Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Xavi: "Reported deal with Al-Sadd? I didn't sign anything. I'll talk about my future later."

JamDav1982

Clause or no clause there's really no reason not to promote him tomorrow, nevermind at the start of next season.

There would be little point in promoting him. The season has got past the stage of game time for youngsters for the sake of it.

He is better off staying in B team and trying to help them stay up. The adversity and challenge could be good for him!

Zangash

Banned
There would be little point in promoting him. The season has got past the stage of game time for youngsters for the sake of it.

He is better off staying in B team and trying to help them stay up. The adversity and challenge could be good for him!

Yeah, we may as well leave him for this season, but next season it'd be a mistake not to promote him. As for whether or not he gets the 6, I don't see why he shouldn't. It's more of an honor than an expectation, although I know the team cares very little about that, considering the 16 Busquets wore when he won all those trophies now is worn by the most useless player in Barca's B and first teams.

DinhoR10

Koke doesn't even want to come. We'd have to pay his buyout and even then I don't think he'll actually come. And even if he did come he would not be able to really have any impact on our team til 2016-2017 since he'll be cup tied and we'll only need him for the atletico/madrid games in the league. Till january we'll need someone to cover for Xavi anyway so Samper has to be promoted. There's no one else unless you're deciding to pin your hopes on sergi roberto.

ManusXavi

"I was just visiting, I was just visiting," Xavi said. "When I am ready to talk about it I will let you know."

- I don't see him at Barcelona next season.

Leo_Messi

An era is slowly but surely running out of steam. Xavi is one of the biggest club legends if not the greatest of them all.

I would not hesitate to call him the greatest midfielder ever. He embodied the playing style and was absolutely instrumental in helping create the greatest ever club and national team in the same time period moreover.

Everything points to an exit this summer. I see 2 main reasons. His inevitable decline and thus reduced role in the team and his significant salary. Let's not forget that FCB has the highest salary expenditure in the world among all the sports club. So parting with Xavi this summer would make sense especially if this current amateur board or hopefully Laporta's are looking to buy a new midfielder in the mould of Koke, Pogba, Verratti etc.

One thing is for certain IMO. Either Xavi or Alves will leave this summer.

What saddens me is that Xavi is likely to end up in the godforsaken gas station of a country called Qatar. An adventure in the US (if he really insists on leaving Europe) would have been better. At least he would likely be playing in stadiums where more than 1000-500 people would be attending. But money talks, bullshit walks.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
An era is slowly but surely running out of steam. Xavi is one of the biggest club legends if not the greatest of them all.

I would not hesitate to call him the greatest midfielder ever. He embodied the playing style and was absolutely instrumental in helping create the greatest ever club and national team in the same time period moreover.

Everything points to an exit this summer. I see 2 main reasons. His inevitable decline and thus reduced role in the team and his significant salary. Let's not forget that FCB has the highest salary expenditure in the world among all the sports club. So parting with Xavi this summer would make sense especially if this current amateur board or hopefully Laporta's are looking to buy a new midfielder in the mould of Koke, Pogba, Verratti etc.

What saddens me is that Xavi is likely to end up in the godforsaken gas station of a country called Qatar. An adventure in the US (if he really insists on leaving Europe) would have been better. At least he would likely be playing in stadiums where more than 1000-500 people would be attending. But money talks, bullshit walks.

And maybe some of them 'free' women, but hey, let's stay out of politics am I right?

Leo_Messi

And maybe some of them 'free' women, but hey, let's stay out of politics am I right?

:lol:

But they take pride in their backwardness. No need to hide it. Hopefully changes will occur one day.

Posting the post again.

Kerrybai

Agreed, the MLS would have been great and I would have watched him play. Qatar is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans