Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi983

I do really like Mascherano ,gr8 player and all
But It is time to bring his replacement is next summer ,As someone mentioned it is time to act not to react
Mascherano is almost 32 ,he is probably a starter next season ,but I doubt he will be able to continue being gr8 further .we need to have his replacement in the team already

No doubt, I agree about that and the club is already working toward bringing in a younger CB. My post was mostly against what I considered to be underapreciation of (current) Masche's role within the team. For me he's still an irrepleacable part and leader of this team and will stay that until he's here. Yes, younger player might eventually replace him on the pitch but I'd keep him in the club until he's willing to stay because of his leadership skills we are missing since Puyol has retired. Iniesta, Messi and Busquets are ahead of him for captains armband but Masche's personality is the closest to Puyi's and we need that kind of presence in locker room.

Judged by the rumors of players linked with us so far it is not impressive at all.

Sorry, but judging sport director's work based on rumours in the media is not very smart. At least wait until the end of August to see what Robert will do.

gasgas

For me
Out: alves, mathieu, arda, douglas, adriano, vermaelen, sandro

In: r. Rodriguez, marquinhos, umtiti, gundogan, denis suarez

Squad
Fullbacks: roberto, rodriguez, alba, vidal
Centrebacks: pique, umtiti, marquinhos, masche
Midfielders: iniesta, rakitic, gundogan, rafinha,
Wingers and forwards: D.Suarez, MSN, munir

gasgas

For me
Out: alves, mathieu, arda, douglas, adriano, vermaelen, sandro

Squad

Kohe321

It's worrying that with a squad of 20+ players we

1. Have an ageing squad with some key players close to 30 or over 30

and

2. Have a group of 13-14 players that are actually able to contribute and push for a spot in the starting XI, while the rest are deadweight or not good enough.

Now, I'm not saying that we should buy the best players in every position because this is not Football Manager 2016 or FIFA Career Mode, but compared to most teams, our squad is thin when it comes to overall quality.

Even if MSN cannot be rotated that much, the others players can be.

Our Starting XI of Bravo/ter Stegen; Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Alba; Rakitic, Busquets, Iniesta; Messi, Suarez, Neymar - Play way too many games, way too many minutes.

Why?

Because their replacements are not good enough. When they are rotated, we lose a good chunk of quality.

We don't even need 2-3 players in each position. Just one player who's talented enough to rotate without a considerable drop in quality, or push for a place in the Starting XI, is more than good enough. Especially when some of the players are 30 or older.

Tonight's loss and elimination is very disappointing, but when you think about, not that strange with the amount of games played and how the 'Gala XI' have played most of the minutes. It's both physically and mentally tiring. You can talk all you want about desire and motivation, but in the end, you simply are out of gas. You can be very motivated and have the desire to win it all again, but just not be able to do so because....you're just tired.

With the Espai Barca project coming up, there will be no room to replace several players at once. We need to start removing the deadweight and bring in capable players right now, preferably players that aren't 30.

The midfield and the defence can easily be rotated without someone getting pissed off. Even MSN can be rotated effectively with a proper 4th attacking option. Could be someone with a lower profile who's talented enough to make some difference. Don't need to be a superstar and 50m+ signing.

The boards and managements have been dicking around way too much with signings like the Verminator. Time to sign smart and hopefully young, and time to act rather than react.

Completely agree with all of this. Felt like quoting it because this post deserves to be on the most recent page as well.

Great stuff [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION]. :cheers:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
[tw]720640551104720896[/tw]

Even if we had a more than decent forward backup Lucho would probably not sub him on for MSN in a game like yesterday, so what's the point? And don't give me the "x or y was tired because to many matches" - 90% of our team looked like they wanted to be somewhere else.

Last edited:

SeloBarca

Even if we had a more than decent forward backup Lucho would probably not sub him on for MSN in a game like yesterday, so what's the point? And don't give me the "x or y was tired because to many matches" - 90% of our team looked like they wanted to be somewhere else.

Ye, the "to tired" excuse is kinda overused everytime the team plays bad.
They are top athletes that plays max 2 games per week. If anything its our fitnessteams fault for not training enough cardio.

For me
Out: alves, mathieu, arda, douglas, adriano, vermaelen, sandro, munir, song, tello, halilovich

Squad

Would be ideal, could add Ricardo Pereira from french league as a new Adriano, and maybe a starter in future.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMvRCqIVqqg

Last edited:

Pastore

I dont think that Alves will leave in the Summer. I would keep him one season more and then try to get Bellerin.

R. Rodriquez would be too expensive for a LB back up, i would like to see J. Castro from Celta Vigo as our new LB back up.

I guess also Mathieu will stay for one season more at least. Hes a good back up but i would sign a new good CB - Marquinhos, but not sure if he will be too expensive. Also Murillo or Umtiti could be options. Most players who came from french League were good transfers. Marquez, Abidal, Toure.

I hope that D. Suarez will be playing for Barca next Season.
Gameiro plays a good Season, but we have too many players with similar age. Would prefer to sign younger player.

iniesta_8

I dont think that Alves will leave in the Summer. I would keep him one season more and then try to get Bellerin.

R. Rodriquez would be too expensive for a LB back up, i would like to see J. Castro from Celta Vigo as our new LB back up.

I guess also Mathieu will stay for one season more at least. Hes a good back up but i would sign a new good CB - Marquinhos, but not sure if he will be too expensive. Also Murillo or Umtiti could be options. Most players who came from french League were good transfers. Marquez, Abidal, Toure.

I hope that D. Suarez will be playing for Barca next Season.
Gameiro plays a good Season, but we have too many players with similar age. Would prefer to sign younger player.

Every player with the qualities to start for Barca will be expensvie..

Total-Football

Marquinos is an interesting choice .. the guy can play both as a full back and a RB .. we can solve a lot of problems if he succeed here .. plus he's very Young .. the problem is if he affordable or not .. all we need in the summer is two things .. Marquinos and brilliant midfielder nothing more (our midfield is not Young ) .. with all the midfielders we can rest MSN and insert a 4th midfielder whenever needed

El Guaje

Marquinos is an interesting choice .. the guy can play both as a full back and a RB .. we can solve a lot of problems if he succeed here .. plus he's very Young .. the problem is if he affordable or not .. all we need in the summer is two things .. Marquinos and brilliant midfielder nothing more (our midfield is not Young ) .. with all the midfielders we can rest MSN and insert a 4th midfielder whenever needed

Another attacker is obviously needed. What is Enrique supposed to do when MSN are underperforming next time? Or when there is an injury or suspension? Throw in Munir?

BBZ8800

Another attacker is obviously needed. What is Enrique supposed to do when MSN are underperforming next time? Or when there is an injury or suspension? Throw in Munir?

Even if we buy world class player as a back up attacker, I don't see how a coach can bench Messi or a movie-star-diva Neymar.
Messi wants to play even with a broken leg.

Only Suarez could get benched sometimes (imo) without diva bursts.

I personally don't see a point for a 4th attacker.
That guy will never player NO MATTER how bad Messi or Neymar will play.
And no matter how tired, sick, injured or whatever they are.

Basically, a 4th Fc will play only when someone is injured, or IF Suarez will play extremely bad.
But since Suarez is the only guy in the MSN trio who actually gives a shit, then I see no point in the 4th Fc.
We have 2 unbenchable guys who don't give a shit, and 1 semi-benchable guy who gives a shit.

We are screwed with MSN now.
If they play awesome=they will bring us titles.
If they get into a bad patch=you can't do anything.

We can only hope that they will "magically" improve in terms of motivation and stamina on their own.
If not, we can only sell them.
A word benching doesn't exist in Messi&Neymar dictionary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans