11/12 Lliga: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 1-3

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
I really can see why Madrid are getting so much praise lately. People are over our side and want a new team to emerge, but my opinion is that we are still miles ahead of them as a whole and we will see the gap on Saturday... again. We have to maintain shape and keep them from exploding up the wings and catching us slipping at the back. This means Alves and Abidal will need to be prudent and careful at the back to provide cover for I'm guessing Masch and Pique. Busi will have his hands full more than any of our players in my opinion. He is the real workhorse and the guy who wins back balls like no one else. Messi will be on another level from everyone on the pitch if he takes it easy against BATE tomorrow. It should be interesting. I just want to see good football without the nasty stuff from Madrid and I'll be happy.

Not players for players.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Shit!!im gonna miss the game, i start work at 4.. :( why no more games on sundays i havent seen a single barca's game and now going to miss el clasico..

I remember the away CL Classico I called in sick and the return game vs Arsenal I just left early for a 'dental appointment'...

Probably two of the best decisions I made the past year or so...

Pepe Silvia

Not players for players.
Messi > CR 3rd straight Balon D' Or in a row speaks for itself.
Villa = Higuain Higuain right now is a little more lethal than Villa but big games are what Villa lives for.
Pedro < Benz RIGHT NOW. However, in form Pedro has proven on the biggest stage that he can bury goals as good as the best of them.
Xavi > Xabi *cough*
Iniesta > Ozil The #10 for Madrid has been the key for their beautiful play this season imho. He is waaaay off from Iniesta still though.
Busquets > Khedira Busquets owns Khedira he is busier, Khedira is a lazy donkey, Busquets can pass as good as any, and winning balls back is where Busquets thrives.
Abidal > Everyone
Alves > Marcelo........... HAHAHA Marcelo
Pique = Carvalho right now but cmon Pique can outshine Carvalho with his eyes closed when on form (it has been a while I'll give you that)
Puyol or Mascherano > Ramos but right now that kid Ramos is tearing shit up tbqh... wait, so is Mascherano
Valdes = Iker I'll give you this tie simply because it is St. Iker. Let's be real though, the best goal keeper in Spain over the last 3 years has easily been Valdes. You know what? Fuck you.
Valdes > Iker

Barca Bench is sicker too: Cesc, Alexis, Thiago, Puyol

So that makes
Barcelona 8
Real Madrid 1
Ties 3

Barcelona owns

Manuel Traquete

Messi > CR 3rd straight Balon D' Or in a row speaks for itself.
Villa = Higuain Higuain right now is a little more lethal than Villa but big games are what Villa lives for.
Pedro < Benz RIGHT NOW. However, in form Pedro has proven on the biggest stage that he can bury goals as good as the best of them.
Xavi > Xabi *cough*
Iniesta > Ozil The #10 for Madrid has been the key for their beautiful play this season imho. He is waaaay off from Iniesta still though.
Busquets > Khedira Busquets owns Khedira he is busier, Khedira is a lazy donkey, Busquets can pass as good as any, and winning balls back is where Busquets thrives.
Abidal > Everyone
Alves > Marcelo........... HAHAHA Marcelo
Pique = Carvalho right now but cmon Pique can outshine Carvalho with his eyes closed when on form (it has been a while I'll give you that)
Puyol or Mascherano > Ramos but right now that kid Ramos is tearing shit up tbqh... wait, so is Mascherano
Valdes = Iker I'll give you this tie simply because it is St. Iker. Let's be real though, the best goal keeper in Spain over the last 3 years has easily been Valdes. You know what? Fuck you.
Valdes > Iker

Barca Bench is sicker too: Cesc, Alexis, Thiago, Puyol

So that makes
Barcelona 8
Real Madrid 1
Ties 3

Barcelona owns

A fairer comparison (given each player's actual position on the pitch) would be, trying to take current form into account:

Valdés < Casillas - I certainly have serious doubts about this one, but let's give it to Casillas.

Abidal = Marcelo - Marcelo is better offensively, Abidal is a rock defensively while Marcelo is a bit error prone.

Puyol/Mascherano = Ramos - Puyol is greater, but Ramos has been in awesome form lately.

Piqué = Pepe - normally would give to Piqué, but he hasn't been that great this season

Alves > Arbeloa

Busquets > Khedira

Xavi > Alonso

Iniesta > Ozil

Villa < Ronaldo

Sanchez < Di Maria

Messi > Higuain/Benzema

Real Madrid's only clear advantage is on the wings. Ronaldo is dangerous as ever, and Di Maria has turned into a superb player despite all his diving and an assist machine.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Is Mourinho brave enough to go for a win?

He can virtually kill of the league if they go nine points clear. If they do then they have a massive cushion to sit on.

The ref will be VITAL in this game. If we get a good ref Real will find it very hard to defend against us. The Copa win was really the ref letting them do all sorts of shit. It is vital that the ref clamps down on all the fouls RM commit.

Pepe Silvia

A fairer comparison (given each player's actual position on the pitch) would be, trying to take current form into account:

Valdés < Casillas - I certainly have serious doubts about this one, but let's give it to Casillas.

Abidal = Marcelo - Marcelo is better offensively, Abidal is a rock defensively while Marcelo is a bit error prone.

Puyol/Mascherano = Ramos - Puyol is greater, but Ramos has been in awesome form lately.

Piqué = Pepe - normally would give to Piqué, but he hasn't been that great this season

Alves > Arbeloa

Busquets > Khedira

Xavi > Alonso

Iniesta > Ozil

Villa < Ronaldo

Sanchez < Di Maria

Messi > Higuain/Benzema

Real Madrid's only clear advantage is on the wings. Ronaldo is dangerous as ever, and Di Maria has turned into a superb player despite all his diving and an assist machine.
Current form really means nothing for some of my picks though. David Villa for instance, played much better in the Champions League final and Clasico where he buried two goals against Casillas than in closeby League games. Form had nothing to do with Villa's brilliance in those matches, that is instinct. I'll give you this with my point considered

Villa = CR

Another thing Abidal = Marcelo??? No. Marcelo breaks everytime against us because he is a total girl. Abidal on the other hand always stays ice cold.

Otherwise, no big complaints with your picks.

L

LauraRMCF

Always funny when Cules bring up the ref...your 12th player on the pitch a lot of the time ;)

A ref that won't put up with any bullshit from either side will do...especially Busquets plus co.

Pepe Silvia

Nagging about refs must be a European or South American thing because in USA refs are never a big deal in conversations.

Manuel Traquete

Current form really means nothing for some of my picks though. David Villa for instance, played much better in the Champions League final and Clasico where he buried two goals against Casillas than in closeby League games. Form had nothing to do with Villa's brilliance in those matches, that is instinct. I'll give you this with my point considered

Villa = CR

Another thing Abidal = Marcelo??? No. Marcelo breaks everytime against us because he is a total girl. Abidal on the other hand always stays ice cold.

Otherwise, no big complaints with your picks.

Actually, Ronaldo > Villa had nothing to do with form and everything to do with the fact that Ronaldo is and has always been a better winger than Villa. Villa is not at his best in a wing-oriented role, while Cristiano thrives there.

But I guess his big match record might justify the =.

Fair enough on Abidal vs Marcelo :D

Pepe Silvia

Actually, Ronaldo > Villa had nothing to do with form and everything to do with the fact that Ronaldo is and has always been a better winger than Villa. Villa is not at his best in a wing-oriented role, while Cristiano thrives there.

But I guess his big match record might justify the =.

Fair enough on Abidal vs Marcelo :D
The big match record is what you want though!!! Forget the price tag and all the fancy penaldo goals he gets if all it gets him is a dinky cup to show for it. Villa's goals have helped to win TROPHIES - meaning he buries them when it counts (think Higuain). Give me the 35-45(?) million Villa with the Trophies anyday. But yeah, CR is.... smh

Barcilliant

Always funny when Cules bring up the ref...your 12th player on the pitch a lot of the time ;)

A ref that won't put up with any bullshit from either side will do...especially Busquets plus co.

HAHA! Piss off Madridsta. EVeryone knows how many penalties and favourable decisions you get from the ref. If there was any justice in the world guys like Pepe, Marcelo and Mourinho would be in fucking jail now.

Chainsaw

Killahead

Love your avatar dude. A Madridista bending over as usual. Though Busi can't even bare to watch which ugly ass he's doing.

Home of Barca Fans