Alexander Hleb

Evil

Shabazz
He lost the ball everytime he touched it, passes were'nt good either, I can't think of anything good he did today. Iniesta has been shifted from midfield to the wing and he's doing just as well if not even better. Hleb has been played in the right wing ever since he joined .. so I can't see why he hasn't adapted yet, not even signs of improvement ..

maz

I walk the line
There is no point keeping him. Pep wont play him in the middle, and he cant play on the right. Sell sell sell

BobbieBlaugrana

Can someone tell me WHY Pep went all hell-for-leather acquiring this guy? He's awful!! Please, someone enlighten me, because I think I'm just being mean...but he is SOOOO BAAAAAAD!!! :smiley_scared:

Evil

Shabazz
Damn I wish we got Hernanes instead of Hleb, sure Hernanes can't play out wide, but he is a decent young attacking midfielder who would have added alot to our game.

mmandela

Sueco estrella
Hleb out! Trying to stay patient with him but he never improves... he has been crap in Barca so far

maz

I walk the line
Come on, its unfair to critisise him! Its whoever signed him who is to take the blame.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He simply isn`t good enough to play for Barca. I`m sure he`s a lovely character and tries hard but that wasn`t an issue anyway

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Poor Hleb if he reads this forum. But he's sooooooo crap. OMG, he lost the ball every time somebody just touched him a little on the shoulder. Didn't he come from a league that's supposed to be more physical? I feel sorry for the team that buys him, its like selling something that you know is bad and you feel guilt. I don't know what Txiki means when he says we wont sell or buy any players when we obviously need a worldclass midfielder or left winger (if we get a midfielder we can put Iniesta on the left), and we must sell Hleb!!!

maz

I walk the line
He was very important for arsenal..his passing was inch perfect.

To say hleb is anything remotely close to crap implies u dont watch the epl.

Segarra

I think you're being a little too hard on him now. First of all he is not a bad player even though he hasn't succeeded in Barca (yet). He was great in Arsenal, and he has showed great technique and occasionally good passing. Henry wasn't very good at the beginning either, was he?
"I feel sorry for the team that buys him, its like selling something that you know is bad and you feel guilt." - I just have to ask about this.. Do you really think that just because he isn't great here, that means he will suck everywhere? We all know he can be great.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

Yeah, I know. But I was talking about what he has achieved at Barca. And judging from that, he's been awful. It's not just the issue that he has to play on the wing most of the time, but he can't get a simple pass right and he loses the ball if somebody just touches him. And that's bad for our system in Barca that lives on that we can hold on to the ball and have the best passing in the world. We can't afford to lose the ball with our offensive 4-3-3 system when we only have 3 defenders left on our half of the pitch with Alves playing somewhere on the right wing/striker. And how can his passing get worse when playing as a winger when he's used to play centrally? If it would be the other way around I could maybe begin to understand.

Last edited:

Evil

Shabazz

Who cares what he did in EPL, we need him to perform for our team, and I think it´s fair to say he´s had enough chances to play but he´s only going from bad to worse with each match, true he´s being played out of position, but I think he should have improved a bit during the past 6 months, Iniesta is being played in soo many positions, so is Puyol. I´m definatley not expecting Messi performances for him or anything, but there is basically no sign of improvement, and our midfield is quite packed so I doubt he will be getting a chance there.

Segarra

It's still early and I still have faith in him. Hopefully he just has to get more used to our style of playing.

Home of Barca Fans