Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

The main problem is that if we get rid of players we are likely to have even less money for transfers because the players we get rid of are either too old or too overpaid to fetch any money so we have to pay them to leave.

Getting rid of players with high wages alone bring you money
It is one of the main problem for the team.huge wage bell really hinders our ability in the market .

What are you talking about? Masche is still one of our best and most consistent players. He was easily MVP for me tonight.

I do really like Mascherano ,gr8 player and all
But It is time to bring his replacement is next summer ,As someone mentioned it is time to act not to react
Mascherano is almost 32 ,he is probably a starter next season ,but I doubt he will be able to continue being gr8 further .we need to have his replacement in the team already
How many players in FC Barcelona has been good starter at the age of 33 or older since the start of Laporta's successful era? The only 2 I remember are Puyol and Xavi
Puyol was gr8 in 11/12 season when he was 33 ,but that was his last gr8 season and Puyol was a natural defender that had qualities that Mascherano doesn't have along 2 inches extra height which helps when you lose a step or 2 during aging process
Xavi was starter at the age of 33 in 13/14 season ,and that was wrong decision .he should have been our super sub that year .
I really can't see Mascherano being our starting CB past next season . and I don't think it is a good idea either with half of the team being old and from South America which means that we are bound for failure after every international break

Total-Football

you aren't choosing the right examples. Fabregas and Bellerin never moved because they knew nobody cares about them. They moved because this is what happens in all clubs, just like we get players from others clubs academies and then call them La Masia products.
I completely agree with the Thiago part though, staff made a huge mistake with him and still made his 25m€ buy out fee possible by not playing him 60% of the games.
I would have loved to see Deulofeu getting chances with the first team as well, Munir or Sandro are certainly not better than him.

call me an idealist .. but i have a firm believe that names dont mean s*** in football .. ( Simone keeps prooving this point every year ) .. it's the hunger .. the more hangry players you have the more chance you stand , that's why barca won everything last year because they were hungry , Young players are the hungriest .. enough with 11 players past or near the 30's .. i would be very mad if Lucho keeps ignoring Halilovic and if we dont bring back denis .. also Roberto IMO has earned a place amonsgt the starting 11 .. give Samper a chance too busqests aint here forever .. i just wanna see youngsters

Jombi

Getting rid of players with high wages alone bring you money
It is one of the main problem for the team.huge wage bell really hinders our ability in the market .

We have to pay up to get rid of garbage with high wages though. How much do we have to pay to get rid of Verma, Adriano, Douglas and others?

khaled_a_d

It's worrying that with a squad of 20+ players we

1. Have an ageing squad with some key players close to 30 or over 30

and

2. Have a group of 13-14 players that are actually able to contribute and push for a spot in the starting XI, while the rest are deadweight or not good enough.

Now, I'm not saying that we should buy the best players in every position because this is not Football Manager 2016 or FIFA Career Mode, but compared to most teams, our squad is thin when it comes to overall quality.

Even if MSN cannot be rotated that much, the others players can be.

Our Starting XI of Bravo/ter Stegen; Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Alba; Rakitic, Busquets, Iniesta; Messi, Suarez, Neymar - Play way too many games, way too many minutes.

Why?

Because their replacements are not good enough. When they are rotated, we lose a good chunk of quality.

We don't even need 2-3 players in each position. Just one player who's talented enough to rotate without a considerable drop in quality, or push for a place in the Starting XI, is more than good enough. Especially when some of the players are 30 or older.

Tonight's loss and elimination is very disappointing, but when you think about, not that strange with the amount of games played and how the 'Gala XI' have played most of the minutes. It's both physically and mentally tiring. You can talk all you want about desire and motivation, but in the end, you simply are out of gas. You can be very motivated and have the desire to win it all again, but just not be able to do so because....you're just tired.

With the Espai Barca project coming up, there will be no room to replace several players at once. We need to start removing the deadweight and bring in capable players right now, preferably players that aren't 30.

The midfield and the defence can easily be rotated without someone getting pissed off. Even MSN can be rotated effectively with a proper 4th attacking option. Could be someone with a lower profile who's talented enough to make some difference. Don't need to be a superstar and 50m+ signing.

The boards and managements have been dicking around way too much with signings like the Verminator. Time to sign smart and hopefully young, and time to act rather than react.

I think you meant 29+ ?

I agree with many of your points really
Couple of weeks ago someone brought an interview for Lucho with 442 ,the part that was the most interesting to me was his talking about young players getting promoted
He said only Messi walked in the team ,other players has to take it step by step from the bench .you know he has a point and he is right .we have seen it it with players like Puyol,Xavi ,Iniesta and we now seeing it with Roberto and to lesser extent and less success so far with Munir&Rafinha

The thing is ,while I agree with his point on young players ,I think it should be also with some signings
I am not saying new signings should sit on the bench ,but there should be players signed with the idea of being starter in couple of years

Last classico ,it was said we had an average age of around 29 years& 5 months or so .the highest since 1988 :angry:
I can get having an old team ,experienced team usually have better chance of winning ,but old teams need rest ,specially when they are competing for everything .we didn't offer that rest
We also doesn't look to have have players who can take it from the starters ,at least for now .whom in the team can take a starting spot from the classical starting XI? may be (and only may be) MATS will switch places with Bravo and that's it .Roberto might have a chance too but we don't even know if is on RB or CM .both are totally different positions

Next season ,I really can't see that team changing much in the starting lineup ,after all this still a gr8 group of players .but it is aging group and it really needs heavy rotatin .there are players who should never play 2 games in one week now .Iniesta,Alves mainly . father time is undefeated

We have a clear need in a back up LB and back up attacker who can give our attackers rest .those are actually a reaction to clear weakness

But thinking beyond next season ,I can't see Alves/Mascherano/Iniesta starters anymore .that would be another Xavi in 13/14 season or Puyol in 12/13 season /.players who were overused and living in denial of their age

We need to have at least 1 replacement of those players from the team .while we already have 3 solid CBs in Pique/Mascherano/Mathieu .we don't have young player who can replace them
We clearly need one .I don't know who but there should be a signing for a CB for the future .that is a priority
AM/CM look a bit tricky .we have several players who "might" turn to be gr8 in S.Roberto/Halilovic/D.Suarez/Rafinha and even Samper & Alena .we will bring back D.Suarez and probably loan Samper & Halilovic .I think we won't make a new signing unless Arda is sold .And we will take a year figuring how good are those kids really are.

