Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor

Haven't seen Xavi play this well in about 2 years with the exception of a few performances(Euro final and Milan 2nd leg last year). The slightly more direct approach and the rest is helping him a lot. Let's hope he keeps this up.
Amen, I've been thinking the same thing. It's like you forget he's even getting older the way he's been playing the last couple games.

Last edited:

pEllee

I don't want to be ruining your moment but I wouldn't draw too may conclusions about these last few games. I'm pretty sure he had many games even last year where he was just as good, only it came against average opponents that left lots of space. I'm not saying Sociedad are average, they're obviously not but today they were. They were actually pathetic today. Didn't even look like they gave a shit. Basically allowed Xavi to what he wanted.

He struggles against teams that press high, that much is clear. Seen it too many times this last year too ignore it. You could argue that this increased rest will do wonders for him but I'm not so sure. He struggled against Atlético as well. They did press high from time to time. Even if they spent most of the time sitting back. The whole team struggles against those kinds of opponents.

I watched parts of the CL final from 2009 and 2011 and I can assure you, that Xavi was way better than this. You could press him and he would just make you look like a fool. Everything he does now, he could do slightly faster a few years ago.

But hey, who knows, maybe I'm wrong. We'll have to wait and see. :)

Last edited:

Vapor

I don't want to be ruining your moment but I wouldn't draw too may conclusions about these last few games. I'm pretty sure he had many games even last year where he was just as good, only it came against average opponents that left lots of space. I'm not saying Sociedad are average, they're obviously not but today they were. They were actually pathetic today. Didn't even look like they gave a shit. Basically allowed Xavi to what he wanted.

He struggles against teams that press high, that much is clear. Seen it too many times this last year too ignore it. You could argue that this increased rest will do wonders for him but I'm not so sure. He struggled against Atlético as well. They did press high from time to time. Even if they spent most of the time sitting back. The whole team struggles against those kinds of opponents.

I watched parts of the CL final 2009 and 2011 and I can assure you, that Xavi was way better than this. You could press him and he would just make you look like a fool. Everything he does now, he could do slightly faster a few years ago.

But hey, who knows, maybe I'm wrong. We'll have to wait and see. :)
Yea, I definitely don't disagree. It was probably a bit of a hyperbole on my part lol, but he's definitely looking better overall than I saw him many times last season. Promising signs so far, at least we know the magic is still alive :)

CatalinR10

811049681.gif

KhaledBarca

Xavi has completed the most passes in the opposition half in Europe’s top 5 leagues so far this season (322) #fcblive [via @castrolfootball]

P

PhilS

pElle, what you are saying is true, but the point is Xavi is looking better than last year. The old dod is learning new tricks with this new coach, and he is thriving in the rotation system.

It's time to admit how good the Atletico defense is. They held their own against Barca, but they snuff everyone else. Look what they did to Isco and RM. Atletico would win the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans