Yaya Toure

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Also :lol: at Yaya taking Keita's role. This man is way too good (and expensive considering his wages) to be just a squad player. Though in hindsight: Really could have used him as a first choice CB now. He played that like a boss a few times with us and has the perfect physique for it as well. One of the most complete players I've seen in recent years. CB, DM, CM, he plays like a boss everywhere. Shame we lost him from our squad.

Keita's role as in the utility player... Keita was the player who had the most number of appearances last season. He usually was the one being brought on as the first sub and then he has been the stand in for any injured player, be it in attack or mid field

B

barcelonista

Keita's role as in the utility player... Keita was the player who had the most number of appearances last season. He usually was the one being brought on as the first sub and then he has been the stand in for any injured player, be it in attack or mid field

That's nothing new to me. Though Yaya is an elite quality player who should start for any team and not come in in minute 75 when it is already 4-0 like Keita does most of the time. Yaya wouldn't accept that role of a squad player and most likely cause trouble in the dressing room. Although Keita had the most number of appearances, he only played 2700 minutes. Busquets played 3800 minutes and Messi 4600 minutes, just to put it into perspective.

Hatem Ben Arfa

That's nothing new to me. Though Yaya is an elite quality player who should start for any team and not come in in minute 75 when it is already 4-0 like Keita does most of the time. Yaya wouldn't accept that role of a squad player and most likely cause trouble in the dressing room. Although Keita had the most number of appearances, he only played 2700 minutes. Busquets played 3800 minutes and Messi 4600 minutes, just to put it into perspective.

Toure never caused dressing room trouble. I've never heard that ever.

I've heard he had weight problems and that he was popular with women in Barcelona. That was all.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Here is a better translation:

"I wanted to stay at Barcelona and would have done so if Guardiola had asked me to, but the door to his office was always closed," Toure told Ona FM.

"I did not speak to him in my last year there. There was no communication.

"In the end Guardiola spoke to me, but at the start he said nothing. He had no faith in me and did not want me.

"I wanted to stay but he did not want that. He left me confused. His explanations were puzzling and he did not pay me any attention until I had the offer from City."

coolasif

Pep is such a modest person I wonder why every single player who leaves barca blames Pep for his departure.I don't get it why they always complain that they were ignored by Pep.It's hard to believe for me that why Pep would stop communicating with a player without any reason.

As far I understand Guardiola's problem with Ibra started when Ibra was continuously benched in favor of Bojan in last quarter of 2009-10 season.But in case of Yaya,he is such a grounded guy,it's next to impossible that Pep would have problem with someone like him.

Hatem Ben Arfa

it's clear he did have a problem with him though if he didn't speak to him for most of the year.

Guardiola isn't 100% the mr nice guy we think he is.

Yugi

yup, he is kind of coach that preffers someone and is not interested in the player he dont like..
and he didnt talk to him so he didnt want to tell him he doesnt count with him... same with bojan, I mean Pedro got chances because he was Pedro.... Bojan just didnt fit his ideas so he ignored him

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
it's clear he did have a problem with him though if he didn't speak to him for most of the year.

Guardiola isn't 100% the mr nice guy we think he is.

Well he is racist, considering he drives all Africans out of the team except the one he plays out of position, and employs such racists as Busquets, Cesc and Villa.

Coincidence? I think not.

Hatem Ben Arfa

yup, he is kind of coach that preffers someone and is not interested in the player he dont like..
and he didnt talk to him so he didnt want to tell him he doesnt count with him... same with bojan, I mean Pedro got chances because he was Pedro.... Bojan just didnt fit his ideas so he ignored him

That is bad man management from Guardiola though. He should talk to all his squad players to try keep everyone happy. Ignoring someone you know is the best way to p!s$ them off and cause problems.

If Guardiola feels a player does not figure into his plans, then he should grow some balls, man up and tell them face to face in his office rather than being a sissy walking out of room when Ibra walks in etc.

He still has a lot to learn as a manager.

Last edited:
W

Worms

Well he is racist, considering he drives all Africans out of the team except the one he plays out of position, and employs such racists as Busquets, Cesc and Villa.

Coincidence? I think not.

lol

deep down this is what HBA is thinking.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
This article seems to give a better context of what was said and makes me wonder if there isn't merely some bruised ego on the part of Yaya...It sounded a lot like Yaya was simply left to feel not counted on because his renewal year seemed to draw little intervention from Pep himself - at least in the media or personally...I say this because it also sounds like he acknowledges that Pep came to him late in the negotiations...Perhaps his ego was already bruised and an exit was made easier for him?

In any event, I don't buy the parallels with Ibra or Bojan...Yaya was vital and Pep counted on him, the other two just never played much towards the end...That wasn't the case with Touré

However, there is a valid point to be made in that the exit interviews for players are all beginning to sound a bit too familiar...Seems awfully passive aggressive if true but I also wonder if some players have merely been a bit too coddled to misinterpret things

coolasif

As much as I like Pep,in order to become a great coach like SAF or Wenger Pep should be more vocal,show little bit smartness in man-management.He should communicate more with his players.

If he is having problem with someone like Yaya,I wonder how he will handle troublesome players like Rooney and Cristiano.Eto'o,Ibra,Bojan and now Yaya...the list is really growing alarmingly.During Pep's tenure,we should forget about bringing players like Neymar as it will only erupt volcanoes and we will be bound to incur huge losses in transfer market due to reluctant quick sales.

X

xaviniesta

As much as I like Pep,in order to become a great coach like SAF or Wenger Pep should be more vocal,show little bit smartness in man-management.He should communicate more with his players.

If he is having problem with someone like Yaya,I wonder how he will handle troublesome players like Rooney and Cristiano.Eto'o,Ibra,Bojan and now Yaya...the list is really growing alarmingly.During Pep's tenure,we should forget about bringing players like Neymar as it will only erupt volcanoes and we will be bound to incur huge losses in transfer market due to reluctant quick sales.

images

Home of Barca Fans