata stopped... Everyone is praising the man claiming he's the disciple of the El Loco himself, Bielsa.

Well, Bayern? Pep?
tata.png

Keikoku

Cabbage
First thing to do is....

Buy a CB!!

Matheus Dória? Kyriakos Papadopoulos? Stefan de Vrij? Neven Subotić? Eliaquim Mangala? Laurent Koscielny? Daniel Agger? Kurt Zouma? Iñigo Martínez? Thomas Vermaelen? Ezequiel Garay? Phil Jones? David Luiz? Kompany?

Gerrard Pique?
tata.png

Barcafire

I also read that he likes to play Messi on RW. I guess that could mean Cesc as the false 9 then, with Neymar on his left and Messi on his right.

I really like that idea. Really, really, like it.

I wished for some of those old days back where we saw space in front of the forwards.

Days where Ronaldinho would get the ball on the left and have so much space to work his magic to pass defenders.

Tiki Taka was great, but it's time to move on. We'll always have tiki Taka though since its part of the player's DNA, even Martino likes ball possession games.

We'll see.

mixer

Gerardo Martino: “Winning is an imperious need to ensure conviction, but the message needs to be coherent: we cannot play one game one way and then another in another” Perfil, May 26, 2012.

“I go for possession, attacking, putting a lot of men in the opposing half, taking risks, making sure the defenders look back and for there to be forty metres between them and the keeper, for them not to stop playing the ball, when they have to move up, they move up, when they have to use the wings, they use the wings, and the ball shouldn’t be in the air unless there’s a reason...” Perfil, May 26, 2012.

“The football player is the most important thing of all. Coaches are better or worse depending on the players we are in charge of. The coach is never above the people executing his orders (the players). People have made far too much a thing of the role of coaches” Fox Sports, April 15, 2012.

“In youth football, we need to get back to working on skills” Fox Sports, April 15, 2012.

“I was a skills-based player, I played well but ran little. Under Bielsa I learned that you need to do other things in order to play. It was a matter of survival” Fox Sports, April 15, 2012.

“From a coach’s point of view, I’d say Argentinian football is among the most difficult and competitive in the world. From a spectator’s of view, I’d say I could only watch at most ten minutes of game of Argentinian football” La Nación, January 24, 2012.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Really curious what effect this will have on our remaining transfers, I hope he'll still sign a CB, and not put all his trust in his compatriot Mascherano.

I also read that he likes to play Messi on RW. I guess that could mean Cesc as the false 9 then, with Neymar on his left and Messi on his right.

That will never happen. Why would he make the best player in the world play in a position he doesn't prefer? I bet he will be fired, which he should, if he ever does something that stupid. All this and I haven't even talked about how abysmal Cesc is as a false 9. Would be crazy playing him there.

King Leo

Banned
I'm very hopeful for the appointment of Tata. One of the many things I hope for is knowledge of players in south America and especially the Argentinians. If he could only bring with him a couple players for cheap and turn them into a success in Barcelona. THe other thing I am happy for is the Messi admiration and content of the new coach. Keeping Messi happy is only good for Barca.

While Bayern is today the powerhouse in Europe, I think we will have a good team next year.
Question: Can Tata find a magic formula for dynamite duo of Messi and Neymar? I am hopeful.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I wonder how we'd do with two strikers, messi and neymar. It wold mean alexis and Pedro would never get a game but it's an interesting thing to try out and might work. I wonder if he has the balls to make that change or if he thinks the current formation only needs a couple of tweaks.

F

Flavia

I wonder how we'd do with two strikers, messi and neymar. It wold mean alexis and Pedro would never get a game but it's an interesting thing to try out and might work. I wonder if he has the balls to make that change or if he thinks the current formation only needs a couple of tweaks.

do you mean 4-4-2, or any variation? I'm not really familiar with Tata, but from all I read, he likes 4-3-3 and doesn't believe in a plan b.

Meitux

I don't think we will change system.But seriously isn't plan B needed at sometimes?I guess it depends of how are main tactics will be.

I

instinct

773365_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Doesn't sound too bad.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I was hoping for a 4-4-2 diamond. Messi and Neymar as strikers, cesc has a role as number ten, Xavi iniesta and Sergio make the rest of the Diamond. Our fullbacks love to attack so width isn't a problem and one of messi and Neymar can go to the channel if we need it.

nebeer

Love is All
The front line up is going to be mostly like this:

Neymar-Messi-Pedro/Sanchez

Xavi/Cesc-Iniesta/Cesc
Busquets

I think Messi and Neymar should be fixed starters. Sanchez and Pedro should rotate between them for the 3rd forward role. In midfield, Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc should be rotated regularly so that all 3 of them stay fresh throughout the season.

Home of Barca Fans