11/12 Lliga: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 1-3

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Since Asexis' injury against sociedad he avoids going 1v1.
208wgp5.gif

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Biggest issue I can see from rewatching the Supercopa tie in August was the high pressure from RM and being able to play it out of the back...Pep likes building the attacks from the back and Barça struggled with that high pressure, even over 2 legs...When they ultimately were on the ball, they had no issues slicing apart RM, when they didn't they were vulnerable...Can the 3-4-3 work, now?...Or is it just too early for that as Pep has suggested?

Just know, Barça has to get it out of the back quickly - can't allow themselves to be closed down

Pedro, btw, was a significant contributor with that quickness of his...Gave Coentrao fits too

You can see the defensive discipline of Mou in the way they pressured in triangles....One high player pressures the ball, two on the flank pressure/anticipate the 2 outlets of Barça's triangular pass & movement...and they almost always come through the tackle

Last edited:
P

PhilS

So, based on the squad for the CL game, I think that our line up for the clasico is pretty clear:

----------Valdes---------
Alves-Pique-Mascherano-Abidal
----------Busquets-----------
---Iniesta---------Xavi
Alexis-----Messi------Villa

Somehow I have a feeling that Pep will adjust his formation & tactics so that Cesc can play... Nothing wrong with Cesc playing since his form is good and he is scoring goals, but him starting would most probably result in that we play 3-4-3 or that one of Alexis or Villa has to start from the bench. Villa has been there for us when we needed him the most in the big games and Sanchez is also playing very good, so it doesent actually make sense to leave them out because of Cesc...

In the 2nd half, if one of Villa and Alexis arent playing that good, Cesc can come in for one of them. Pedro will also most probably get some time.

Pep can do whatever he thinks is the best, but please oh please just dont play Keita ._.

edit: In case of 3-4-3 & Cesc playing, maybe one of the back 4 will be starting from the bench instead of Villa. Most probably Mascherano in that case, and that aint good either.......

Pep will not start 3-4-3 vs. RM, but could switch to it if RM sits way back. What to do with Cesc is the big question, based on his form he should start, but he is not really a forward, and Xavi and Iniesta are the RM killers. I see Cesc as first sub in this one, if any of Villa, Alexis, Iniesta or Xavi are not at their best Cesc will come in early, or if Barca goes behind.

M

mujtaba147

More than 70-75% of ball possession+quick passes will tire Madrid up then score goals....LOL

Maria

More than 70-75% of ball possession+quick passes will tire Madrid up then score goals....LOL

I don't think that we will have more than 65% possesion..and I believe they are in a better shape physicallly than us. The key is to make it past the first 30', when RM will probably put more pressure on us(just like in the Supercup or in the CdR final).

Last edited:

tikitaka

Shit!!im gonna miss the game, i start work at 4.. :( why no more games on sundays i havent seen a single barca's game and now going to miss el clasico..

VenusA

No Puyol - Pique - Busquets - Pedro/Villa?? .. Keita and Cuenca in the XI

Cuenca to start in a Clasico and Keita over Busquets

puyol not good in 3-4-3 he play in milan game cause alvis not available
pique either didnt play the most important games,,, 4 example (milan),,,, and i think maschirano better than him
pep use keita in milan game ,,,,, keita play very well against them and he always play good in classico

for me right now ,,,, counca and alexis better than villa and pedro

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

I really can see why Madrid are getting so much praise lately. People are over our side and want a new team to emerge, but my opinion is that we are still miles ahead of them as a whole and we will see the gap on Saturday... again. We have to maintain shape and keep them from exploding up the wings and catching us slipping at the back. This means Alves and Abidal will need to be prudent and careful at the back to provide cover for I'm guessing Masch and Pique. Busi will have his hands full more than any of our players in my opinion. He is the real workhorse and the guy who wins back balls like no one else. Messi will be on another level from everyone on the pitch if he takes it easy against BATE tomorrow. It should be interesting. I just want to see good football without the nasty stuff from Madrid and I'll be happy.

Home of Barca Fans