11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

FC433

Mores? Are you serious? Dortmund doesn't give you players cheap, so they are evil? Are you this entitled that you think Barca can just go around, randomly agree personal terms with anyone they want and then expect their clubs to let you tap them up on the cheap?

Sure.

Julien

it's almost always end up with the club trying to facilitate an exit because it's in their interest to sell a player rather than keeping him while he's unhappy. Dortmund can get a lot of money here, but they want to milk Barca to the maximum.
BBZ asked me the other day to name players that asked to be transferred but were blocked by their club, and I admit they are not numerous.

Actually 2 cases came to mind at that time.

- Verratti. PSG is PSG, they don't sell their best players that still have a long contract (4 years in his case). That said, main reason Verratti wanted to leave is that he was sure PSG were incapable of recruiting world class player, then he's been told that Neymar would arraive, and we know the rest of the story...

- De Gea. One of the cases that go against what you said. Manchester didn't facilitate anything. They did all they can to make the situation as bad as possible. If you remember, De Gea wasn't even on the bench during pre season, it was like he was punished. Then they just played the waiting game with Real, and used that awful fax tactic to say "oh we tried but we were 10 second late lulz".

Just to say, I doubt Dortmund has the balls to do what PSG, and Manchester did. Manchester suffered from Ronaldo's loss, and since, they real hard to deal with. PSG is PSG, and I hope we won't ever again try to get a player from them, it's a waste of time.

As you said, if Dortmund really refused to sell Dembele, they would have pulled a PSG. They would not even reply to phone call. Remember, early this summer, catalan medias said Bartomeu even tried to go to Paris to talk directly to Nasser, and Parisian medias reported PSG people didn't even let any barca people talk with them. That's how you refuse things I guess. No discussions, and no doubt about what you want.

Dortmund did not do that. It means they are open to negociations.

I defended them 2 days ago, but now asking 150m feels just like trying to rob Barca. Dembele is not worth that much.

That said, that's also Barca's fault, let's be honest. Neymar having a release clause too low. Bartomeu not reacting when he was told Neymar was acting strange. Etc. In the end, we can't just accuse others. Barca put itself in a difficult position, not because of others, but because of a mismanaged board.

Last edited:

puri

What's the updates?

As far as I know there is now new offer, either Barca is still deliberating or want to put pressure on Dortmund through dembele or they're waiting since Dortmund has their first real game of the season in the Cup. I think there will be a development either tomorrow or monday if Dembele turns up at Training or if he doesn't turn up which would've really bad repurcussions for him as fas I know Watzke.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If I'm not wrong, didn't Real Madrid fuck up the transfer registration of DDG? And I believe Man Utd tried to get Keylor Navas going the other way, but Madrid also then took too much time. Could be wrong though. That said, the fax saga was entertaining for sure lol [MENTION=22245]Julien[/MENTION]

And yeah, this whole situation is on the board and management. Should have called Neymar Sr's bluff and went in for Dembele right away.

Yannik

BBZ asked me the other day to name players that asked to be transferred but were blocked by their club, and I admit they are not numerous.

Actually 2 cases came to mind at that time.

- Verratti. PSG is PSG, they don't sell their best players that still have a long contract (4 years in his case). That said, main reason Verratti wanted to leave is that he was sure PSG were incapable of recruiting world class player, then he's been told that Neymar would arraive, and we know the rest of the story...

- De Gea. One of the cases that go against what you said. Manchester didn't facilitate anything. They did all they can to make the situation as bad as possible. If you remember, De Gea wasn't even on the bench during pre season, it was like he was punished. Then they just played the waiting game with Real, and used that awful fax tactic to say "oh we tried but we were 10 second late lulz".

Just to say, I doubt Dortmund has the balls to do what PSG, and Manchester did. Manchester suffered from Ronaldo's loss, and since, they real hard to deal with. PSG is PSG, and I hope we won't ever again try to get a player from them, it's a waste of time.

As you said, if Dortmund really refused to sell Dembele, they would have pulled a PSG. They would not even reply to phone call. Remember, early this summer, catalan medias said Bartomeu even tried to go to Paris to talk directly to Nasser, and Parisian medias reported PSG people didn't even let any barca people enter their building. That's how you refuse things I guess. No discussions, and no doubt about what you want.

Dortmund did not do that. It means they are open to negociations.

I defended them 2 days ago, but now asking 150m feels just like trying to rob Barca. Dembele is not worth that much.

That said, that's also Barca's fault, let's be honest. Neymar having a release clause to low. Bartomeu not reacting when he was told Neymar was acting strange. Etc. In the end, we can't just accuse others. Barca put itself in a difficult position, not because of others, but because of a mismanaged board.

In 2009 (?) Ribery asked Bayern for a sale to Real Madrid. Bayern refused and there were weeks of drama. Eventually he stayed.
Hoeness later recalled to this moment as "the moment we stopped being a selling club".

Suarez is also an example.

And Naby Keita looks to be yet another.

While we're at Liveprool: also soon Virgil Van Dijk.

Last edited:

Julien

If I'm not wrong, didn't Real Madrid fuck up the transfer registration of DDG? And I believe Man Utd tried to get Keylor Navas going the other way, but Madrid also then took too much time. Could be wrong though. That said, the fax saga was entertaining for sure lol [MENTION=22245]Julien[/MENTION]

And yeah, this whole situation is on the board and management. Should have called Neymar Sr's bluff and went in for Dembele right away.
I was in France when it happened, and Frederic Hermel (a french journalist based in Madrid) was all angry about Manchester, and De Gea lol

They clearly said Manchester just sent the fax too late. The deal was to exchange Goalkeeper. Navas was going to Manchester, and De Gea to Madrid. Hermel even said that Navas had his stuffs ready, and he was ready to take a plane to Manchester.

But in the end, Manchester never wanted to sell De Gea, and went against the player wishes. If I recall it correctly, De Gea then had to sign a contract extension to start playing again.

In short, Manchester won this battle. They managed to get away from Real aggression, and they didn't have to deal with De Gea boycott since 1/ they put him asides anyways till this was finished, 2/ they made him think they would sell him in the end, so he didn't do anything thinking he would be able to leave.

I don't know who at Manchester managed to do that, but while you really have to be a prick to pull that off, I must say, well played.

xxxxxx

I know he's their player and all, but I don't get how they can ask for that much for him.

Be funny if he stays and he has a shit season and goes for like 40m next season.

Garrus

In 2009 (?) Ribery asked Bayern for a sale to Real Madrid. Bayern refused and there were weeks of drama. Eventually he stayed.
Hoeness later recalled to this moment as "the moment we stopped being a selling club".

Suarez is also an example.

And Naby Keita looks to be yet another.

While we're at Liveprool: also soon Virgil Van Dijk.
Suarez stayed because steven gerrard convinced him it's better to stay and wait for an offer from barca or real than to go to a team like arsenal, It wasn't liverpool that stopped him, Even suarez after he signed with us thanked gerrard for convincing to wait for barca.

You do know, You're just validating what everyone is trying to say all along, That most players that push hard For transfers, Their clubs bend in, And let the player go.
Out of only god knows how many players that had pushed hard for a transfers in the last 8 years, You only being able to cite just two real occasions of an actual very hard push eventually failing (Ribery and de gea), Just illustrates our point, That the majority do succeed, This is math at it's most basic form.

It's like someone saying polar ice caps won't melt, Because he found one or two scientific papers that says it won't, In the midst hundreds of papers that says they will.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
We are about to waste 40M on freaking Paulinho. Who the fuck cares if we overpay for Dembele? Just get it done.

Yannik

Suarez stayed because steven gerrard convinced him it's better to stay and wait for an offer from barca or real than to go to a team like arsenal, It wasn't liverpool that stopped him, Even suarez after he signed with us thanked gerrard for convincing to wait for barca.

You do know, You're just validating what everyone is trying to say all along, That most players that push hard For transfers, Their clubs bend in, And let the player go.
Out of only god knows how many players that had pushed hard for a transfers in the last 8 years, You only being able to cite just two real occasions of an actual very hard push eventually failing (Ribery and de gea), Just illustrates our point, That the majority do succeed, This is math at it's most basic form.

It's like someone saying polar ice caps won't melt, Because he found one or two scientific papers that says it won't, In the midst hundreds of papers that says they will.

I'm actually saying that staying is an actual option. And Keita and Van Dijk seem to be 2 more examples to that. And Verratti of course. Everyone always predicts that you can't keep a player against his will, turns out that actually happens at times. And we are just talking about the famous examples, my club has done that aswell once as I can recall.

Last edited:

GetIn

[tw]896360273933733889[/tw]

I'm so tired of this shit, I'd give them the full 222m or (182m due to Fallinho) just to give us a shot to salvage this season.

Home of Barca Fans