Champions League: PSG - FC Barcelona 3-2

amircule

Iniesta on the RW seems like a waste to me, i'd rather put him in Messi's role have have messi play RCF since he'd score more.

we should try everything to avoid pedro
http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/tertulia-sport/luis-enrique-jugara-con-doble-pivote-paris-3559034

posible-alineacion-del-barca-ante-psg-100-barca-1412005473621.jpg

Sexy Double-Pivot .

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
Curious to see how Barca will do in this game. They might miss Ibra but Cavani ain't no scrub and offers much more off the ball. Their midfield is also strong on paper with Verratti, Matuidi and Cabaye. 3th highest possession numbers in Europe. Form or no form, I remember the countless Milan games in the CL where it didn't matter how bad they were in Serie A.

serghei

Curious to see how Barca will do in this game. They might miss Ibra but Cavani ain't no scrub and offers much more off the ball. Their midfield is also strong on paper with Verratti, Matuidi and Cabaye. 3th highest possession numbers in Europe. Form or no form, I remember the countless Milan games in the CL where it didn't matter how bad they were in Serie A.

+1. Very grounded comment, among all of this ultra-optimistic opinions.

gatsu

Hopefully this is true and we will see Boss - Masche double pivot.

No, hopefully this is not, why a double pivot, our classic configuration (Busquets, Iniesta, Rakitic) is more than enough to contain PSG's midfield, there is absolutely no need to sacrifice a forward for that.

Nonsense by sport.

Icarium

Lifestealer
This is not the match to use a double pivot. It will be another big mistake after throwing douglas in a tricky away game. Playing it safe is the best option. We are playing against PSG that too in away ground.

FC B

I'd love to see a double pivot against them since we miss Suarez.
No, hopefully this is not, why a double pivot, our classic configuration (Busquets, Iniesta, Rakitic) is more than enough to contain PSG's midfield, there is absolutely no need to sacrifice a forward for that.

Nonsense by sport.

I would agree if we had Suarez avialable but having Pedro, Sandro or Munir from the last games up in front ( youngsters which are also inexperienced for such an away clash ) I surely prefer double pivot against PSG...

Last edited:

ebc_99

This is not the match to use a double pivot. It will be another big mistake after throwing douglas in a tricky away game. Playing it safe is the best option. We are playing against PSG that too in away ground.

Your probably right, to try the double pivot for the first time against PSG would be a big risk although I think it could work.

jairzinho

Agreed. This isn't the most appropriate time to use a system we're not familiar playing with. In theory it looks good on paper, but I don't think it's the best practical option for us right now.

Home of Barca Fans