RB is another tricky situation ,we have ALves ,new signing Vidal & new emergence of Roberto .unless Lucho has lost faith in Vidal I think we will try to figure out how good Vidal/Roberto really are .

We will also need to fill B team with some real prospects ,there should be need more of signings in the D.Suarez/Halilovic mold and less overweight Robert Gonçalves Santos overweight signings .

Overall ,Robert has a lot of wok to do next summer .I hope winning domestic double won't make the board try to sugarcoat our team needs

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

We have to pay up to get rid of garbage with high wages though. How much do we have to pay to get rid of Verma, Adriano, Douglas and others?

Highly doubt we will have to pay for them .other than Douglas those guys still have a market and teams interested in them .while not interested to pay transfer fees for them I think many would gladly take them from our wage bell
Adriano was and still wanted by Roma
Vermaelen actually might get us couple of millions ,he still has value .he is just 30 and still remembered as very good CB n PL and stayed relatively healthy all season long .It isn't an ideal situation but it isn't really that dark IMHO

If there is one club who care about youth players it is us, but we cant always satisfy thousands of players, especially when they are offered much more money in other clubs at a very young age which we are not allowed to do.

We have lost Cesc in 2003 during the elections time ,then we lost Pique in 2004 .after that the board kept talking about having to keep our best prospects
Since 2004 ,we brought the likes of Messi,Iniesta (was in 1st team b4 but his role became much bigger through the years) ,Pedro,Busquets along player like Bojan who failed to improve through the 1st team .
Other than that we lost the likes of Fran Mérida & Dani Pacheco
In 2011 alone we have lost Icardi,Keita Baldé,Bellerin .we have also lost the likes of Sanabria & Thiago after .3 of those guys were under contract btw .
I don't want to go into "this board vs that one" discussion .but I honestly believe that a better job in retaining our best prospects is possible .giving them the attention and clear plan would help players to be convinced that staying is btter .we can't just rely on loyalty of our prospects .yes we are bound to lose some but we can retain most of the best

Jombi

You may be right, but I suspect we pay at least twice as much as any team willing to take on players like Verma and Adriano. Which team will smash their wage structure to get Verma and Adriano?

Would Roma be willing to make Verma and Adriano their best paid defenders by far?

J

Jamie Cal

Get a CB in the summer and a few backups
Get a center mid the summer after and maybe Bellerin if our RBs aren't cutting it.

Our squad will be in good nick for another few years then imo. I'd love if we'd get Pogba this summer but we don't have the money.

We have some prospects on the horizon now too, maybe even a few too many in midfield. The B team were a mess for a while there but we're over the worst of that.

gasgas

Get a CB in the summer and a few backups
Get a center mid the summer after and maybe Bellerin if our RBs aren't cutting it.

Our squad will be in good nick for another few years then imo. I'd love if we'd get Pogba this summer but we don't have the money.

We have some prospects on the horizon now too, maybe even a few too many in midfield. The B team were a mess for a while there but we're over the worst of that.
I think our RBs are cutting it.
S.Roberto is a great RB
Alves and Vidal are good enough backups

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Seems like our scouts are "monitoring" and looking at PSG and Arsenal players. Thats how we roll.

Can't believe they get paid doing this.

Maybe we need to have an overhaul on the sporting director and the scouts before we hope any sensible signings will take place.

BarçaBarça

Tonight's loss and elimination is very disappointing, but when you think about, not that strange with the amount of games played and how the 'Gala XI' have played most of the minutes. It's both physically and mentally tiring. You can talk all you want about desire and motivation, but in the end, you simply are out of gas. You can be very motivated and have the desire to win it all again, but just not be able to do so because....you're just tired.

I think you are right - the lack of real rotation (as you say, caused by losing to much quality when it's done) has it's consequences now. You can't seriously blame the players for not wanting to win, we simply demand too much if it is expected that the same players deliver nearly 2 times a week for a whole season.

Next season ,I really can't see that team changing much in the starting lineup ,after all this still a gr8 group of players .but it is aging group and it really needs heavy rotatin .there are players who should never play 2 games in one week now .Iniesta,Alves mainly . father time is undefeated

Yes, and that should be the main focus in our transfer-policy, as you suggest: To get promising rotation-players who compete for starting-spots :)

AM/CM look a bit tricky .we have several players who "might" turn to be gr8 in S.Roberto/Halilovic/D.Suarez/Rafinha and even Samper & Alena .we will bring back D.Suarez and probably loan Samper & Halilovic .I think we won't make a new signing unless Arda is sold .And we will take a year figuring how good are those kids really are.

I'm willing to give these guys a chance next season and see if someone makes a big breakthrough. Don't really want to prioritize some of the other AM/CM's on the market anyway (except maybe Pogba, I'll just cross my fingers he will stay in Juventus). Getting Gündogan + selling Arda seems like a Football Manager-thing to do (Gündogan will need time to adapt as well, we won't get the right price for Arda, maybe he will make more an impact next season etc.). But again this doesn't make it impossible to look for youngsters to buy + loaning out if good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans