Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergus90

I think that was a message purposely sent to Frenkie to push him out. Quite pathetic in my opinion.

Surely a message to push him out would be to not play him at all or better still not include him in the squad list altogether like he did with the others he doesn't want. Especially when there's 80 mill on the table for him.

Messi983

I think that was a message purposely sent to Frenkie to push him out. Quite pathetic in my opinion.

Nah, he knows what Frenkie can offer in midfield, just wants to try him out at CB as well. Nothing wrong with that, this is exactly what preseason friendlies are for.

Also a tactical decision as Araujo has played as RB to cover Vini so we were a CB short in 2nd half and someone had to play there.

If this game showed anything is Xavi's lack of trust in Dest. If we won't get Azpi then I think Dest/Roberto (if/when fit) will play in easier La Liga games but against likes of RM, AM, Sevilla,... will be either Araujo or Kounde (if signed) there.

iniestaGOAT

Nothing pathetic about it. Coach can play his players where ever he wants where it benefits the team the most.

Gavi pedri kessie Pablo got the midfield covered.

Busi and Nico is being groomed for that role. FDJ has no hope there. Xavi made it clear last season

He's refusing to leave so xavi has to find a role for him in the team. Cb it is.

Mrgandalf

Curious member
Fdj played better as a CB than he did at midfield. He simply doesn't have the skills to play midfield at Barca

And Kessie does yeah? thats just media creation. We are all aware of FDJ's weaknesses ... but let's not reduce the level of discussions to childishness.

TheStig

Araujo-Kounde-FDJ-Alba could work. Frenkie could have his trips to midfield and still have two monsters to cover for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans