Barca Transfers and Rumors

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No, Puig, Alena and Wague would not be worth 50m if they were put in this Ajax team ahead of de Ligt and de Jong. That's just absurd on another level.

Both of these players have had great performances vs a team like Bayern and with their National Teams.

You first say they're grossly overrated, which they might be if people think of them as saviors, but then you post something ridiculous like that yourself.

The problem I have with Barca and a part of our fanbase these days is how they want to tag every talented player with being overrated and then stay quiet when Barca go out and buy trash instead. Just being idiots.

We're a few decent Murillo performances away from not getting a de Ligt, Upamecano or anything like that and instead wasting 25m on a CB that's bounced from club to club and has no business starting for this team.

I miss the days half this forum was saying Deulofeu would look great in the Brazilian league and that he was better than Neymar, or when people here were saying Arthur was mediocre because it was only the Brazilian league and that Oriol Busquets who's playing in the Spanish 3rd division for the first time as a full member of Barca B this season was better.

Last edited:

Joan

No, Puig, Alena and Wague would not be worth 50m if they were put in this Ajax team ahead of de Ligt and de Jong. That's just absurd on another level.

Both of these players have had great performances vs a team like Bayern and with their National Teams.

You first say they're grossly overrated, which they might be if people think of them as saviors, but then you post something ridiculous like that yourself.
Yes, they're obviously bright talents. Better than Alena, Puig and similar. But they're far from being proven on the highest level. One time they play well against say Bayern or Germany, the other time they're among the poorest on the pitch. However, that's normal for their age.

While I do think they're grossly overrated going by many comments and reactions, I also think they're worth getting. Now you can come up with a retort, not everyone overrates them and you're cherry picking comments. Which is undoubtedly true, but one needs a reference point.

Another thing, what are you referring to? What's ridiculous with what I've come up?

The problem I have with Barca and a part of our fanbase these days is how they want to tag every talented player with being overrated and then stay quiet when Barca go out and buy trash instead. Just being idiots.

We're a few decent Murillo performances away from not getting a de Ligt, Upamecano or anything like that and instead wasting 25m on a CB that's bounced from club to club and has no business starting for this team.
We're in a unique position. Can only count on 2 performing CBs. One of them being (one of) the main reason for our defensive struggle. Having a clause in Murillo's contact is a good - as the name says - option.

Don't think he's considered as a longterm starter, at all. Unless he proves he's capable of succeeding Pique, which is highly unlikely.

khaled_a_d

Am I the only one not hyped about de Light or de Jong?

They are high risk high reward players, they are really hyped and expensive. If they join and with our media and fan base there is no middle ground for them, either success or failure (and a move to Everton in couple of years if it is the latter)
I very well understand the club for looking for alternatives, with those prices and competition we can't be hellbent on getting them

Denis was proving himself on regular basis in Europa league two seasons in row, playing against tougher teams and he was rumored to have 20M interest from Arsenal and Napoli. That was 1 year before market inflation
I don't think it is really that absurd to think Alena would have been a very priced player if he was in another setting.

He (Gaudi) actually said overhyped, which is certainly true. With teams and media all over those guys they are getting way overhyped. They didn't prove they are worth that hype "yet"
And even JL has a point, some people here are getting mad once there is any suggestion that we might not get for any of them. There is plenty of those posts

D10S_JC

It's normal people are not hyped about them. We're used to watch Pique and Busquets played, and they are very less likely to surpass our current players in the future.

Last edited:

Gaudi

I will try to watch our B team more for honest comparison but I'm not sure many here follow Ajax against Zwole, Venlo and similar…

Now, another thing: should we have a better scouting team then? I mean, maybe ajax wouldn't wanted to sell earlier, after all it is not some random club, but now - now we don't need scouts, professional newspapper readers would suffice, now everyone wants them and knows about them and Ajax should be like our "soul" club.

Messigician

Neymar desperately trying to engineer a move back to Barcelona

Neymar's international team-mate,*who himself made a*€40 million move from Gremio*in the summer, is hoping to one day see him return to the Camp Nou.*

"I personally am praying for him to come because he is a superstar, it is indisputable," Arthur told*Mundo Deportivo.

"I think that the more great players the team has, the better."

The 22-year-old has also revealed that, more than just praying, he is also doing work behind the scenes to convince Neymar*that he should move back to Catalonia.*

"Personally, I'm doing a lot of work to get him back, but he has his life, he knows what he's doing and I do not know how deep those negotiations are, if there are options for him to come or not.

"But he is a personal friend and a professional that I admire a lot and would be very happy if he could come back here."

ebieymjunior

How would you like if Barca did this?

IN: de Ligt + de Jong (around 150m), Mbappé (swap for Coutinho and Rakitic), Arnáiz (buyback option), Cucurella (from loan), Wagué (promotion)
OUT: Vermaelen, Palencia, Samper, Rakitic (swap for Mbappé), Gomes, Rafinha, Denis, Coutinho (swap for Mbappé), Munir

GK: MAtS, Cillessen
D: Semedo, Wagué - Piqué, de Ligt - Umtiti, Lenglet - Alba, Cucurella
M: de Jong, Roberto - Busquets, Vidal - Arthur, Aleña
A: Mbappé, Malcom - Messi, Suárez - Dembélé, Arnáiz

22 players with much needed time for B players

Givenchy

How would you like if Barca did this?

IN: de Ligt + de Jong (around 150m), Mbappé (swap for Coutinho and Rakitic), Arnáiz (buyback option), Cucurella (from loan), Wagué (promotion)
OUT: Vermaelen, Palencia, Samper, Rakitic (swap for Mbappé), Gomes, Rafinha, Denis, Coutinho (swap for Mbappé), Munir

GK: MAtS, Cillessen
D: Semedo, Wagué - Piqué, de Ligt - Umtiti, Lenglet - Alba, Cucurella
M: de Jong, Roberto - Busquets, Vidal - Arthur, Aleña
A: Mbappé, Malcom - Messi, Suárez - Dembélé, Arnáiz

22 players with much needed time for B players

how would i like that? i'd be over the moon but.. why exactly would PSG give us Mbappe for Coutinho and especially Raki? they'd sooner sell Neymar. by the next WC with Messi and Ronaldo slowing down, Mbappe will probably be the most marketable player on the planet

de Ligt and Frankie would be good enough for me. 1 more season for Suarez and Dembele getting better and better

Home of Barca Fans