Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

FC B

Who's arguing otherwise? Jammy? :lol:

Absolute masterclass from Madrid in that first leg (apart from the result obviously).
I hope Pep will somehow manage to change something for the better for the return leg, otherwise, if the game will be tactically similar to the one on Bernabeu, I see Madrid winning yet another CL trophy.

JamDav1982

I hope Pep will somehow manage to change something for the better for the return leg, otherwise, if the game will be tactically similar to the one on Bernabeu, I see Madrid winning yet another CL trophy.

Madrid barely created anything.

Ederson had about one meaningful save and it may have been offside.

City never created much clear cut either and control of game was about 50/50 across the 90 mins.

FC B

Madrid barely created anything.

Ederson had about one meaningful save and it may have been offside.

City never created much clear cut either and control of game was about 50/50 across the 90 mins.
Didn't said they created much. Besides Madrid does not need to create too much as their finish is usually clinical in the upper stages of CL.

mc_lovin

I mean a 1-1 should be a pretty shit result for Madrid. My first instinct before the tie was that Real are in for a trashing (end of an era style). Hope that still comes true.

FC B

I mean a 1-1 should be a pretty shit result for Madrid. My first instinct before the tie was that Real are in for a trashing (end of an era style). Hope that still comes true.
Didn't thought that and I can't see Madrid getting a battering at Etihad either, hope I'm wrong.

FC B

Well they only scored one.. the same as City so no clinincal finishing by either side.
That's why I wrote "usually". Hope that will remain the same at Etihad.
Madrid is only one match away from a new CL trophy, will be tough for City.

FC B

'Madrid one game away' is irrelevant.

City in same situation.
My point is Madrid are mentally tougher than City in CL knock outs and they have a core of players who won multiple CLs already as opposed to City which imo offer them the edge.

Hope I'm wrong but I see Madrid as favourites to reach the final, even at this score and at Etihad.

JamDav1982

My point is Madrid are mentally tougher than City in CL knock outs and they have a core of players who won multiple CLs already as opposed to City which imo offer them the edge.

Hope I'm wrong but I see Madrid as favourites to reach the final, even at this score and at Etihad.

Should back them then as getting the odds.

ajnotkeith

Who's arguing otherwise? Jammy? :lol:

Absolute masterclass from Madrid in that first leg (apart from the result obviously).
Masterclass? You really think so...? I agree with Jammy that it wasn't if that's what he thinks lol.

It was a cagey game where both the two teams created close to nothing and a draw was a very reflective result.

Madrid are the holding champions and the UCL is their stomping ground. How can you call their game a masterclass when they grinded out a draw?

mc_lovin

Masterclass? You really think so...? I agree with Jammy that it wasn't if that's what he thinks lol.

It was a cagey game where both the two teams created close to nothing and a draw was a very reflective result.

Madrid are the holding champions and the UCL is their stomping ground. How can you call their game a masterclass when they grinded out a draw?

They completely neutralized City and had by far the more dangerous attacks (City just had more hail mary shots, but Real was through on goal a couple of times even if they didn't get the shot/were narrowly intercepted). Should have won 2-0 really, but football, eh. After City got their lucky punch it was all Real again and City somehow survived.

And that against the supposedly best team on the planet and heavy favorites. It's not 'anti'-Barcelona to give credit to your rival when they play an excellent match. I still hope they fail miserably in the return leg. But no need to bend reality.

JamDav1982

Absolute nonsense.

Both teams had around the same chances and scored a zinger each.

To make out it was was some kind of Real masterclass is just clueless.

The reality is Real did better than some expected and that now becomes a 'masterclass' to lose a 1-0 lead at home while barely creating any decent chances.

iniestaGOAT

TODAY IS THE DAY.. AFTER 4 MISERABLE YEARS

THE GOD HAS LED US TO THE PROMISE LAND

LET US GET TOGETHER AND PAY OUR RESPECT TO THE LEGEND. THE ICON. THE MAN. THE GRAND DADDY.

XAVI HERNANDEZ

THANK YOU MISTER

Xavi heading home to Barcelona in chronicle of a coaching job foretold |  Barcelona | The Guardian

KEEP COOKING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans