Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

There's no W or L to take. We just come off two great performances against weaker (or in Betis regards off form) sides.

Before that we were lacklustre.

Had short runs or great games last season and even the season before (Alteti with Adama if I recall).

So yeah.

serghei

Before that we were La Liga winners. :lol: Beat Madrid numerous times last season, and so on.

True, we didn't play sexy football and won a big title. Who the fuck did? City with Pep + their oil billions? Your expectations need to come down.

Did what we needed to do and came out on top in the end.

serghei

This summer we've improved the squad on 2 key positions and the football looks better in offense. Big surprise... not.

Temptation

It's time for Xavi haters to take their L

And salute me for being right all the time
Only if you take the L for hating on RL9.

If 2 wins against Real Beta Males and Belgian Antman FC is enough for you to come outta your cave and twerk for Xavi, then by the same token, it must be enough for RL9 haters to take the L. Keep the same energy. :lol:

Too easy.

ajnotkeith

Before that we were La Liga winners. :lol: Beat Madrid numerous times last season, and so on.

So we didn't play sexy football and won a big title. Who the fuck did? City with Pep + their oil billions? Your expectations need to come down.

I just told you who did which was Spalletti who won a title playing great football for a team that hasn't won Scudetto since 1989.

They hardly spend anything at all either.

Its fine to be a Xavi fan but you act like he doesnt have a lot to improve on and as if he is a top manager when he isnt yet.
He is a good manager with a lot to improve on to become top level.

serghei

I just told you who did which was Spalletti who won a title playing great football for a team that hasn't won Scudetto since 1989.

They hardly spend anything at all either.

Its fine to be a Xavi fan but you act like he doesnt have a lot to improve on and as if he is a top manager when he isnt yet.
He is a good manager with a lot to improve on to become top level.

That's good. And I just told you it's a lower tier league. Which it is. Much lower pressure too.

Xavi has many things to improve. But not to be better than some of the managers he was compared to. At this point his target is reaching the very top of the profession and joining the very big names.

Already doing better than many names paraded around here. Oh, to join the really big managers? Of course he has to show more. But for a club in our position when he came, it becomes clear he was an excellent choice.

I'd compare Xavi with Arteta. They seem focused, and ambitious, and likely to reach the very top.

ajnotkeith

That's good. And I just told you it's a lower tier league. Which it is. Much lower pressure too.

Xavi has many things to improve. But not to be better than some of the managers he was compared to. At this point his target is reaching the very top of the profession and joining the very big names.

Already doing better than many names paraded around here. Oh, to join the really big managers? Of course he has to show more. But for a club in our position when he came, it becomes clear he was an excellent choice.

I'd compare Xavi with Arteta. They seem focused, and ambitious, and likely to reach the very top.
Again you cant state that its easier to win and a 'lower tier trophy' when in the context of the club they haven't won it since 1989 so clearly it is a very difficult task to win it with Napoli.
If it was easier to win Serie A with Napoli than LaLiga with Barcelona they would have not only done it once in 30 years.

serghei

Again you cant state that its easier to win and a 'lower tier trophy' when in the context of the club they haven't won it since 1989 so clearly it is a very difficult task to win it with Napoli.

I don't know how clearer I need to explain it to you. Napoli end up 3rd in Serie A last season? No big fuss, everyone is happy. Xavi doesn't at least compete for the title in La Liga, he is facing sacking. The pressure levels at Barcelona vs Napoli, and the competition vs Madrid, are night and day different.

You can compare Napoli more with Leicester and Ranieri. The pressure to win at Barcelona and any true big club is not comparable. It's why many managers can do very well at smaller clubs and get sacked at a big club.

ajnotkeith

I don't know how clearer I need to explain it to you. Napoli end up 3rd in Serie A last season? No big fuss, everyone is happy. Xavi doesn't at least compete for the title in La Liga, he is facing sacking. The pressure levels at Barcelona vs Napoli, and the competition vs Madrid, are night and day different.

You can compare Napoli more with Leicester and Ranieri. The pressure to win at Barcelona and any true big club is not comparable. It's why many managers can do very well at smaller clubs and get sacked at a big club.
Thats nonsense. Napoli is one of the biggest clubs in Italy and comparing them to Leicester is an absolute joke. I'm not sure if you know that little about football or you are being dishonest. I hope it is the 2nd. Napoli is the club of Maradona.

Winning the PL with Leicester is a 100 times bigger achievement than winning a LaLiga with Barcelona anyway so I'm not sure why you even made this point. How is it harder to win a title with a big club with big resources than a small club with small resources 😂 😂 that might be one of the dumbest things you have said yet.

Easier to win titles with Leicester than Barcelona. That's a take for the ages.

As I already said if you were correct and it was easier to win a Serie A with Napoli why have they not done it since 1989? Surely if it was easier they would have done it more than once in 30 years?

serghei

OK man, you are right as well. Both Spalletti and Xavi were awesome last season. :lol: Among the very best 3-4 managers for sure.

Pep, Inzaghi, Xavi, Spalletti, Arteta...

Those were the best last season.

This season we shall see...

Temptation

Leicester were favourites to get relegated before the season started.

Winning the best and toughest league itw with Leicester is one of the biggest achievements and miracles in the history of sport.

ajnotkeith

Leicester were favourites to get relegated before the season started.

Winning the best and toughest league itw with Leicester is one of the biggest achievements and miracles in the history of sport.
He just tried to say that winning the Prem with Leicester is a smaller achievement than winning a league with Barcelona.

And you claim he doesnt make dishonest arguments. LOL.

Leicester winning the league before the season was like 5000/1, it is one of the craziest things that has ever happened in sport let alone just English football.

Temptation

He just tried to say that winning the Prem with Leicester is a smaller achievement than winning a league with Barcelona.

And you claim he doesnt make dishonest arguments. LOL.

Leicester winning the league before the season was like 5000/1, it is one of the craziest things that has ever happened in sport let alone just English football.
When did I claim that though?

Porque

True, we didn't play sexy football and won a big title. Who the fuck did? City with Pep + their oil billions? Your expectations need to come down.

Not sure if this was directed at me, but playing champagne football in LaLiga costs the fraction of investment than to play it in England which is a billionaire boys club (hello Pharrell).

Anyways, overall I am on board with Xavi and have been in majority since the start, inspite of the satire here and there. Needs to show more in Europe and luckily enough we have an easy group this year. Has grinded out results more than he should have in long spells of his tenure.

Let's see how our play continues this year. So far against Celta it's been a bit drab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans