Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morten

Its better to be lucky than to be good, the actual football isn't really much better than what i saw under Koeman, but instead of draws and defeats, Xavi gets scrappy 1-0 wins instead, somehow.

Its annoying, and i still can't wait for him to be gone, so hopefully this nonsense ends.

Okay, so you might replace him with a better coach, but the upside of that is that at least you would put away games early, so i can tune out early.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Its better to be lucky than to be good, the actual football isn't really much better than what i saw under Koeman, but instead of draws and defeats, Xavi gets scrappy 1-0 wins instead, somehow.

Its annoying, and i still can't wait for him to be gone, so hopefully this nonsense ends.

Okay, so you might replace him with a better coach, but the upside of that is that at least you would put away games early, so i can tune out early.

No mate. Key is to be better, not lucky.
It was always about style with Barca.

That's why everyone was unhappy with Valverde even with repeated la ligas.

Birdy

If Koeman were producing these shit show performances, what would have happened? That’s the criticism. Our style of play. Incompetence at the top.

Entiendes? 😜
True

or EV....
and true...

A point I have made time and time again.
Koeman was getting slaughtered by press and fanbase week in week out because of the results basically, and yet he wasn;t given any credit that we were so unlucky in many games where the team was doing things right, creating chances, but the end product was not there to get the result. Say what you want about Koeman, but we never played that badly as we see under Xavi. And the flip side? Xavi is not getting accountable for getting lucky results.

I was highly critical of EV because of the football he played. Right now, the 'tiki-taka total football mastermind' came to repeat Pep's football and we get something worse than EV.
Enough is enough with Xavi

Birdy

By April, coaching candidates will be covered by local media

Feels inevitable, I believe Xavi has plenty of positive traits as a coach but clear he is not yet able to transmit our philosophy to the players. Not every great player can impart that to others, it's what distinguishes coaches/teachers. Regardless of the squad, we should've been seeing the style we're accustomed to with regularity - irrespective of the result. When the results become the target at the expense of style, then once your success (measured by trophies) becomes threatened the absence of style moves to the forefront

When I hear Xavi answer for the play in press conferences much less in matches, I do not see someone who can get more out of this group and that typically means it's time to go. Xavi will get latitude to stay on another season should the we lose the league and fail in CL (yet advance far). But it won't stop the pressure to no longer point to FFP for failure to improve in the eye test

I'll start. Gallardo, De Zerbi & Arteta - even Ten Hag?

As ajno said, it's nice of you to admit you were wrong about him (unlike others here)

As for names, realistically Arteta won't be available for a long time. I don't think Ten Haag will be available either (although he would have been ideal for Barca), unless UTD hierarchy commits suicide

Realistically again,
Arne Slot
De Zerbi
Nagelsman
Gallardo

are our best shots for football and building a great team to win trophies.
and IMO in the order I wrote them down

Morten

True

and true...

A point I have made time and time again.
Koeman was getting slaughtered by press and fanbase week in week out because of the results basically, and yet he wasn;t given any credit that we were so unlucky in many games where the team was doing things right, creating chances, but the end product was not there to get the result. Say what you want about Koeman, but we never played that badly as we see under Xavi. And the flip side? Xavi is not getting accountable for getting lucky results.

I was highly critical of EV because of the football he played. Right now, the 'tiki-taka total football mastermind' came to repeat Pep's football and we get something worse than EV.
Enough is enough with Xavi

Can't believe i agree with you, yes, get rid of this league merchant, sick and tired of these late game wins.

If you have a better coach who is not born under a lucky star, it might actually be better for us.

Morten

Real have had plenty of that themselves.

Absolutely, i just want to "trade" our cup luck for some league luck.

You know, it is getting embarrassing how a club of RM's size can never defend a title anymore.

If we need some extra luck to do that, i will take it.

Birdy

Can't believe i agree with you, yes, get rid of this league merchant, sick and tired of these late game wins.

If you have a better coach who is not born under a lucky star, it might actually be better for us.

He won't be lucky forever. Already this season he is less lucky than the one before.
also the level of competitiveness of LL, which is low, makes it easier if you are lucky to challenge
If Xavi was coaching in EPL, no matter all the luck in the universe he could have, he would have gotten skinned there by even semi-decent teams

If we had a better coach not born under a lucky star, we would make a great team that could win all trophies in all competitions.
Believe me, I would have taken that any day of the week than guaranteed luck and shit football

Morten

He won't be lucky forever. Already this season he is less lucky than the one before.
also the level of competitiveness of LL, which is low, makes it easier if you are lucky to challenge
If Xavi was coaching in EPL, no matter all the luck in the universe he could have, he would have gotten skinned there by even semi-decent teams

If we had a better coach not born under a lucky star, we would make a great team that could win all trophies in all competitions.
Believe me, I would have taken that any day of the week than guaranteed luck and shit football

Well, Xavi can survive a long time on that, espcially when the main rivals president is basically sabotaging the club.

Bellingham is one single player, besides that, Perez has given him f all, and Ancelotti deserves most of the credit for unlocking Bellingham full potential anyway.

Laplacian

The almost complete inability to control games is worrying. Also don't like how none of our forwards are lethal, now. Not enough pace upfront. I don't care for him, but if you were going to replace Dembele with Felix then maybe we should have kept Dembele.

Also, love De Jong but it's worrying just how much of our midfield play and control depends on him.

Birdy

Well, Xavi can survive a long time on that, espcially when the main rivals president is basically sabotaging the club.

Bellingham is one single player, besides that, Perez has given him f all, and Ancelotti deserves most of the credit for unlocking Bellingham full potential anyway.
On paper:
Your md is set for many years with Tchouameni, Camavinga, Valverde, and the tap-in merchant
Your attack as well with Vini, Rodrygo, Endrick signed, and Mbape coming in the summer
Courtois is good to go for at least 5-6 more years
The only glaring hole is your defense that needs new fullbacks, and perhaps another good young CB alongside Militao

You can't say that he is not doing a rebuild.

For comparison, Barca - even includinh players we don't own (Felix, Cancelo)- has only the starting CB department sorted for the next 5-7 years, and perhaps the interiors/AM department.
Then, we have glaring holes up front (CF and wingers), at DM, and huge depth issues at FBs and GK areas

Morten

On paper:
Your md is set for many years with Tchouameni, Camavinga, Valverde, and the tap-in merchant
Your attack as well with Vini, Rodrygo, Endrick signed, and Mbape coming in the summer
Courtois is good to go for at least 5-6 more years
The only glaring hole is your defense that needs new fullbacks, and perhaps another good young CB alongside Militao

You can't say that he is not doing a rebuild.

For comparison, Barca - even includinh players we don't own (Felix, Cancelo)- has only the starting CB department sorted for the next 5-7 years, and perhaps the interiors/AM department.
Then, we have glaring holes up front (CF and wingers), at DM, and huge depth issues at FBs and GK areas

No no, thas not it, our attack is not set at all, Vini works at LF, but he needs a CF, Mbappe doesn't want to play CF, and its irrelevant anyway as he will never come here.

Endrick is a young, unproven player, not worth talking about.

Rodrygo is up and down, never consistent enough.

Next summer, Perez will be stuck daydreaming about Mbappe, again, while we sign nobody of note in attack, again.

We need new fullbacks, that is true.

BJJ

On a side note, Xavi and his bro are making me appreciate managers who are where they are because of hard work and merit.

Real Sociedad’s manager is great. They played fun football yesterday. Outclassed us in every department. Every single one.

Girona’s manager is also someone we should be talking about more. Doing an excellent job with an average squad. Kudos!
Exactly. Managers who have inferior squads but are playing superior football.
Watching Xavi celebrating with his brother yesterday was nauseating. Acting like his brother and he had put ob a tactical master class in a CL final. With a little luck Socided would have beat us 3 zip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans