Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

I agree. Maybe just rest them in the games before a tough CL tie. But you can't actually bench them for more than few games. And it's not like Madrid actually rests Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema when they are not injured.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
I agree. Maybe just rest them in the games before a tough CL tie. But you can't actually bench them for more than few games. And it's not like Madrid actually rests Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema when they are not injured.

Bale and Benzema are subbed off quite often imo.

Chong Li

OUT: Arda, Adriano, Verm, Douglass

IN: D. Suarez, Samper, LB (Rodriguez, Jonny), CB (Laporte please!) and a YOUNG forward (not 29 years old Gameiro!).

Barcilliant

Fuck all this transfer shit.

I'm bored of all the mercenaries out there.

Too damn bad there are no real talents coming out of La Masia.

What happened to Lee?

khaled_a_d

Even if we buy world class player as a back up attacker, I don't see how a coach can bench Messi or a movie-star-diva Neymar.
Messi wants to play even with a broken leg.

Only Suarez could get benched sometimes (imo) without diva bursts.

I personally don't see a point for a 4th attacker.
That guy will never player NO MATTER how bad Messi or Neymar will play.
And no matter how tired, sick, injured or whatever they are.

Basically, a 4th Fc will play only when someone is injured, or IF Suarez will play extremely bad.
But since Suarez is the only guy in the MSN trio who actually gives a shit, then I see no point in the 4th Fc.
We have 2 unbenchable guys who don't give a shit, and 1 semi-benchable guy who gives a shit.

We are screwed with MSN now.
If they play awesome=they will bring us titles.
If they get into a bad patch=you can't do anything.

We can only hope that they will "magically" improve in terms of motivation and stamina on their own.
If not, we can only sell them.
A word benching doesn't exist in Messi&Neymar dictionary.

I disagree with that , Last season Pedro gave the team a 4th highly respected attacker who earned his minutes .you can check numbers

Last Year when we had Pedro
1-Neymar :
Last season :
UCL : 13 games ,played 12 .rested once .subbed out 3 times
Liga : Games played 35,starting XI :29 ,subbed out around 9 games .only 20 games he played full 90 minutes
CDR: started 6 out of 9 games .subbed out 2 games of them

This season :
UCL : 9 games out of 10 .In all 90 minutes played
La Liga : 28 games out of 32 possible, 28 starts ,27 full 90 minutes .last time subbed out? his 1st game in August
CDR : 4 out of 8 games (Thank you Valencia & Gary for the SF rest) all of them 90 minutes played .no subs .

2- Suarez :
Last season :
UCL : 10 starts ,3 games suspended ,3 games subbed out
Liga : 27 games,starting 11 in 25 ,suspended 8 games .subbed out 10 times .only 15 games with 90 minutes
Cdr : starting in 6 games ,rested 3 . substituted once

This season :
UCL : 9 starts with full 90 minutes ,only 1 game rested
Liga : Starting 11 in 29 games out of 32 ,3 missed/rested
Cdr : 3 out of 8 games playing full 90 minutes .rested all the others

3-Messi :
Last season :
UCL : 13 out of 13 all starting and playing full 90 minutes
Liga : 38 games ,37 starting .missed only 45 minuts
Cdr : started and played full 90 minutes in 6 out of 9 and rested 3 times

This season :
UCL : missed 3 games duo to injury . non other single minutes missed
Liga : 27 games ,25 starts .subbed out twice one duo to injury
Cdr : 4 games played ,all full minutes

Pedro last year :
UCL : 4 starts ,5 subbed in . games out of 13
Liga : 35 games ,15 starts & 20 subbed in ,7 full 9 minutes
Cdr : 6 out of 9 games ,3 of them are starts

It is clear that there is a decrease in rest for Neymar & Suarez this year over past year .and I am not even counting that extra 5 "super cups" games .having a WC attacker will warrant giving him playing time taken from those 2
Next year?while there is a 3 games cut from this year ,but Neymar is probably gonna go to play both Olympics & Copa America .meaning no summer rest for him . Suarez & Messi too will play the Copa and both are 29 by summer (Suarez already 29)

Yes ,Messi will want to play all minutes available .but this will be the time to make him face the reality about his body and age.this year he already has seen fatigue and injuries as a result of him overplaying .even if he decided not to go on the bench and Lucho caved out .we will still need someone to replace him when he gets injured which is inevitable considering his age .

A 4th attacker is a must ,we need a new Pedro . may be we even need Pedro himself back :lol:

Jefecito

Fuck all this transfer shit.

I'm bored of all the mercenaries out there.

Too damn bad there are no real talents coming out of La Masia.

What happened to Lee?

He couldn't play with Barça because of the FIFA ban. He's now with Juvenil A, he's a starter and got his first minutes with Barça B in the last few weeks. Still way too early for 1st team.

El Guaje

Even if we buy world class player as a back up attacker, I don't see how a coach can bench Messi or a movie-star-diva Neymar.
Messi wants to play even with a broken leg.

Only Suarez could get benched sometimes (imo) without diva bursts.

I personally don't see a point for a 4th attacker.
That guy will never player NO MATTER how bad Messi or Neymar will play.
And no matter how tired, sick, injured or whatever they are.

Basically, a 4th Fc will play only when someone is injured, or IF Suarez will play extremely bad.
But since Suarez is the only guy in the MSN trio who actually gives a shit, then I see no point in the 4th Fc.
We have 2 unbenchable guys who don't give a shit, and 1 semi-benchable guy who gives a shit.

We are screwed with MSN now.
If they play awesome=they will bring us titles.
If they get into a bad patch=you can't do anything.

We can only hope that they will "magically" improve in terms of motivation and stamina on their own.
If not, we can only sell them.
A word benching doesn't exist in Messi&Neymar dictionary.

What khaled_a_d said. A 4th attacker is a must and it is very obvious. What alternatives did Enrique have to choose from in these last games when MSN were underperforming? None. None at all. He could only pray to God that they would start do do something. And so that Messi would start to actually give a f*uck. With another attacker Enrique couldve subbed out a midfielder or a defender for the attacker to add extra firepower.

Who can replace one of MSN if one, or God forbid, or two of them get injured? We have nobody to do it without loosing lots of quality. Luckily Neymar and Suarez were in godmode this time when Messi was out. Next time it might not be the same.

And as now, there is nothing to do when all of them are dead tired and worn out. Also, lets not forget the tournaments this summer which means no rest for either of them + Neymar wants to play both of them.

The squad must be reinforced. The bench is still sh*t compared to other top tier teams. Who do we have? Roberto and MaTS are very good. Arda and Vidal are decent backups but rest of the bench is crap. Leftovers who will never be able to contribute in harder games.

ss81bja

I disagree with that , Last season Pedro gave the team a 4th highly respected attacker who earned his minutes .you can check numbers

Last Year when we had Pedro
1-Neymar :
Last season :
UCL : 13 games ,played 12 .rested once .subbed out 3 times
Liga : Games played 35,starting XI :29 ,subbed out around 9 games .only 20 games he played full 90 minutes
CDR: started 6 out of 9 games .subbed out 2 games of them

This season :
UCL : 9 games out of 10 .In all 90 minutes played
La Liga : 28 games out of 32 possible, 28 starts ,27 full 90 minutes .last time subbed out? his 1st game in August
CDR : 4 out of 8 games (Thank you Valencia & Gary for the SF rest) all of them 90 minutes played .no subs .

2- Suarez :
Last season :
UCL : 10 starts ,3 games suspended ,3 games subbed out
Liga : 27 games,starting 11 in 25 ,suspended 8 games .subbed out 10 times .only 15 games with 90 minutes
Cdr : starting in 6 games ,rested 3 . substituted once

This season :
UCL : 9 starts with full 90 minutes ,only 1 game rested
Liga : Starting 11 in 29 games out of 32 ,3 missed/rested
Cdr : 3 out of 8 games playing full 90 minutes .rested all the others

3-Messi :
Last season :
UCL : 13 out of 13 all starting and playing full 90 minutes
Liga : 38 games ,37 starting .missed only 45 minuts
Cdr : started and played full 90 minutes in 6 out of 9 and rested 3 times

This season :
UCL : missed 3 games duo to injury . non other single minutes missed
Liga : 27 games ,25 starts .subbed out twice one duo to injury
Cdr : 4 games played ,all full minutes

Pedro last year :
UCL : 4 starts ,5 subbed in . games out of 13
Liga : 35 games ,15 starts & 20 subbed in ,7 full 9 minutes
Cdr : 6 out of 9 games ,3 of them are starts

It is clear that there is a decrease in rest for Neymar & Suarez this year over past year .and I am not even counting that extra 5 "super cups" games .having a WC attacker will warrant giving him playing time taken from those 2
Next year?while there is a 3 games cut from this year ,but Neymar is probably gonna go to play both Olympics & Copa America .meaning no summer rest for him . Suarez & Messi too will play the Copa and both are 29 by summer (Suarez already 29)

Yes ,Messi will want to play all minutes available .but this will be the time to make him face the reality about his body and age.this year he already has seen fatigue and injuries as a result of him overplaying .even if he decided not to go on the bench and Lucho caved out .we will still need someone to replace him when he gets injured which is inevitable considering his age .

A 4th attacker is a must ,we need a new Pedro . may be we even need Pedro himself back :lol:

The original poster probable thinking about a striker of Ibra, Lewandowski, or Aguero level......if so what he is saying makes sense..BUT definately we need a 4th decent striker for the sake of rotation and to avoid any of the first three burning out.....i will argue that messi is mentally fatigued especially since those pre Suarez seasons where was the "go-to" man..playing almost every match..we could get Falcao!!!!! bring him back to Spain..revive his career.... lol....he should be cheap now!!!!....Pedro was the ideal 4th striker....a squad player but i cant fault him leaving because he wasn't rotated properly. Messi needs a rest...when this season is over give him a vacation from the preseason tours and matches

SeloBarca

For what is available, hes a good option, and young.
His stats are better than Marquinhos and Laporte, while playing in a worse team.
Highest whosescored stats for Lyon in the game.

Last edited:

Jombi

He's mediocre. Hope he isn't the top signing CB or this is going to be a disaster.

Umtiti is the best CB in France together with Thiago Silva. I'd take him over Laporte, Marquinhos and Stones any day of the week. He's the best option regarding age/quality together with Mustafi from Valencia.

We must be prepared for Mertesacker though.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Completely agree with all of this. Felt like quoting it because this post deserves to be on the most recent page as well.

Great stuff @DonAK. :cheers:

Cheers mate.

It's often overlooked because of our great success, but people will realize it sooner or later when the spending stops when the construction of the different Espai Barca projects starts and we end up with an overage squad(hopefully not, and they start rebuilding step-by-step starting from this summer, although 20m + Halil for Gameiro doesn't really suggest that).

gasgas

Umtiti is my first choice CB
But i'm 95% we wont go for him.
Who are we kidding?
It's either koscielny or mertesacker

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans