Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish_Cules

I don't think it will happen, but there is a serious case for starting Xavi over Iniesta in the biggest games for the rest of the season.

JamDav1982

Unfortunately Mathieu still cannot be trusted at the highest level.

He was good against Man City and Real Madrid.

Mathieu can be trusted but like ALL defenders can make mistakes.

Just look at Marquinhos and Boateng tonight. Two of the most praised defenders on this forum and made terrible mistakes.

Alarcón

I love him and he is clearly better than Iniesta at the moment but he and Neymar failed to put pressure on Van der Wiel and that is the only reason why the latter could shoot from that range. He doesn't have the legs to put pressure on players anymore, that is simply a trade off when Xavi plays nowadays and I reckon that is the reason why Iniesta starts in front of him in every big game.

serghei

He was good against Man City and Real Madrid.

Mathieu can be trusted but like ALL defenders can make mistakes.

Just look at Marquinhos and Boateng tonight. Two of the most praised defenders on this forum and made terrible mistakes.

To me, he is technically suspect and is not better than Mascherano as a CB. It's Pique-Mascherano as the clear best CB pair, and then it's Mathieu (and Bartra) who can be trusted but shouldn't be first choices if the first two don't get injured / suspended.

Last edited:

Ekul

Xavi, we are not worthy. What a performance. Wish he would stay until he retires, he still has so much more to offer.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He's having a better season than Iniesta, which I don't know if it's a merit to Xavi, or a demerit to Iniesta. Probably both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans