Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

mostly shitting on the idea that we should wait for ansu to save us. he won't be our savior.

he is no ronaldinho, rivaldo or messi - players that turned a corner for this club's fortunes.

If he can be our Villa, it will be enough for the time being

messi2140

6racies Xavi
happens with neto - who people want in goal even though he is disastrous and not in every shape or form better than MAtS

Honest question , how many disasterclasses does Mats need to drop before you change this opinion ? We have reached a point now where he doesn't even save shots that are aimed straight at him.

Edit : let me know when Neto does something like this

FGJTGGuUYAM5IGH

unsaveable

Last edited:

Raketa10

What is the 'best' team?

Those who best fit together and in the formation Xavi want's to play. If that means benching FDJ for example than do it. IMHO if for example Nico and FDJ don't fit together than choose one of them. That best team doesn't mean best 11 individuals. For example if you need a LB and Alba is injured than play Balde in that position and not Mingueza who may be a better overall player at the moment but stinks as a LB. We need to start working as a team and not 11 totally incompatible individuals.

For years we are trying to find positions for some players and we had cases where good players would play out of their position just because of their name. That has to stop. I would rather use an average player in his best position than the good one out of his position.

Let's look at our midfield for example Busi-FDJ-Pedri-Gavi-Nico.

1. Is Gavi much better overall player than for example Ilias Akhomach? He for sure is but he is not a fucking winger so stop using him there.

2. What will happen when Pedri returns? Who will be benched? Busi is the holly cow so he won't and I am afraid that Xavi will somehow try to change formation just to fit all "good" players in our starting 11. The end result will be that we'll again play like shit. IMHO that's just wrong! If we need a winger than go and play winger and the wing and not a midfielder or a full back.

Last edited:

malvolio

Honest question , how many disasterclasses does Mats need to drop before you change this opinion ? We have reached a point now where he doesn't even save shots that are aimed straight at him.

Edit : let me know when Neto does something like this

neto dropped clangers in his limited playing time and looked shaky as fuck. my opinion hasn't changed and no sane manager would go with neto in goal.

is it that hard to compare two players? or we're just going the route of teaching Stegen a lesson? because neto is not the answer if you want someone else in goal.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
neto dropped clangers in his limited playing time and looked shaky as fuck. my opinion hasn't changed and no sane manager would go with neto in goal.

is it that hard to compare two players? or we're just going the route of teaching Stegen a lesson? because neto is not the answer if you want someone else in goal.

He is the answer for me until we get a better GK either in January or in the summer. Giving Mats the remainder of the season doesn't make any sense imo.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Put Neto or Tenas in goal to make leaving Barca an easier decision for ter Stegen himself.

malvolio

He is the answer for me until we get a better GK either in January or in the summer. Giving Mats the remainder of the season doesn't make any sense imo.

Good luck with Neto in goal then.

And good luck with the club going for a GK in January. Not even sure we'll transfer a GK in the summer.

By your logic we should put the kid from. Barca B in goal just because you want Stegen out. Good luck with that also.

DonAK

I'm not that optimistic, but maybe we could sneak 4th place in the end. Just saying fuck it now and throwing away what chances we have is not an option though

Putting someone else in goal is not going to throw away the minuscule chances we have of making it.

I don't rate Neto, but at the moment ter Stegen's level have dropped down to Neto's level.

BBZ8800

Junior Firpo (Leeds United): "The difference between Bar?a and Leeds? Physical preparation, football has changed and just relying on the quality and talent that Barca players have is not enough. Analyzing videos of rivals at Bar?a? No, we didn't do that there." [cadena ser]

Barca is 20 years behind majority of European teams on so many levels:
1. pace
2. stamina
3. height
4. strength
5. psychology
6. scouting
7. training regimes
8. analyzing opponents

I am slightly exaggerating, but sometimes it feels that 90% of our trainings are = rondos.
As if a coach comes and says: ok, guys, stretch for a few minutes, now run for a few minutes and then we'll train rondos for 2 hours and you can go home:
Rondos, rondos, rondos.
But that is a problem with our culture and that parallel universe bubble which media and fans have built since 2011, where we are different, technique beats everything, IQ wins over muscles.
It seems as if we bought that hype how rondos/TikiTaka can solve every problem and we neglected absolutely everything else in football. And now we are a midtable team.
Rondos, rondos, rondos, fucking rondos:

DonAK

The next two transfer windows will prove whether Xavi and Laporta are all talk and nothing else, or whether they truly will clean house like we need to.

If Pique, ter Stegen, Busquets and Alba are at Barcelona past upcoming summer and still starting for us there's no hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans