Bayern Munchen

Der Kaiser

Every team is beatable...and frankly Bayern should have been beaten on Saturday night!

For starters they should have been playing with 10 men from the 25th minute when Ribbery threw his arm back into Lewandowski's face - straight red.

On 67 minutes Dante should have picked up a second yellow for the assault on Marco Reus that gave away a penalty.

Another example of UEFA/referee making their showcase 11 v 11 till the end AT ANY COST. In this case at the cost of the rules and integrity of the game!

then what about lewandowskis step on boateng? clearly intentional...

it was a thrilling final and I dont get how you people still find stuff to whine about.

0n0mat0p0eia

'you people'? Let's hope that this was an unintentional slip and not the passive aggressive comment that I take it to be. #typicalarrogance

Lewandowski's stamp came as frustration took hold. Ribbery should NOT have been on the pitch to take part in the build-up for the opener, or passing to Robben to score the winner.

I said as soon as I saw Ribbery throw his elbow back and contact a player's face that it was a sending off offence; and it was done right in front of the referee!

My point was that these ARE NOT supermen; they were worse than Dortmund in the first half and should have been a man down; I don't give a shit about the outcome, i'm more concerned in how Barca can challenge them next year.

I think that If we can get back to our pressing game - pressing together as a team, in the right areas - enforce our defence with one or two good purchases, and get Messi back to full fitness, the gap between us and Bayern is not as large as people claim it to be.

Should, would, could, the game was 90 mins long not 30 minutes, over the whole match Bayern created the far better chances and if we go to the path of ifs and buts then Subotic should have been send of for holding Muller as the last man in the second half and should have conceded a penalty in the first few minutes when holding on to Muller again. Plus you cannot possibly justify and pardon Lewas stump on Boateng to frustrating but rage about Ribery not getting send off, they are beatable as is any team but they are the team to beat right now.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Bayern are definitely beatable (it's impossible for a team not to be) but easy to beat? Hardly. Even with a CB transfer AND if Tito were to fix all the tactics perfectly, I'm pretty sure we'd still lost something like 2-1 or 3-2. Why? Because Bayern are much much better as a unit than we are. They don't have ONE player they rely on for goals or ONE player they rely on to distribute passes. Both their fullbacks are strong in attack AND defense. Not to mention that they have aerial prowess and good physical qualities as well. That's real total football right there, not what we play anymore. An in prime Barca in 2009 or 2011 would be strong enough to rival and even beat them (still wouldn't be an easy win) but for the foreseeable future, Bayern are better. And overrated is definitely not a word to describe them. Anyone who says so is in denial about their talent. Will they always be this good? No. Could they get better with Pep, Gotze, and Lewandowski? Yes. It's their era in the cycle right now and it's time to admit that.

Last edited:

Der Kaiser

'you people'? Let's hope that this was an unintentional slip and not the passive aggressive comment that I take it to be. #typicalarrogance

Lewandowski's stamp came as frustration took hold. Ribbery should NOT have been on the pitch to take part in the build-up for the opener, or passing to Robben to score the winner.

I said as soon as I saw Ribbery throw his elbow back and contact a player's face that it was a sending off offence; and it was done right in front of the referee!

My point was that these ARE NOT supermen; they were worse than Dortmund in the first half and should have been a man down; I don't give a shit about the outcome, i'm more concerned in how Barca can challenge them next year.

I think that If we can get back to our pressing game - pressing together as a team, in the right areas - enforce our defence with one or two good purchases, and get Messi back to full fitness, the gap between us and Bayern is not as large as people claim it to be.

I think if Klopp and the Dortmund boys can accept the defeat and congratulate the winner, you should too.

Bayern are definitely beatable (it's impossible for a team not to be) but easy to beat? Hardly. Even with a CB transfer AND if Tito were to fix all the tactics perfectly, I'm pretty sure we'd still lost something like 2-1 or 3-2. Why? Because Bayern are much much better as a unit than we are. They don't have ONE player they rely on for goals or ONE player they rely on to distribute passes. Both their fullbacks are strong in attack AND defense. Not to mention that they have aerial prowess and good physical qualities as well. That's real total football right there, not what we play anymore. An in prime Barca in 2009 or 2011 would be strong enough to rival and even beat them (still wouldn't be an easy win) but for the foreseeable future, Bayern are better. And overrated is definitely not a word to describe them. Anyone who says so is in denial about their talent. Will they always be this good? No. Could they get better with Pep, Gotze, and Lewandowski? Yes. It's their era in the cycle right now and it's time to admit that.

Well, I can see us beating them or at least giving them a much tougher time next season with the right changes. One of which (IMO) should be to get a new coach. We still have amazing players like Messi and Iniesta after all, but we need to fix our weaknesses (bad defense, etc) and our tactics (meaning get a new coach, Tito might change and be better next season, but I wouldn't take that chance). I'm just worried about us not making the right changes.

No doubt they are much better than us right now though.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Well, I can see us beating them or at least giving them a much tougher time next season with the right changes. One of which (IMO) should be to get a new coach.

No doubt they are much better than us right now though.

Even if we get the right forwards and CB's the tactics need to be heavily fixed AND they'd likely need a season to accumulate plus Bayern are getting 2 of Dortmund's stars and the very ex-manager that made us this good in the first place. If one remains unbiased about this, it's really really easy to see that they'd still whoop us next season. Management problems won't be fixed, the attacking transfers wouldn't make a difference, and the only difference would be a slightly to moderately reduced scoreline.

