Barca Transfers and Rumors

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Just the thought of Cillessen starting a meaningful game for Barca makes me shudder. I'd rather play Masip than him.

But why? Have you seen him play often? Any particular matches of him that made you shudder? I don't really understand why a lot of people are so negative about this potential transfer.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Valencia owner Peter Lim is willing to sell Alcacer to Barca. The forward also wants to leave. Fans outrage is holding back the deal. [SD]

Chong Li

But why? Have you seen him play often? Any particular matches of him that made you shudder? I don't really understand why a lot of people are so negative about this potential transfer.

Just 2 days ago against Rostov. A good keeper would have stopped that freekick.

Maybe I'm exaggerating, but I really think he's not good enough. A massive downgrade from Bravo.

SirXavi

The Engineer
But what if the president and the board are the clubs fans. *insert mind blown gif 'cuz I'm too fucken lazy*

I got you bro

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Just 2 days ago against Rostov. A good keeper would have stopped that freekick.

Maybe I'm exaggerating, but I really think he's not good enough. A massive downgrade from Bravo.

Letting in that free kick was woeful indeed, and he has made more mistakes as of late too. But I can assure you that he's usually a lot better than that. Any good keeper can have a bad match, or even several. Ter Stegen has had some as well, as has any keeper.

Hassanova

Cillessen is a very bad keeper. He is oké for the dutch league but not good for the international level. He has made a lot of mistakes snd he hasnt been better since the world cup 2014. The fact is that he has been worst. In Holland they are laughing right now that barca wants to buy him for 12 mil. Im from the netherlands. People that are saying hè is good are dutch people who Just wants to see a dutch player playong for barca.

Barca don't buy him

Raketa10

He is more than ok for 2nd option. We have one fantastic keeper Mats, so Jasper will only play copa del rei and he is more than ok for that! There isn't any team in the world who has 2 fantastic keepers except Barca and the result is both of them are dissatisfied. If we buy Alves we will again have problem since Mats needs to play la liga and CL this season. I sincerely doubt Alves will be ok with just copa games.

Last edited:

Guaporta

Well, I'm Dutch as well and that's simply not true [MENTION=8836]Hassanova[/MENTION]. Jasper Cillessen has been the best goalkeeper in the Eredivisie for years and his recent poor form doesn't change that. Sure, the WC 2014 was the highlight of his career and he hasn't really improved after that. And sure, his penalty-stopping record is very poor. But he's not as bad as you make him out to be. If he returns to his normal level he's a decent back-up for Ter Stegen. He's not that bad. Sure I'd prever Diego Alves and Pepe Reina over him. Hell, most of us would. But Cillessen wouldn't be the end of the world.

Since I'm Dutch and I've followed him (and Ajax) for the last decade, I think I can shed some light on his performances over the last few years. Before he moved to Ajax from NEC, he was considered one of the better goalkeeping talents and was Ajax' second goalkeeper for quite a long time. But after Vermeer transferred to rivals Feyenoord, he really stepped up his game and has been the goalkeeper for the Dutch national squad for a reason. His ball distribution is quite good, can handle pressure from the opponent quite well and performed consistently up until the start of this season. The main reason why most people don't like him is that he's been very poor this season and nearly was responsable for Ajax' knock-out in de Champions League against PAOK. He's trying to play sweeper keeper, but makes a lot of mistakes in his positioning when his trying to intercept the ball out of his area. Besides that, his penalty-record is simply awful; he has never stopped a penalty kick in his entire professional career! So in conclusion; don't expect a world class goalkeeper, but he's a decent back-up for Ter Stegen. Would Diego Alves be better? Hell yes. Would Reina be better? Sure. But is he as awful as some people make him out to be? No. He's decent.

I posted this ten minutes ago in the 'Jasper Cillessen' thread, feel this might help in our discussion.

F

Flavia

Honestly, I hope Robert stalls as much as possible, and then our faxes fail at deadline, and Bravo stays, like DDG last season.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Someone should just park a jammer truck outside of our facilities in Barcelona so that we won't sell Bravo and won't send Munir out on loan/buy with buy-back options and buy the likes of Cillessen and Luan and call it a transfer window already.

Guaporta

Luis Enrique doesn't want Claudio Bravo (33) to leave the club as he is not convinced by any of the potential replacements. [Sport] #fcblive

Well, hopefully Lucho stops the Bravo-transfer and keeps him at the club. If Diego Alves or Reina aren't available, we should just keep Bravo. We can afford to turn down Manchester City.

Home of Barca Fans