Alexander Hleb

mmandela

Sueco estrella
I agree with Michael on this one! Sure, he is a good player, or was, but he doesn't fit our game... He doesn't fit Barca.
Unless he showes some big improvements in what's left of the season I see no use in keeping him.
In a big club like Barca you can not keep a player for what he has done in another team or for what he is capable of. He must make a contribution to the game...

He does not.

maz

I walk the line
I've seen Hleb play on the right many times in Arsenal. That is probably why we bought him in the first place, because he can play in the centre - but also go out on the flanks and then cut in, just what we want our wingers to do (and he can play almost equally good with both his feet!). Our intention was probably also to rotate him with the midfielders. He is a fast dribbler that can go for goal but also set up goals with good passing skills. But something has gone horribly wrong and thats why Pep don't pick him for the squad.
And yes maz, I know how good he was for Arsenal and Stuttgart - but it's 2009 and we're in Barcelona. And I don't doubt that he can be a good player for some other team. But the guy was expensive and he has not performed even 50% of what I know he is capable of (and don't give me that right wing argument again). If we won't get another quality midfielder in the summer transfer like for example Xabi Alonso or Fabregas, we could keep him and maybe he adapts and starts to play phenomenally for us. And yes, then all Hleb-haters will forget about this season and you could say "I told you so" and rub it in really good.
This post i agree with. It was your other post a few pages back that i disagreed with. Im not trying to convince anyone the team needs hleb. I just think its fair on him to be labelled as crap because of an unfortunate set ot circumstances.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I just don`t see him as intelligent player. He has the skills but majority of his moves amount to nothing (pretty much what Arsenal is all about).
Besides, he keeps the ball to long and slows our tempo.

nebeer

Love is All
I think all Hleb needs now is a little bit of assurance and faith shown in him. I believe in his qualities and I think next season he would be much better. Don't forget who are the players he is up against at Barca for a first team spot. Even a legend like Henry took his time to find his tune. See how much better Henry is from his first season. In my opinion, we should keep Hleb. We have been playing almost 3 games a week lately, we would need him and we can use him well. But most of all, we must believe in him.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
ehh.. I had too much faith in him in the beginning of the season. Bojan would remember.

mmandela

Sueco estrella
Me too, I kept on defending him and saying he willo prove to be good when he get's the chance... no I was wrong, he has got many chances and he is the worst player in our team... I'd prefer Pedro got the chance to play instead of him...

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
QM3D3133.jpg

I love this pic.

It looks like he is explaining to Guddy: "Defensar, Attacant, es passar, ... on the bench" It could easily be a frame out of a comic book.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Hleb doesn't look like a football player. He looks more like a farmer (no offence to anybody who is a farmer in this forum).

IraqiCulé

Hleb doesn't look like a football player. He looks more like a farmer (no offence to anybody who is a farmer in this forum).
LOL, how do you come up to that conclusion?

Anyway, that Barca training kit Hleb is wearing is very cool.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
LOL, how do you come up to that conclusion?

Anyway, that Barca training kit Hleb is wearing is very cool.

No, it's just that I'm born in Poland and Hleb has this typical Eastern European look :lol: And many people in those countries are farmers :lol:
I'm just making it worse don't I? I should have just answered "no comment".

Home of Barca Fans