JamDav1982

Even if we get the right forwards and CB's the tactics need to be heavily fixed AND they'd likely need a season to accumulate plus Bayern are getting 2 of Dortmund's stars and the very ex-manager that made us this good in the first place. If one remains unbiased about this, it's really really easy to see that they'd still whoop us next season. Management problems won't be fixed, the attacking transfers wouldn't make a difference, and the only difference would be a slightly to moderately reduced scoreline.

Why will attacking transfers not make a difference?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Why will attacking transfers not make a difference?

With the tactics this way it really wouldn't. In those Bayern games we couldn't even get the ball to our forwards, so what could they have done? Even if we occasionally could, they would be cut out by the likes of Dante, Lahm, Alaba, Martinez, etc. The most difference that could be made with attacking transfers is that we possibly could be able to not spare them a clean sheet.

Exactly what I'm saying. The right changes need to be made, and that includes changing the tactics (as well as making the right signings). Which I realize is a tall order (especially considering we don't seem to be too keen on getting a new coach) , and you're right that the team may need a season to get used to the tactics (and the signings may need a season to get used to the team). I may be being too hopeful, but I can see us winning the CL or at least getting a much more respectable scoreline against Bayern if the right changes are made. Question is, will those changes be made?

Last edited:

JamDav1982

With the tactics this way it really wouldn't. In those Bayern games we couldn't even get the ball to our forwards, so what could they have done? Even if we occasionally could, they would be cut out by the likes of Dante, Lahm, Alaba, Martinez, etc. The most difference that could be made with attacking transfers is that we possibly could be able to not spare them a clean sheet.

I dont agree with that. There was a number of reasons why Barcelona did provide much of an attacking threat, one of which was that there were no players in the front three that could create anything with the ball or disrupt the Bayern defence in any way.

It was a huge are of weakness and teams have worked out how to stop the likes of Pedro and Sanchez.

The attack was just as weak and as need of mending as the defence is/was.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I dont agree with that. There was a number of reasons why Barcelona did provide much of an attacking threat, one of which was that there were no players in the front three that could create anything with the ball or disrupt the Bayern defence in any way.

It was a huge are of weakness and teams have worked out how to stop the likes of Pedro and Sanchez.

The attack was just as weak and as need of mending as the defence is/was.

Not only was there a lack of capable players, it's that we couldn't even get the ball to those players let alone them have the ability to spark attacks. Most of the time the ball was passed complacently around the center circle by our midfielders or defenders. If Pedro/Alexis ever got the ball they were barely above midfield and completely cornered in the touchline outmarked by 2-3 players. I know you feel that Neymar would make a change but in that situation, but he wouldn't, no player would. Even if he manages to bamboozle Lahm/Ribery he still has to drift inwards and get past Martinez and THEN he faces the central defenders. It's highly unlikely he'll be able to humiliate such disciplined and composed defenders in the first place.

Heynckes brilliantly set up his tactics to compress his formation into midfield during our buildup play thus having a swarm of Bayern players pressing and closing down passing space, isolating our defense from our midfield, and our midfield from our attack. They weren't able to be counterattacked either as their forward line jockeyed to spare time to their defenders to regain position. Basically speaking, they compressed their play so much that not only would our midfielders rarely find Messi in a central position, they also wouldn't be able to find the wide forwards in favorable positions at all and they'd end up being isolated. And don't think that Neymar (or any other forward) being there will take some pressure off of Messi in that situation because Bayern did not simply try to beat us by shoving 4-5 players to surround Messi. They stopped our entire team equally, thus neutralizing Messi as well.

0n0mat0p0eia

I think if Klopp and the Dortmund boys can accept the defeat and congratulate the winner, you should too.

Where did I say the win was undeserved. Bayern are the best team in Europe, and they deserved to have won the trophy last year as well.

I'm trying to point out that, although they beat us 7-0, they are not hugely better than us.

We stopped our pressing game; our players were 'leggy'; Messi was injured; we didn't have a manager for half the season...

Not ALL of these things hugely matter, BUT taken together - although Bayern might still have beaten us - we wouldn't have been embarrassed 7-0.

Yes, Barca need to tweak some things; we need a GK; we need a class CB...Bayern don't play a class of football that's beyond us.

With Bayern strengthening with Goetse and Lewa (possibly) it will be interesting to see what happens next year.

My prediction...they will be the first team since the CL started to retain the trophy; it's up to the Barcas/Madrids/manUs etc. to raise their game.

Where did I say the win was undeserved. Bayern are the best team in Europe, and they deserved to have won the trophy last year as well.

I'm trying to point out that, although they beat us 7-0, they are not hugely better than us.

We stopped our pressing game; our players were 'leggy'; Messi was injured; we didn't have a manager for half the season...

Not ALL of these things hugely matter, BUT taken together - although Bayern might still have beaten us - we wouldn't have been embarrassed 7-0.

Yes, Barca need to tweak some things; we need a GK; we need a class CB...Bayern don't play a class of football that's beyond us.

With Bayern strengthening with Goetse and Lewa (possibly) it will be interesting to see what happens next year.

My prediction...they will be the first team since the CL started to retain the trophy; it's up to the Barcas/Madrids/manUs etc. to raise their game.

LOL you should re-read the post sounds very much like you are discrediting Bayerns achievement yesterday by going on about the refereeing decisions

xavi_the_Boss

Why does everyone say the Arsenal match was a fluke?
Bayern were ruthless this season but i don´t really like the way they Play and their arrogance:angry:

Home of Barca Fans