Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Real and Barca, sure, I told you that imo Rodrygo and Tchouameny are options from the bench we don't have at the moment in midfield and attack.

Yesy but Real have all forwards fit and Rodrygo should be compared to Raphinha for squad depth only because Dembele is out is Raphinha a starter.

Tchoumeny shoudl be a starter for Real really and not in this bench depth argument.

Struggle to think of an area of team would swap between the two currently.

Not much in some of it but Barcas just got more energy and better starting eleven in more positions for me.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Anyway, we've been discussing this over and over again. Imo squad is very thin and needs major work. Even if we don't have much money, it can be improved, and it absolutely has to be.

But Reals is also and starting playrs are more vital to the argument as to who has the better squad overall.

jamrock

If real are fully fit, they can bring one

Mendy/Alaba/rudiger off the bench, pending on who starts.

Camavinga, Vasquez, rodrygo, asensio off the bench in attack & midfield.

That's 5 players who are all proven winners & big game contributors, to think Barcelona has a better bench than that is to ignore reality.

ajnotkeith

Anyway, we've been discussing this over and over again. Imo squad is very thin and needs major work. Even if we don't have much money, it can be improved, and it absolutely has to be.

It might be a while before we can spend again.

CL/EL situation really hurt our income this season and we're gonna have to sell big to make any new signings next summer. Then we play next season at Montjuic.

Hopefully we can make a deep Europe run next year to help the coffers a bit.

JamDav1982

Asensio is not better from bench than Raphinha no team is having him ahead despite him having a CL/more leagues.

Mendy is shite. Alba is better even now.

Likes of Vasquez is bang average at best also.

Proven winners... until they play these Barca losers... aye works well for them that.

serghei

It might be a while before we can spend again.

CL/EL situation really hurt our income this season and we're gonna have to sell big to make any new signings next summer. Then we play next season at Montjuic.

Hopefully we can make a deep Europe run next year to help the coffers a bit.

We can find good deals to improve our squad with not much money.

I think it's fair to say it's a freak coincidence to have all 3 of your main defenders injured. Also to be playing exactly the deciding games at exactly that time. Also in the group of death.

Winning the league should theoretically give us an easier group. Unless somehow Bayern bottle the Bundesliga this season and we get them again from Pot 2. :lol:

We should be fine in CL next season and mount a serious run.

Last edited:

jamrock

Bunch of shit players who kill it in Europe, the only place that matters when it suits the debate lol & also league champions lol.

Jesus.

JamDav1982

Bunch of shit players who kill it in Europe, the only place that matters when it suits the debate lol & also league champions lol.

Jesus.

While Barca have a 'bunch of shit players' that are 12 points clear in league.

Top stuff.

Usual nonsense - no one is saying 'only Europe matters'.

Flip it... some folk claim only league matters then drool over Real in Europe.

Jesus.

When Barca lose Europe is irrelevant and all about league...but then for Real it is all about Europe and where real winners show up.

Usual.

JamDav1982

JamDav, Madrid squad is objectively better. It's not elite like Bayern or City, but better than ours.

No it isnt.

Look at league table currently and when play one another.

Ask any coach what is more the mark of consistency in a squad and it the league but all top clubs expect to compete in both.

Telll me what area you would swap.

You think Spurs are tiers above Barca etc. That is madness.

serghei

No it isnt.

Look at league table.

Telll me what area you would swap.

You think Spurs are tiers above Barca etc.

Are? I'm not saying this atm am I?

Or you're one of those people that think what someone says in the past never changes in time.

I already said Barca are improving at a very fast rate just comments ago. We are better now than we were 5-6 months ago. Easily.

Anyone can see the progress our players and Xavi make. If you want to look.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Are? I'm not saying this atm am I?

Or you're one of those people that think what someone says in the past never changes in time.

I already said Barca are improving at a very fast rate just comments ago. We are better now than we were 5-6 months ago. Easily.

Ok so you were wrong on Spurs.

But we are comparing a younger team developing at Barca.. and that includes the coach to a largely ageing team in Real and then using the history rather than present to judge them.

Of course Real will appear better if do that. This Barca team and all been through can barely compete if look at it like that.

But purlely for squads now for me its Barca and both have gaps in them.

Same argument used by so many why United had to keep Ronaldo...'proven winner/goalscorer' etc. That argument comes to an end eventually and not one can compare younger players on fairly.

Modric and Kroos won CL.. would anyone swap them for Frenkie and Pedri now? Surely to fuck not.. even if win another CL.

Last edited:

serghei

Ok so you were wrong on Spurs.

But we are comparing a younger team developing at Barca.. and that includes the coach to a largely ageing team in Real and then using the history rather than past to judge them.

Of course Real will appear better if do that. This Barca team and all been through can barely compete if look at it like that.

But purlely for squads now for me its Barca and both have gaps in them.

No.

Arsenal were 5th last season, and are storming the league this season. Lost vs Tottenham 0-3. Young teams with passionate managers develop at a fast rate. This is what happened to Arsenal, Barca, Napoli. That is why they are dominating the top 3 leagues this season in a very clear manner.

Last season we trashed Napoli 4-2.

This is not some proof of an elite squad or anything close to that, but proof that the work being done on those teams by the managers and the players is paying dividends fast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans