Zlatan Ibrahimovic

khaled_a_d

I like him [LeBron James] a lot. He?s phenomenal, but I don?t like when people with a status speak about politics. Do what you?re good at doing."

Honestly, I am with Ibra on this.
He isn't telling Lebron to shut up, but voicing what he thinks what should be done.
Same thing was said by Steven Adams a few weeks earlier or JJ podcast.
Lebron is obviously free to not accept that too, just like people are free to call his hypocrisy on some stances.
One more thing, Ibra has earned the right to talk about anyone in Sports, like it or not he is a big sports icon and persona on big level. He doesn't have to be equal to Lebron to talk about him

Yannik

He isn't telling Lebron to shut up, but voicing what he thinks what should be done.

Eh? nah. Lebron actually voices regularly what he believes should be done and furthermore acting according to it.. Ibra is the one shoehorning the "shut up and do sports"-phrase towards him. Imo somewhat idiotic thing to say. Besides Lebron isn't your average midtable centerback. Ibras whole antics and attitude doesn't work quite as well when its directed to someone who is (literally) bigger than you.

Last edited:

Rassvet

Lebron is obviously free to not accept that too, just like people are free to call his hypocrisy on some stances.
One more thing, Ibra has earned the right to talk about anyone in Sports, like it or not he is a big sports icon and persona on big level. He doesn't have to be equal to Lebron to talk about him

A lot of celebs have become insufferable with their virtue signalling, but Lebron is a poor example to pick on because he has given back a lot and often faced backlash when speaking out. If Zlatan was talking about people like Clooney, Dicaprio, Ellen, and all those other hollywood elites, then Id mostly agree.

Morten

Obviously, though one would think he was THE footballer, going by the way he speaks about things.

Gnidrologist

Obviously, though one would think he was THE footballer, going by the way he speaks about things.
Isn't that the same arguments that Zlatan is criticized here for? That what you are doesn't merit you being forbidden to voice your thoughts.
Anyway, LJ is a dumb fuck. He's a dancing bear meant for peoples entertainment and be better off not speaking publicly about anything aside from hoopz ballz.

KingLeo10

Here comes the discount Latvian Hitler with the predictable take.

I like how LBJ can?t comment on anything aside from basketball but Gnido, a no namer in life, is an expert on politics, science, theology, and every other walk of life. Lol.

khaled_a_d

I like how LBJ can?t comment on anything aside from basketball but Gnido, a no namer in life, is an expert on politics, science, theology, and every other walk of life. Lol.

tbf, there is more in the argument that this.
Gnido, or any member here, does have an equal voice/influence to anyone in this forum, and every individual out there actually.

Sport/entertainment figures do have huge influence, and they talk about many topics they aren't really educated about and would be heard by zillions out there, many of whom are adolescents who aren't yet capable of differentiating about LBJ (or whoever) as basketballer, and a social activist, and the conflict of interest he will have about some topics, due to financial gain/loss he could have from those.

It is kind of a problem when sport figure can be more heard than people who have dedicated their lives to those fields (political scientist for example, or even some politician or social scientists)

Now, there is another side of the argument, that those folks have free speech rights too, and they can help to even promote those "unknown to the public" experts in those fields.
Both sides are valid, and both have some serious bad consequences too.

I mean let's remember when Stephen Jackson, among others, talked about Jews or when Charles Barkley said NBA player should get vaccinated first because they pay more taxes than regular people.
Even ESPN main guy SAS was cut immediately on air when he talked about Palestinian/Israeli conflict and no one blinked

I don't think Ibra , based on the quote I posted from Deutsche Welle, meant to tell Lebron to "shut up and dribble" but basically talking about his "own" preference of what athletes like him should do.
Lebron responding days later after his team found older quotes from Ibra isn't really owning him.

I would stand corrected if the full press of Ibra (or the question he was asked) has more to this than the quote I found.

Laplacian

tbf, there is more in the argument that this.
Gnido, or any member here, does have an equal voice/influence to anyone in this forum, and every individual out there actually.

Sport/entertainment figures do have huge influence, and they talk about many topics they aren't really educated about and would be heard by zillions out there, many of whom are adolescents who aren't yet capable of differentiating about LBJ (or whoever) as basketballer, and a social activist, and the conflict of interest he will have about some topics, due to financial gain/loss he could have from those.

It is kind of a problem when sport figure can be more heard than people who have dedicated their lives to those fields (political scientist for example, or even some politician or social scientists)

Now, there is another side of the argument, that those folks have free speech rights too, and they can help to even promote those "unknown to the public" experts in those fields.
Both sides are valid, and both have some serious bad consequences too.

I mean let's remember when Stephen Jackson, among others, talked about Jews or when Charles Barkley said NBA player should get vaccinated first because they pay more taxes than regular people.
Even ESPN main guy SAS was cut immediately on air when he talked about Palestinian/Israeli conflict and no one blinked

I don't think Ibra , based on the quote I posted from Deutsche Welle, meant to tell Lebron to "shut up and dribble" but basically talking about his "own" preference of what athletes like him should do.
Lebron responding days later after his team found older quotes from Ibra isn't really owning him.

I would stand corrected if the full press of Ibra (or the question he was asked) has more to this than the quote I found.

Cool story, but most of the time celebrities like Lebron aren't giving you information on subatomic particles, economic theory, or evolution; it's usually typical social activism that's at worst harmless and usually quite good to spread awareness about. Lebron was told to shut up because he was busy talking about popular social issues affecting the United States. Even if he's only doing it for the PR, even if he is a hypocrite (because he won't criticize China), he's still bringing awareness to serious issues to kids who take him seriously.

He's a sport figure ranting about issues plaguing the communities he grew up in. Out of all the things to complain about in the world, this isn't it.

khaled_a_d

Lebron was told to shut up because he was busy talking about popular social issues affecting the United States.

By Ibra? Again I don't think it is what Ibra did, it is what he say he would like to happen.
As I said in my post, he basically talked about his preference

I like him [LeBron James] a lot. He?s phenomenal, but I don?t like when people with a status speak about politics. Do what you?re good at doing."

Laplacian

"I'm not telling you to shut up, I'm just saying I'd prefer that."

The difference between the former and latter is 0. Being "polite" doesn't actually change the substance of your comments.

khaled_a_d

"I'm not telling you to shut up, I'm just saying I'd prefer that."

The difference between the former and latter is 0. Being "polite" doesn't actually change the substance of your comments.

I don't know man, I don't see it this way
Especially when it it seems it was a question directed to Ibra.
Do you like talking politics from sportsmen like Lebron? No, I love him but I prefer staying to things I know. It is way different from shutting up and dribble IMO.

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

I'm not famous person and don't assert myself in public as if i was some kind of guru, moron. All these retarded celebrities think they are brahmins or something. An as for LJ, he is not just stupid about politics, he's generally retarded. Zlatan did an understatement. Imagine Messi commentating about current events? It would probably be equally cringe.

Home of Barca Fans