Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Don't want to sell them.

That money have to be invested on top of what we have.

But this discussion is pointless, my opinion is that the club is doing a good job. It's not a tragedy if the club can't compete vs the best teams for 3-4 seasons until the finances hopefully get sorted.

If we can snatch some titles like the club did last season, we're solid, even if the quality of football is not that high.

You wouldnt raise hundreds of millions selling 'over rated' players to invest in top ones?

The irony would be those players would go to other top clubs for big money and be seen as type of players Barca cant attract.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Watching so many long balls and non-existent midfield makes me mad. And it's the epitome of a riki-taka footballer that made us play like this.

Sad state of affairs.

Gnidrologist

On top of that his press also doesn't work like last season (which wasn't ideal either). People say Gavi is headless chicken, but now everybody does the same. Just bunch of children running after one player with the ball, leaving wasteland behind to explore, because no one is there to close the passing lanes. Of course, might be because of the few old men being too slow, but the system is clearly flawed. We get passed around from press by every shit team these days.

JamDav1982

On top of that his press also doesn't work like last season (which wasn't ideal either). People say Gavi is headless chicken, but now everybody does the same. Just bunch of children running after one player with the ball, leaving wasteland behind to explore, because no one is there to close the passing lanes. Of course, might be because of the few old men being too slow, but the system is clearly flawed. We get passed around from press by every shit team these days.

The midfield was even worse with Gavi before injury than has been the past couple games.

He was getting skinned constantly and leaving gaps all the time.

The issue with pressing this season has more than anything been FDJ at DM and he is the best athlete Barca have in there. Although tonight he looked like had trouble running at times.

behindbrowneyes

Rotations at the back need to stop. I know there is much quality to pick from, but players need consistency to create chemistry. Won't manage that with a new backline almost every game.

Xavi needs to find his best pairing and play them game in game out.

Kul_z

Rotations at the back need to stop. I know there is much quality to pick from, but players need consistency to create chemistry. Won't manage that with a new backline almost every game.

Xavi needs to find his best pairing and play them game in game out.
Araujo christensen cb pair. Period. Depending on the opponent cancelo rb balde lb. Stop fucking around and sell that fashion diva to newcastle or chelsea or wherever the fuck he is wanted. We would get teared apart against any pacey attacker. Araujo and christensen at least have muscles and brain combined, and it seems that christensen had pretty good understanding with fdj in front of him.

Givenchy

I'll give him some credit tonight as getting through (albeit a piss easy) CL group stage is progress from the last 2 seasons.

Start of 2nd half we came out to win BUT unfortunately he resorted to cowardly tactics at the end. We MUST go for the kill, relying on this mess of a defence isn't going to work.

Another positive, he didn't bring Romeu on in such a circumstance so maybe he learned from that mistake.

The 'style' of football or lack thereof is still concerning.

Total-Football

The lack of a plan, structure is clear when u got the two Portuguese players attacking side by side playing one two as if this is Sunday league. (I don't Blame them). So basically with the lack of a direction every player seems at liberty to do as he is
comfortable with. The portugese play with each other because same national team and language. Balde do not play with anyone, he just rams into defenses. Lewa completely isolated but perhaps he is happy Pedri is back. Raphinha don't know what to do in the wing so he basically improvises and shoots . It's just an auto pilot mode. This is more than worrying after two years. If it didn't happen in 2 years with a good squad now means it will never happen.

vegitot

Pass to Cancelo tactic now. Seriously, that's what happened.

Still confident that Xavi will get good results bs Atletico and Ginora.

BJJ

After 2 years this club still has no direction or structure.
Xavi has chopped and changed, spent millions and we still her outplayed by shit teams.
It's not a question of if but when.
I hope Laporta doesn't go with Marquez and acquires a real manager.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

He is not helping himself at all with some of the decisions he is making. The worst of which is playing Araujo at right back and not in the centre and playing Kounde there instead. That was a disaster first half and the fact he just let that slide and didn't swap them around is worrying.

I didn't like his subs either. Why take Felix off when he has just scored and was playing with more confidence as a result? Especially when the worst attacker by a mile was Lewa?

Why take off Raph when he had a good second half and was probably the best attacking outlet of the 3? For a 16 year old to boot, when you need experience to see out a big UCL game?

vegitot

After 2 years this club still has no direction or structure.
Xavi has chopped and changed, spent millions and we still her outplayed by shit teams.
It's not a question of if but when.
I hope Laporta doesn't go with Marquez and acquires a real manager.
That's probably the biggest disappointment with Xavi so far. His team plays random football. Especially consider that he is in rebuild phase, he should build the team. But what he is doing now is win at any cost. No problem with that but then he is just similiar to EV or any coaches post Pep.

delancey

He is not helping himself at all with some of the decisions he is making. The worst of which is playing Araujo at right back and not in the centre and playing Kounde there instead. That was a disaster first half and the fact he just let that slide and didn't swap them around is worrying.

I didn't like his subs either. Why take Felix off when he has just scored and was playing with more confidence as a result? Especially when the worst attacker by a mile was Lewa?

Why take off Raph when he had a good second half and was probably the best attacking outlet of the 3? For a 16 year old to boot, when you need experience to see out a big UCL game?
Why revert back to an 4-3-3? Orders from the top. I swear… Laporta demanded a 4-3-3 formation after last season’s defensive tactics. Hence why we seldom see the 4-4-2 formation anymore, which was really Xavi’s best formation (so far). It slowed down play big time, and made it difficult for opposition to get past our midfield. Of course, this was anti-Barca, but it yielded results. No doubt.

Boring af to watch too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans