Bayern Munchen

Temptation

I ask the Football Gods for forgiveness in advance coz I'm allowing a Franz Beckenbauer topic to segue into an Eric Dierbolical discussion but here it goes:

Dier to Bayern: Sometimes these big clubs have these strange signings for squad depth, cheap deals or whatever reason. Remember when Real Madrid signed Jonathan Woodgate? He was much better than Eric Dier though.....

Dier's POV: Great great move. Imagine being Norwich level and moving to Bayern. Bro is failing upwards. :lol:

Bayern's POV: Signed him for squad depth. They got a cheap but experienced CB from the Prem. Dier is slow and a terrible fit on paper for the superfast Bundesliga. He'd be much more suited to the Italian League or a team that plays a low block system. But it is what it is. Maybe Tuchel has got an ace up his sleeve. Time will tell.

Jenks

I ask the Football Gods for forgiveness in advance coz I'm allowing a Franz Beckenbauer topic to segue into an Eric Dierbolical discussion but here it goes:

Dier to Bayern: Sometimes these big clubs have these strange signings for squad depth, cheap deals or whatever reason. Remember when Real Madrid signed Jonathan Woodgate? He was much better than Eric Dier though.....

Dier's POV: Great great move. Imagine being Norwich level and moving to Bayern. Bro is failing upwards. :lol:

Bayern's POV: Signed him for squad depth. They got a cheap but experienced CB from the Prem. Dier is slow and a terrible fit on paper for the superfast Bundesliga. He'd be much more suited to the Italian League or a team that plays a low block system. But it is what it is. Maybe Tuchel has got an ace up his sleeve. Time will tell.
You never really know with these moves. People forget, but Akanji seemed like a ridiculous transfer for City at the time. I don't see the speed of the Bundesliga being too much of an issue. The transitions are fast, but the players are not especially athletic compared to the Premier League. I actually think there's a decent chance that he ends used more to provide a bit of steel in defence than as an out-and-out centre back. Tuchel has been complaining about Kimmich not being a real #6 all season.

Andresito

Staff member
Close to signing Sacha Boey for 20m+bonuses from Galatasaray. Heard good things about him and he's still pretty young at 23 and could take another big step at Bayern.
After seeing what became of Min-jae after leaving Turkey I'm sure Bayern have high hopes for him. Good and relatively cheap gamble for Bayern.

JamDav1982

Feels like something is changing at Bayern.

A lot more of their players seem to open to move.. Davies, Kimmich, Sane etc all seem a bit more reluctant to extend.. maybe Musiala will be next.

Winning league every season and beating same teams to win same trophies probably gets fairly repetitive after a while even if been pushed last season and this.

El Gato

Villarato!
Reports of Davies extending through a higher offer than elsewhere
Seems like they'll be stuck needing to go high repeatedly

JamDav1982

Reports of Davies extending through a higher offer than elsewhere
Seems like they'll be stuck needing to go high repeatedly

He hasnt even been that great in few times watched them past couple seasons.

Top teams would take him for what he can be.

Davies be off to Real most likely would think.

Home of Barca Fans