Barca Transfers and Rumors

Barcilliant

Bentekeis going for 32 million POUNDS to Palace. Imo someone like Bravo should be worth at least 40 million in today's market.

And for heaven's sake just sign Alves and get our transfer business over and done with. Back up forwards Arda and Munir.

Andrew M

Bentekeis going for 32 million POUNDS to Palace. Imo someone like Bravo should be worth at least 40 million in today's market.

And for heaven's sake just sign Alves and get our transfer business over and done with. Back up forwards Arda and Munir.

Palace just sold Bolasie to Everton for the same amount. So they just reinvested that back into the team.

Honestly, 40 million for a 33 year GK? He's not worth that.

Guaporta

What's the latest news on Gabigol? It has been pretty silent around him; could he be our fourth attacker? Mauro Icardi is staying at Internazionale, so he's not an option for them anymore. And Juve have strengthened their attack already. We know that Sanllehí is in Brazil; hopefully it's for Gabigol and not Luan.

Xavinho

But why? Have you seen him play often? Any particular matches of him that made you shudder? I don't really understand why a lot of people are so negative about this potential transfer.

I think it's just the usual polemic levelled at any potential signing on here. You'll pretty much always have at least one poster saying something like, "Why are we linked to him? He's awful. Our board are idiots!".

Everybody seems gutted about losing Claudio Bravo now, but take a look at the opinions on the first few pages of Bravo's thread:

Is he better than Masip? Because from what I've read here, he's pretty meh.

He's garbage. First mistep for Lucho..

If this is true, EVERYONE surrounding the club is inept to say the least. The opposition has done JACK SHIT to hinder this board that ruins the club bit by bit, and I hold them partly responsible for all that has happened the past few years with the last 1,5 years in particular. For just 1-2M more you can get Keylor Navas, best GK last season.

If this is true, and it seems to be the case, I don't know what will help get us rid of this board. 2016, another great campaign via Mundo Deportivo and the local socios all vote like gullible idiots for another term. Mark my words, we have yet to see the absolute worst.

i've never focused on him but i a STRONGLY believe his shit.

But what if ter Stegen flops or struggles early on? Then what? Rely on Bravo for the rest of the season...no thanks. Besides Lucho said there would be competition, bringing in Bravo means ter Stegen is the starter from day 1

Caballero is older than Bravo, and a much better keeper.

Our board are so stupid.

Barcelona have absolutely no excuse paying that kind of money for Bravo who is neither young, nor particularly good.

I won't believe he will cost € 10M until it happens. I just can't imagine they would pay as much for a 31 year old non elite backup as they did for one of the most promising youngstars in the world.

If we bought Bravo now for 15M and tried to sell him away next summer, we'd get like 2M max for him..

9M for an average goalkeeper .. :lol: :lol: Well done Zubi.

Bravo is a bad choice. he's not good enough to be #1 for Barça.

I'm going to flip if we're going to pay more than 5M euros for him.

F

Flavia

Bravo stepped up his game for Barça. His last season with Sociedad was really poor. And it's the same with MAtS today. Many here still think he's bad or that he'll be a flop, even after him being good without continuity.

Nucky

If we gonna lose TOP 3 kepper in La Liga at least we will get twice as much as we payed for him 2 years ago.. I do hope Cillessen isn't really Bravo's replacment.. Diego Alves is much better, used to La Liga..

serghei

Bravo stepped up his game for Barça. His last season with Sociedad was really poor. And it's the same with MAtS today. Many here still think he's bad or that he'll be a flop, even after him being good without continuity.

True. He stepped up his game. But not from poor to world class in less than a year, that's just not possible. But from good to world class. Just because he had a poor season doesn't mean he was a bad keeper to begin with. His games at Barcelona just confirmed he was good and made him even better in my opinion.

If people start to show the same approach to Cillessen saying he's the shittiest of shitty GKs (which is way over the top of course), he might pull a Bravo as well. Isn't it better to trust him and criticize him when or if it's the case? Especially since I'm pretty sure most people here, me included, didn't watch him a lot?

Last edited:
F

Flavia

True. He stepped up his game. But not from poor to world class in less than a year, that's just not possible. But from good to world class. Just because he had a poor season doesn't mean he was a bad keeper to begin with. His games at Barcelona just confirmed he was good and made him even better in my opinion.

I don't see where I said he went from poor to wc. He never exactly shone for Sociedad either. He went from ok to great, not sure if wc. I don't think mats is wc either, this term is used too loosely these days. Guess each person has a different definition.

serghei

I don't see where I said he went from poor to wc. He never exactly shone for Sociedad either. He went from ok to great, not sure if wc. I don't think mats is wc either, this term is used too loosely these days. Guess each person has a different definition.

I didn't say you said that, but it was the majoritar opinion at the time that Bravo was an average, many said even poor, goalkeeper, and it just wasn't true. That's all. Bravo has a great goalkeeping ability. Many times he underperformed at Sociedad, but it's understandable, he was at a club where he wasn't exactly fighting for anything, just a 6-10 team in La Liga which was good enough to be comfortably safe from relegation places and never strong enough to challege for the top spots. Hard to give your best when you're not challenged by the team to be better and better each season.

I'm not sure what Bravo needs to do to be world class. Won every competition he played in with Barca and Chile in the last 2 years, putting in world class performances and amazing saves left and right in some key games. But OK, you're right, it depends on taste after all.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Can't really say Claudio isn't world class. He's a very dependable goalie and in any 1 vs 1 situation I'd put my money on him. He rarely has and brainfarts, for us atleast.

I just hope the fucker stays if the replacement is fucking Casper Cillessen who has never saved a penalty... I'd be more okay with selling Bravo and promoting Masip to be our 2nd goalkeeper and using Jose Suarez as 3rd option than Cillessen.

But tbf, there isn't a goalie out there I'd be okay with replacing Bravo, as there really are none who can. Diego Alves used to be one of the best in La Liga but if he brings his recent injuries with him than he's completley useless.

The alternative, Cillessen, is not an option even worth considering imo.. yes he's the 1st choice gk for NL, but NL didn't even qualify for the Euros. And NL doesn't really have any capable goalies beside him.

Who are the other alternatives? Rico - having a bad spell atm imo and his distribution in super cup seemed god awful. Hart - :lol: .

Maybe I'm spoiled with having a goalkeeper duo of Bravo and Her Stegen but it doesn't mean we have to go back to the Victor Valdes - Pinto days. Goalkeepers also need competition and this is exactly the reason why Bravo is so good and Marc has improved a lot. Probably even Masip has evolved a lot more than we'd have hoped for.

Hugo Lloris and DDG would be decent enough replacements but Her Stegen will probably declare a war against me and the board if this ever happens :lol:

F

Flavia

I didn't say you said that, but it was the majoritar opinion at the time that Bravo was an average, many said even poor, goalkeeper, and it just wasn't true. That's all. Bravo has a great goalkeeping ability. Many times he underperformed at Sociedad, but it's understandable, he was at a club where he wasn't exactly fighting for anything, just a 6-10 team in La Liga which was good enough to be comfortably safe from relegation places and never strong enough to challege for the top spots. Hard to give your best when you're not challenged by the team to be better and better each season.

I'm not sure what Bravo needs to do to be world class. Won every competition he played in with Barca and Chile in the last 2 years, putting in world class performances and amazing saves left and right in some key games. But OK, you're right, it depends on taste after all.

His weakness with aerial balls and his near post are what makes me not consider him wc. From the current top gks, just Buffon and Neuer make that cut for me. It doesn't mean Bravo isn't reliable or a great and solid gk.

Goalkeepers also need competition and this is exactly the reason why Bravo is so good and Marc has improved a lot. Probably even Masip has evolved a lot more than we'd have hoped for.

They need stability way more than competition.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
His weakness with aerial balls and his near post are what makes me not consider him wc. From the current top gks, just Buffon and Neuer make that cut for me. It doesn't mean Bravo isn't reliable or a great and solid gk.

They need stability way more than competition.

Soo... a stable competition? :pep:

Home of Barca Fans