David Silva

Barcafan 2304

He'll certainly find the physical aspect of the game over here hard to adapt to. However, after that period of settling in, im sure he would do well here.

Seamus

Ya he will find it difficult but look at how well Zola did over there, and he is probably smaller than Silva??? Ya Zola is tougher but Silva will become a better and more physical player in the premiership imo. Still hope he joins us though

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Kind of pathetic to see him whore himself to the Premiership, probably the only Spaniard still doing so while the rest are begging to come back.

Beast

The Observer
They agreed a fee with Valencia but not yet with him but i guess they wouldn't go that far without him giving the green light

best of luck with Citeh Silva

C

CTID

A couple of you guys really need to give your heads a massive wobble. La Liga may be the flavour of the moment for players who like the pretty pretty sunshine and nice tax breaks but the premier league is still the best in the world. The prestige that comes with winning the FA cup and Premier league title is far more apealing than winning the tin pot trophies on offer in Spain.

Back on topic however:

A Johnson....Yaya....Milner....Silva

That's an awsome midfield. City will hit the big time sooner than some people think.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
EPL idiots......back from the dead.....

Where is an Inter fan when you need him....

Being sad that such a massive talent has left the league is one thing, you don't have to start attacking other members on the forum just because they have different views than you.

dalitis8

Banned
A couple of you guys really need to give your heads a massive wobble. La Liga may be the flavour of the moment for players who like the pretty pretty sunshine and nice tax breaks but the premier league is still the best in the world. The prestige that comes with winning the FA cup and Premier league title is far more apealing than winning the tin pot trophies on offer in Spain.

Back on topic however:

That's an awsome midfield. City will hit the big time sooner than some people think.

Check out this post...."tin pot trophies in Spain"while the FA Cup and the Prem are the dream of any football player....surely the words of an idiot....

So what Barca plays for....is virtually worthless while the FA Cup is the real deal.....wtf???

And Silva is moving to Man City for money,NOT illusory "english football prestige"let's be serious...

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

you are the richard keys of this forum.

don't ever leave.

:)

well I can spot a few glaring holes in your plan there, richard.

1. silva is not a left-winger, he's an attacking midfielder who plays in the hole.

2. adam johnson is not a right-winger, he's a left-winger.

3. james milner is not a top 4 calibre central midfielder (which is what I assume you aspire to me) if he is to be the main creative force. he worked at villa because they played counterattacking football. and across the way, fletcher (the most milner-esque of top 4 players) works at united is because he's the workhorse. if you want milner you work, you need a creative brain up in there.

that said, yaya is a beast and a great signing for you.

milner yaya ???? johnson
tevez adebayor​

with the ???? being the aforementioned passer would be the way I'd go.

silva wouldn't work at city, at all.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Check out this post...."tin pot trophies in Spain"while the FA Cup and the Prem are the dream of any football player....surely the words of an idiot....

So what Barca plays for....is virtually worthless while the FA Cup is the real deal.....wtf???

And Silva is moving to Man City for money,NOT illusory "english football prestige"let's be serious...

Except Silva didn't even agree to the move yet, so what do you know to say he's only for the money? If he goes it's because Valencia is in desperate need for money and City can give them just that, not because Silva is a money chaser. He played without getting paid for quite some time during the 2008/09 season, ffs.

C

CTID

It's just so pathetic to spout the same "players only go to City for the money". The fact that we are trying to become the best club in the world isn't in the least bit attractive to players is it? It's all about greed obviously. But i guess when Barca pay £35m plus for David Villa and pay him 7M euros a year that's fine because Barca are already a successful club. Thats just fucking eliteist bollocks. It's the typical "who do they think they are" and "who would ever want to play for them" bullshit. Stay a struggling club and people are either fond of you or simply ignore you. But the moment you try to actualy become something and pose a threat those same people jump all over you. It's just pathetic.

you are the richard keys of this forum.

don't ever leave.

Nice to see Metaphysical is still using that razor sharp wit of his to continualy speak down and try to belittle people. Nice one mate. :rolleyes:

1. I distinctly remember Silva playing LW on a good few ocasions and has always looked great there. That IS where we would play him

2. Adam Johnson is primeraly left footed but is strong with either foot and can play on either flank. Since we bought him in January he has played at least 90% of games ON THE RIGHT WING! and is sensational there cutting inside shooting with his natural left foot.

3. Granted Milner is overpriced but he is very strong in the league and might prove to be a sensation. We will have to wait and see.

Along with Yaya that makes a midfield that can compete with anybody. Add Barry, De Jong, SWP, Ireland, M Johnson, Bellamy and hopefully a new more commited Robinho and our strength in depth is unparalelled in that area. A spurs fan tried to tell me yesterday that he thinks they are by far stronger than us..... I mean that says it all to me about most football fans these days. They're fucking loopy.

The fact is though City aren't simply going to go away as it apears a lot of people would like. We will get stronger and better and continue to suprise people with the caliber of player who CHOOSE to join us. Yes the money is great but don't kid yourself that that is all it is.

B

beautifulgame

It's just so pathetic to spout the same "players only go to City for the money". The fact that we are trying to become the best club in the world isn't in the least bit attractive to players is it? It's all about greed obviously. But i guess when Barca pay £35m plus for David Villa and pay him 7M euros a year that's fine because Barca are already a successful club. Thats just fucking eliteist bollocks. It's the typical "who do they think they are" and "who would ever want to play for them" bullshit. Stay a struggling club and people are either fond of you or simply ignore you. But the moment you try to actualy become something and pose a threat those same people jump all over you. It's just pathetic.

Nice to see Metaphysical is still using that razor sharp wit of his to continualy speak down and try to belittle people. Nice one mate. :rolleyes:

1. I distinctly remember Silva playing LW on a good few ocasions and has always looked great there. That IS where we would play him

2. Adam Johnson is primeraly left footed but is strong with either foot and can play on either flank. Since we bought him in January he has played at least 90% of games ON THE RIGHT WING! and is sensational there cutting inside shooting with his natural left foot.

3. Granted Milner is overpriced but he is very strong in the league and might prove to be a sensation. We will have to wait and see.

Along with Yaya that makes a midfield that can compete with anybody. Add Barry, De Jong, SWP, Ireland, M Johnson, Bellamy and hopefully a new more commited Robinho and our strength in depth is unparalelled in that area. A spurs fan tried to tell me yesterday that he thinks they are by far stronger than us..... I mean that says it all to me about most football fans these days. They're fucking loopy.

The fact is though City aren't simply going to go away as it apears a lot of people would like. We will get stronger and better and continue to suprise people with the caliber of player who CHOOSE to join us. Yes the money is great but don't kid yourself that that is all it is.

That bit in the bold is perfect.

+10

Barcafan 2304

Back on topic however:

YACHETY SCHMACHETY! What a load of crap. Technically, the EPL cant live with La Liga.

EDIT:- I'll limit that to just this post cos there are other points that CTID has made in this thread that are bang on!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans