Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria

So it is all very recent then.

I think Bojan was made a full first team member much earlier. Now he cannot start for AS Roma.

And I believe that in february 2010 Ibra had better stats than Cesc. Now he's playing in the same country as Bojan(although he is a starter for AC Milan at least).

tumblr_m06b01f5nP1rq1bdio1_500.jpg

Last edited:

dalitis8

Banned
And I believe that in february 2010 Ibra had better stats than Cesc.

I don't know about February, but Zlatan finished his season at Barca with 21 goals (2 zenalties) and 13 assists.

Cesc has already scored 15 goals and provided 16 assists. With 14 Liga games to go, a potential 6 in the Champions League and a Copa final coming up, it is becoming clearly evident that Cesc Fabregas will massively out-assist Ibra, and quite possibly (almost surely) surpass him in goalscoring as well.

Also, keep in mind that Zlatan played as a CF for us, the ideal position for scoring goals and assisting, while Cesc has been a false 10 or 9 (no one really knows for sure in some games) or in midfield. Not quite the same.

And off the top of my head, I can think of several excellent Cesc balls that were extremely unlucky to not go in, in crucial games, like the Madrid game where 2 Cesc balls for Asexis and the Don ended up on the crossbar. Or what about his defense splitting pass against Valencia for Asexis?

The only thing I can recall for Ibra, is his lack of mobility, and the constipation he caused for our flowing system. Comparing Cesc to Ibra is naive at best.

JDaniels

Such transfer is unacceptable. Most worthy player in the team. My dad just came home, looked at me looking at pictures of Xavi and said, “He’s too old for you!”, then left the room shaking his head..

tumblr_lzymjvmabL1qg8thho1_500.jpg

:worthy:

JonM

"According to AS, the French giants have already sounded out Xavi’s camp about his interest in moving to France and been informed if they offer is right, he’ll quickly pack his bags."

:lol: They make it sounds like he can't wait to leave.

JonM

Well the story is BS so it doesn't matter. But if you strictly look at it from a business point of view, it would be a very good deal for every one except PSG.

khorne

i wouldn't take this particular offer too seriously. still, i think it's likely that xavi will join another club before he retires. he has won everything and more with barca and spain and his name is a byword for the most successful spanish football generation and its style. so judging by that, what perspectives in terms of new goals and experiences does he have at barcelona? we cannot see inside his soul and know for sure, but the way i judge his character (and one of the reasons why i really adore this guy), he would be eager to play some football in another environement, not necessarily for the titles, but for the fact that he would have missed out on something if he retired without doing so. look at raul, he's really enjoying himself at schalke, and I'm sure he will consider his time at germany one of the best parts of his career even it was a "downgrade" in comparison to real.

and of course, the point could be made that if xavi plans to be a manager one day, having first hand experience from other countries and their style of play is certainly a bonus.

that being said, the day when the 6 of barca is not named xavi hernandez will be a sad day indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans