Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeloBarca

What are you talking about? Masche is still one of our best and most consistent players. He was easily MVP for me tonight.

masche is really good at rundowns and last ditch gliding tackle saves, but his man marking is really bad. Especially on crosses.

Last edited:
J

Jamie Cal

I had a horrible fear in January that we'd run out of legs and we sure as fuck did this last month. All those times saying we should get a forward came to rue, but in general our squad isn't good enough.

Mitchell1978

Getting Denis Suarez back would be good, besides him Barca should get another cb, a leftback back-up, another forward (preferably someone who can play both on the wing and at cf)
If Turan can be sold to China for a lot of money they should do it and get another midfielder more suited for barca.

SeloBarca

Gündogan wouldnt even be THAT expensive and isnt an unrealistic signing. And he has always liked Barcelona.
Suarez could be an ok rotation player to MSN but there should be better young options.
Umtiti is a young CB and looks just as good as Marquinhos and wouldnt cost to much either.
Pereira also looks good in French league and can play on both L/R side defence.

DrPepper

Time to act.

172871.png
163631.png
186561.png
189242.png
192505.png

gasgas

May be we need an overall change in things

What about a 4-2-3-1

..................... ter stegen.......
S. Roberto.....pique..........umtiti...r.rodriguez
................Busquets. . Pogba
D. Suarez......Messi...............neymar
......................suarez. :pep:

xXKonan

It's worrying that with a squad of 20+ players we

1. Have an ageing squad with some key players close to 30 or over 30

and

2. Have a group of 13-14 players that are actually able to contribute and push for a spot in the starting XI, while the rest are deadweight or not good enough.

Now, I'm not saying that we should buy the best players in every position because this is not Football Manager 2016 or FIFA Career Mode, but compared to most teams, our squad is thin when it comes to overall quality.

Even if MSN cannot be rotated that much, the others players can be.

Our Starting XI of Bravo/ter Stegen; Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Alba; Rakitic, Busquets, Iniesta; Messi, Suarez, Neymar - Play way too many games, way too many minutes.

Why?

Because their replacements are not good enough. When they are rotated, we lose a good chunk of quality.

We don't even need 2-3 players in each position. Just one player who's talented enough to rotate without a considerable drop in quality, or push for a place in the Starting XI, is more than good enough. Especially when some of the players are 30 or older.

Tonight's loss and elimination is very disappointing, but when you think about, not that strange with the amount of games played and how the 'Gala XI' have played most of the minutes. It's both physically and mentally tiring. You can talk all you want about desire and motivation, but in the end, you simply are out of gas. You can be very motivated and have the desire to win it all again, but just not be able to do so because....you're just tired.

With the Espai Barca project coming up, there will be no room to replace several players at once. We need to start removing the deadweight and bring in capable players right now, preferably players that aren't 30.

The midfield and the defence can easily be rotated without someone getting pissed off. Even MSN can be rotated effectively with a proper 4th attacking option. Could be someone with a lower profile who's talented enough to make some difference. Don't need to be a superstar and 50m+ signing.

The boards and managements have been dicking around way too much with signings like the Verminator. Time to sign smart and hopefully young, and time to act rather than react.
I agree with you on this. and I've said it before we have several players here that either overstayed their welcome or weren't good enough in the first place.

Players like
Adriano
Douglas
Verm
Sandro
Bartra

Seriously? is this the best we could come up with for Bench or Squad options. Jury is still out on Arda and Vidal for me as I'm willing to give them more time before throwing them to the wolves, but the other guys on that list? While Adriano was once a great LB/RB back up Option for us he's not anymore and he's nothing but dead weight now.

Douglas? he was never good enough for a team like ours and Verm? Injury prone and inconstant and Sandro is better off being loaned out somewhere since he never even makes the bench anymore. and Bartra? He's not good enough to be a first choice CB for us.

It says a lot our current best LB Back up to Alba is a Right footed CM.

J

Jamie Cal

We won't be getting Gundo or getting rid of Arda. We have tons of players in midfield and likely be bringing Denis home too. Thing is though, we need a new starter. We need Pogba at this point.

Adriano and Verm can certainly fuck off. When Sergi's ahead of Adriano (and fucking Verm played LB for Belgium) at left back, what worth are they? Bartra's had his go and it hasn't worked. A sale with a buyback is best at this point.

Not to pin it all on him, but I think we've shot ourselves in the foot buying Arda. He can be a good player for us but it's limited our options in the market and I see Denis as a perfect like-for-like with Iniesta anyway. We need a different type of midfielder now.

Edit: oh and I hope the club don't see Denis as our backup forward, his skillset is best in midfield. He can be an option there but it wouldn't be right.

Total-Football

we are derailing from the path that cruyf desined fo us .. f** a wishlist .. i wanna see some hangry Young players from lamasia cruising their way up the starting eleven .. this how barca became the best in the world and now we are abandoning it

Jefecito

we are derailing from the path that cruyf desined fo us .. f** a wishlist .. i wanna see some hangry Young players from lamasia cruising their way up the starting eleven .. this how barca became the best in the world and now we are abandoning it

La Masia won't be producing the likes of Messi, Iniesta and Xavi every year. Take a look at Barça B lineups this season, there are 4 or 5 homegrown players, rest are mediocre Segunda B players from other teams. Why ? Because this generation isn't even good enough to secure its spot in Segunda B.
Only player who's good enough for promotion is Samper. Grimaldo would have been a good back up for Alba but well, it appears that Adriano is better in Lucho's mind, and club let him go to Benfica for 1m€. (without buyback option, pure genius there)

Jombi

So we should play Samper, Deulofeu, Tello, Bartra, Gumbau and Montoya next season?

Total-Football

La Masia won't be producing the likes of Messi, Iniesta and Xavi every year. Take a look at Barça B lineups this season, there are 4 or 5 homegrown players, rest are mediocre Segunda B players from other teams. Why ? Because this generation isn't even good enough to secure its spot in Segunda B.
Only player who's good enough for promotion is Samper. Grimaldo would have been a good back up for Alba but well, it appears that Adriano is better in Lucho's mind, and club let him go to Benfica for 1m€. (without buyback option, pure genius there)

sure we wont produce a messi .. how about Fabregas ( 44 Millions to get him back ) Thiago who is very Young and play with the strongest team in the world at the moment .. Bellerin whom we can only get him back if we pay around 40 M .. Players will keep moving out because they know that nobody cares about them .. that's why Pep in my opinion is the best coach in the world

Jefecito

sure we wont produce a messi .. how about Fabregas ( 44 Millions to get him back ) Thiago who is very Young and play with the strongest team in the world at the moment .. Bellerin whom we can only get him back if we pay around 40 M .. Players will keep moving out because they know that nobody cares about them .. that's why Pep in my opinion is the best coach in the world

you aren't choosing the right examples. Fabregas and Bellerin never moved because they knew nobody cares about them. They moved because this is what happens in all clubs, just like we get players from others clubs academies and then call them La Masia products.
I completely agree with the Thiago part though, staff made a huge mistake with him and still made his 25m€ buy out fee possible by not playing him 60% of the games.
I would have loved to see Deulofeu getting chances with the first team as well, Munir or Sandro are certainly not better than him.

Jombi

Its worth noting that Bellerin left when Pep was in charge. And what about the hundreds of other players who also moved and never made it in their new clubs and are now playing in the lower leagues? We only hear about the tiny number who makes it. Not the Fran Meridas of the world.

If there is one club who care about youth players it is us, but we cant always satisfy thousands of players, especially when they are offered much more money in other clubs at a very young age which we are not allowed to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans