Dani Ceballos

Yannik

coz he is one! And it was Utd vs Liverpool!! Besides, Uruguay themselves have mixed squad

but why is Evra one?

having black friends doesn't mean you'd never racially abuse some others.
Has this argument ever worked in any racial abuse case? People act bipolar when it suits them and when not.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Like what though? Which statements and why are they related to this?

Follow EPL and Utd for a quite a stretch like me and you would know yourself that Evra is not the nicest human being in the world. I do not have the time or patience to bring all the history into discussion here but I know Evra and SAF can go to any stretch to hurt Liverpool which is precisely what they did. And that was not the first time that Evra played the race card either! It is the same Evra who said that Suarez called him an racially abusive word at least ten times only to later retract the claim. It is the same Evra who declined to make a formal statement about the racial abuse. It is the same Evra who first made such a big fuss but later said that he did not think of Suarez as a racist after Suarez got a punishment!!

Last edited:

Yannik

And that was not the first time that Evra played the race card either!

That is not surprising. He will have most likely encountered racism on more than just one single occasion, like most black men in dominantly white societies.

It is the same Evra who said that Suarez called him an racially abusive word at least ten times only to later retract the claim. It is the same Evra who declined to make a formal statement about the racial abuse. It is the same Evra who first made such a big fuss but later said that he did not think of Suarez as a racist after Suarez got a punishment!!

I don't find think any of these reasons are really disagreeing with the core statement though. Wether he called him ten times, or wether he believes or doesn't believe that Suarez is a rascist isn't really making a big difference. You don't have to be rascist, to insult abuse someone racially. Just like you don't have to be homophobic to call someone gay. It's just about the insult. Plus you only question Evra's character out of past anecdotes, while completely disbanding Suarez' here. Would it really surprise you if Suarez actually says stupid shit on the field?

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
That is not surprising. He will have most likely encountered racism on more than just one single occasion, like most black men in dominantly white societies.

I don't find think any of these reasons are really disagreeing with the core statement though. Wether he called him ten times, or wether he believes or doesn't believe that Suarez is a rascist isn't really making a big difference. You don't have to be rascist, to insult abuse someone racially. Just like you don't have to be homophobic to call someone gay. It's just about the insult. Plus you only question Evra's character out of past stories, while completely disbanding Suarez' here. Would it really surprise you if Suarez actually says stupid shit on the field?

What surprises me is people taking stupid shit that is said on the field so seriously! Especially a professional footballer who has been in the field for such a long period, taking it so seriously!!

I would consider some thing as insult only if the said person believes it and said it to insult/demean me....... It is some thing that Suarez does not believe in, in fact Evra himself gave the statement that he does not believe Suarez to be a racist. So then why did you make such a big fuss out of it? It is just to harm your bitter rivals!!

Yannik

What surprises me is people taking stupid shit that is said on the field so seriously! Especially a professional footballer who has been in the field for such a long period, taking it so seriously!!

I would consider some thing as insult only if the said person believes it and said it to insult/demean me....... It is some thing that Suarez does not believe in, in fact Evra himself gave the statement that he does not believe Suarez to be a racist. So then why did you make such a big fuss out of it? It is just to harm your bitter rivals!!

Why is Balotelli walking off the pitch, when fans make monkey noises? Most of them are probably not outright rascist either and cheer for their own black players, but yet they know he's on the opposing team and it disturbs him. Because bringing in a racial level is a sensible topic to some, simple as that and people abuse this as they know it does more than the normal "asshole". It is absolutely meant to insult or demean the person it is directed to, that's the whole point of it.

Yannik

"In every football team there are 5 really dense players of which one would definitely be living under a bridge if he wasn't playing football."
- Hans Meyer

Ceballos is quite possibly the bridge guy at Betis

Home of Barca Fans