Champions League 2017/18

They haven't controlled CL games in quite a while in their previous campaigns eithe. There were always passages were they looked lost, even against Wolfsburg and Schalke, yet they managed to score from a single counter against the run of play, and then score 2 more in the following 10 minutes.

It's because in both competitions, only twice they had to face a world class team. One of them biggest bottlers in the champions league history and another third best team in La Liga. That doesn't say much.

[Let's not even include the Ancellotti's Bayern without Lewandowski and 10 men in second leg as world class team].

Adversus

I watched the City game.

Sane, KDB and Silva were awful and Jesus barely touched the ball.

He tried to play more defensive with Gudogan but came up against the blitzrieg attack of liverpool.

His big players had a bad game and the crowd and opponents were lethal.

RMU ReBorn

If klopp can lead them to a league title and cl win in his tenure ,his legacy would be right up there along with paisley . He started from nothing and had to work on a project with limited resources available . He is creating a kingdom of his own . Hope Firminho doesn't leave soon . That would fuck up all his plans and project

Givenchy

I still wouldn't write City off yet.. we all know how bad Liverpool can be defensively. no away goal is huge though

Yannik

Isn't Liverpool told to have a defensive and goalkeeping problem? I've not seen anything of that in the past few months, they can surely improve but are very decent on all positions on the pitch. The only thing they lack is the right mindset in games when they actually ARE the favourites.

Morten

Didnt see that coming, but then again, league form tends to go out of the window in the CL, especially for teams that have no traditions in this competition.
Would be nice to have all the joke clubs knocked out, job halfway done, Liverpool.

khaled_a_d

Bayern and manc are favorites ahead of RM and they both will win over 2 legs against RM as things stand. Bayern is incredibly good and is playing good too and manc is otherworldly this season. Rm haven't been playing that well the whole season and if a fixture ever arises then the team with better form will have more chances of win and going by that bayern and manc defnitely can win and have more chances.

You could maybe make a case for bayern being a bit below RM but manc? No way.

How can you put city as the weakest of the 4? City is in mind bending form not just now but whole season. They are crazy good.

This was a bad timing for the post :lol: JK

Just what I said about City and Pep last night. Fucking incredible how he doesn’t fucking learn. One of the few as stubborn as Lucho.

Lucho was never that stubborn in the 1st place, he had his weird selections and his ideas like any other coaches, but he changed formations & tactics a lot of time and was way more pragmatic in his approach.
Pep is the definition of stubborns and Lucho doesn't even come close to him

SKS-

A combination of Barca's pragmatic approach to games and inevitably, cule's anxiety regarding RM potentially winning their third straight CL is making some people say some crazy things.

:amazed:

Birdy

Only Barca can stop Real Madrid from getting the 3rd CL in a row, and better chances for doing that is in a 2-leg tie.

i) Liverpool are exceptional in causing trouble to possession team with slow defenses. But their md and defense cannot cope even for 15 min of sustained pressure by Madrid. Kroos-Modric-Isco will run riot against Can Milner and Hendo. Marcelo will be facing Alexander-arnold on the left and Carvahal Robertson on the right, while Ronaldo will be working his way in the box between Lovren and Van Dijk.

ii) Bayern is terribly slow right now. They have quality players, but seem one level below the intensity needed at this stage of the competition. Jyup Hyunkes is the best coach to create balanced team (and consequently to stop RM by using Bayern's weapons), but i don't think that the physicality of BM at the moment permits that.

iii) Only Barcelona have a chance. Because there is a special atmosphere between the clubs even when they meet in Europe, and Barca is the only team who is not afraid to play RM.

My predictions according to the semis draw:
a)If Real-Barca, Liverpool-Bayern, i say: Liverpool eliminating bayern (boateng-hummels too slow for their front three) to face whoever wins the clasico. if RM goes through they will lift third in a row against Liverpool
b) if Real- Liverpool, Barca- Bayern, most likely Real- Barca final. I don't wanna face them in a single leg tie-final through
c) if real-bayern, barca- liverpool. Worst possible draw. Real goes to the final, and barca liverpool wear each other out, and most likely we run a high risk of getting knocked out.

JohnS

I’m having a good laugh watching the camera swoop over Anfield. You have to admire the dedication of these Scousers, they are doing their very best attempt at scaring Manchester City with old history. Hey Liverpool fans, it’s about here and now! Many years since Liverpool last won anything of importance.
OK the here and now is Liverpool 3 Manchester City 0. Liverpools history is made from good management and good players. No sugar daddy ploughing billions into the club. People tend to forget that its only about 10 years ago or less that the Yank owners Hicks and Gillette had the club on the verge of Bankruptcy.

JohnS

Only Barca can stop Real Madrid from getting the 3rd CL in a row, and better chances for doing that is in a 2-leg tie.

i) Liverpool are exceptional in causing trouble to possession team with slow defenses. But their md and defense cannot cope even for 15 min of sustained pressure by Madrid. Kroos-Modric-Isco will run riot against Can Milner and Hendo. Marcelo will be facing Alexander-arnold on the left and Carvahal Robertson on the right, while Ronaldo will be working his way in the box between Lovren and Van Dijk.

ii) Bayern is terribly slow right now. They have quality players, but seem one level below the intensity needed at this stage of the competition. Jyup Hyunkes is the best coach to create balanced team (and consequently to stop RM by using Bayern's weapons), but i don't think that the physicality of BM at the moment permits that.

iii) Only Barcelona have a chance. Because there is a special atmosphere between the clubs even when they meet in Europe, and Barca is the only team who is not afraid to play RM.

My predictions according to the semis draw:
a)If Real-Barca, Liverpool-Bayern, i say: Liverpool eliminating bayern (boateng-hummels too slow for their front three) to face whoever wins the clasico. if RM goes through they will lift third in a row against Liverpool
b) if Real- Liverpool, Barca- Bayern, most likely Real- Barca final. I don't wanna face them in a single leg tie-final through
c) if real-bayern, barca- liverpool. Worst possible draw. Real goes to the final, and barca liverpool wear each other out, and most likely we run a high risk of getting knocked out.[/QUOTE

It's really great when people underestimate Liverpool. Then when they play them they see the reality. Liverpool may not win the champions league but you treat them as a walkover at you peril

Home of Barca Fans