Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria

Dunno but Cesc is improving all the time. Possibly a few seasons on when Xavi retires and Fabregas gets to boss the midfield. Gets the limelight in other words.

So Cesc is improving at 24 y.o., but Messi isn't? Or Iniesta at 27? I see..:shakeshead:

Xavi is a monster fitness wise..and so is Thiago.

Y

Youngie

So Cesc is improving at 24 y.o., but Messi isn't? Or Iniesta at 27? I see..:shakeshead:

His game - passing is getting better but his physical peak has already been seen last season: 55 appearances, 53 goals & 24 assists. Hard to top that.

Y

Youngie

Xavi's fitness is remarkable. We thought that Cesc and Thiago had been brought to preserve Xavi, but on the contrary he has played more than any other midfielder so far with no signs of fatigue and actually seems fresher than all of them. His fitness is amazing.

Don't jinx him now ;)

E

estranged

i love him but man his corners annoyed the living hell out of me last night. we were awarded 1000 corners and we didn't make use of any of them, Getafe had 1 or 2 and they scored. why don't we play short corners like we always used to? we're better with the ball at our feet than on our heads

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Xavi job is to just run games from deep nowadays as he does without fail, he was better 2008-2009 in terms of assists but if anything he's got better imo

On occasions though i wish he'd take a few risks with through balls he seems to not want to lose the ball at ALL costs, patient is an understatement

E

estranged

Xavi job is to just run games from deep nowadays as he does without fail, he was better 2008-2009 in terms of assists but if anything he's got better imo

On occasions though i wish he'd take a few risks with through balls he seems to not want to lose the ball at ALL costs, patient is an understatement

yea I've noticed that too, these days we don't see those deadly through balls as often as before, it's not that he can't do it but mainly because these days (especially this season that we have so many midfielders) he plays a much deeper position and does the more utility(still critical) work, and also as you say he doesn;t want to give away possession at all costs.

gingerless

i love him but man his corners annoyed the living hell out of me last night. we were awarded 1000 corners and we didn't make use of any of them, Getafe had 1 or 2 and they scored. why don't we play short corners like we always used to? we're better with the ball at our feet than on our heads

no way man, especially when we're behind with time ticking we can't afford to start the passing around the penalty box game. just whip that shit in and hope it gets some deflections or some shit. ala real madrid goal in super cup for example

BerkeleyBernie

no way man, especially when we're behind with time ticking we can't afford to start the passing around the penalty box game. just whip that shit in and hope it gets some deflections or some shit. ala real madrid goal in super cup for example

You know, I'm all for short corners, but it seems that Barça just treats them like any restart. I'd like to see them try some set plays- move the ball into shooting position with a couple of quick passes, with other players running set routes to create space for the shooter.

gingerless

You know, I'm all for short corners, but it seems that Barça just treats them like any restart. I'd like to see them try some set plays- move the ball into shooting position with a couple of quick passes, with other players running set routes to create space for the shooter.

remember the shot set-ups and lay-offs xabi alonso was getting in the world cup vs germany? that's something we are very much capable of and should be doing

E

estranged

I respectfully disagree ginger pubes. Thing is what you're saying is right but we don't have many guys who can head well, also you're saying hit it in such a way hoping that hits something and gets deflected in, i agree with that but the thing is in the Getafe match our corners were so terribly over hit that there was no chance that it would deflect/make contact with anything even if we had Peter Crouch. If we keep the ball around the 18 yard box (as we do most of the time) then we have a better chance of drawing mistakes or going for a well hit low cross that has a chaNce of deflection.

dalitis8

Banned
Prime or no prime, Xavi is almost 32 and is still fighting for best player awards every year, that's phenomenal and almost unheard of in a time where the sport is more physically demanding ever. I doubt even Messi or Iniesta will be this great and consistent when they're 32.

Xavi's fitness is remarkable. We thought that Cesc and Thiago had been brought to preserve Xavi, but on the contrary he has played more than any other midfielder so far with no signs of fatigue and actually seems fresher than all of them. His fitness is amazing.

Xavi will soon need some rest. For sure. The fact that we are overplaying our oldest of 3 brilliant midfielders is very worrying to me.

SeloBarca

Ye ive lso noticed Xavi does alot less cut through passes, or that little "chip in" hes so good at. But at the same time he seems to be more infront of the goal (2 goals on milan) and making more gap runs

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
We thought that Cesc and Thiago had been brought to preserve Xavi, but on the contrary he has played more than any other midfielder so far

Another reason why the :cesc: signing was totally unnecessary and that we should instead have concentrated on improving other areas!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans