11/12 Lliga: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 1-3

abual3bed1

Pep needs to go with a 3-4-3.
If its a 4-3-3, we'll be way too defensive.

3-4-3 > 4-3-3

ofcourse 4-3-3 is too defensive .. we only got to win over madrid 7 out of 11 times and got 12 out of 15 trophies with 4-3-3 .. it IS too defensive way to play ..

Last edited:

mittchan82

4-3-3 definitly. If it's not broken why fix it, right? I liked how Cuenca played so far. Right now Cuenca over Villa for me.

jairzinho

4-3-3 is our foundation formation, our baseline. Which is why i doubt that Pep will deviate from it for this game. It will be foolish of barca to approach the game with past successes in mind and not realise that this Madrid team is much stronger and prepared than ever before. Of course we will go to win, as always, but this time, in a more caution approach.

Birdy

I think the lineup and formation pep will go in the Classico are more than obvious for all the reasonable and not daydreaming members..
4-3-3 and only two questionmarks: puyol or mascherano? villa or pedro?
Judging from the latest events, injury records and pep's decisions regarding Levante and Bate game, i think he will go with masch and villa..
I wish he starts with pedro over villa though or at least introduce him at 46'... We really need both wingers decent in there...

PS: For the fanboys that have not noticed yet and keep fantacising about false 9 or diamonds: Cesc will not start guys!!! Wake up...
Maybe as a sub, very very late, if the game allows it..
Besides, it is a very logical decision..

sumo

4-3-3 is our foundation formation, our baseline. Which is why i doubt that Pep will deviate from it for this game. It will be foolish of barca to approach the game with past successes in mind and not realise that this Madrid team is much stronger and prepared than ever before. Of course we will go to win, as always, but this time, in a more caution approach.

That's the reason I think Pep won't go with the simple 4-3-3, and the reason why he's been experimenting so much this season. Teams have just been figuring out ways to counter Barca's dominance (obviously), and Real Madrid specifically have made huge strides in figuring out ways to stop Barca. So Pep understands that in order to have continued success Barca needs to evolve, and keep up.

It's like when he implemented Messi in the false nine role against ManU in the champions league final a few seasons ago. He's always thinking of new ways to keep the team winning.

Pedram123

What you fail to understand however, is teams figuring out ways to counter Barca's dominance has only limited relevance to Barca's formation, but more so to there style of play.

That's the reason I think Pep won't go with the simple 4-3-3, and the reason why he's been experimenting so much this season. Teams have just been figuring out ways to counter Barca's dominance (obviously), and Real Madrid specifically have made huge strides in figuring out ways to stop Barca. So Pep understands that in order to have continued success Barca needs to evolve, and keep up.

It's like when he implemented Messi in the false nine role against ManU in the champions league final a few seasons ago. He's always thinking of new ways to keep the team winning.

Zachary

Based on actual performance, I don't understand why so many are not giving Fabregas the starting spot and the credit that he deserves. So far this year, he has contributed to the team far more than Villa or Pedro could dream of. Cest has a far better view of the field and he has much better skills that allow him to mesh with Messi's because he feels at home playing at Messi's wavelength. To top all that off, Cest is Barca's second highest scorer, clearly indicating that, to his known midfielder skills, he adds the alternative of a great forward, as well.

As long as we have Xavi, Sergio and Don Andres shaping a solid midfield, the top three more skillful and effective forwards that we have to complement our 4-3-3 line up are Alexis-Messi-Cest. Keep starting those three there until they can play by memory and we'll see their great skills will become legendary.

Ohio Catalan

Putting Cesc at forward is like starting Tom Brady at wide receiver. He scores his goals by finding the space created from great forward play.

Maria

The problem with Cesc being the false 9 is the team's width..because that implies Messi playing on RW and we all know that he likes to cut inside and get involve in team's play. That's the main reason why Pep has introduced 3-4-3, with Cesc playing as a false 10 and Messi as a false 9. Because we can keep width and play Cesc and Messi at the same time.

Against RM Alexis is going to be very important because of his working ethic and his 1vs1 skills so the question remain if we should play Cesc or Villa. I would choose Villa and keep Cesc as an impact subb..we all saw in the CM final, Spanish Supercup and the European Supercup how good he is coming from the bench(unlike Villa for example).
So my line-up would be something like this:

VV-Dani, Masche, Pique/Puyol, Abidal-Xavi, Sergi, Iniesta-Alexis, Messi, Villa.

And then hope for the best. :barca scarf:

Last edited:
M

mitkoa7x

Since Asexis' injury against sociedad he avoids going 1v1.

Home of Barca Fans