Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

iniestaGOAT

You're blaming me of cherry-picking arguments.

The facts are these.

Liverpool made CL final and first challenged for the league title in 2018-2019.

Before then, in the first half a year of Klopp, they finished 8th.

The first full season under Klopp they finished 4th, 10 points off Tottenham.

In 2017-18, after 2.5 years under Klopp, they finished 4th as well. Still behind Tottenham. So I don't know what exactly are you talking about here.

In 2019, they arrived and affirmed themselves as an elite team. AFTER 3.5 YEARS of rebuilding and heavy investment in the team under Klopp, investing that continues also after they became elite in order to keep them there, as some players invariably got injured or slowed down. Let's see what they spend to get there.

Here are the major money signings they made up until 2019 under Jurgen Klopp, the year they finally finished above fucking Tottenham and challenged for the Premier League title as a serious contender.

Around 70m in the summer of 2016
Around 175m in the summer of 2017
around 160m in the summer of 2018

That's over 300m dude. So what exactly are you saying?

I'm struggling to see your angle here.

I believe if we invest 300m on the right players we will become a top team under Xavi. But before you see those players you need to find money to fund big signings like the ones Liverpool made. What exactly is the problem with this argument in your opinion?

The players you see us being linked with are from the same movie as the signings we made, with the exception of Ferran (since everyone mentions him as if one player is all we need :lol:). Low money signings or players that other teams don't value, basically cheapo signings for a club struggling financially.

We are linked with Raphinha too. The reason why we aren't linked with more players like that is because we don't have money.

It's cause people don't remember or choose not to care about the amount Liverpool has spent all the focus is on two Manchester clubs

khaled_a_d

You're blaming me of cherry-picking arguments.

The facts are these.

Liverpool made CL final and first challenged for the league title in 2018-2019.

Before then, in the first half a year of Klopp, they finished 8th.

The first full season under Klopp they finished 4th, 10 points off Tottenham.

In 2017-18, after 2.5 years under Klopp, they finished 4th as well. Still behind Tottenham. So I don't know what exactly are you talking about here.

In 2019, they arrived and affirmed themselves as an elite team. AFTER 3.5 YEARS of rebuilding and heavy investment in the team under Klopp, investing that continues also after they became elite in order to keep them there, as some players invariably got injured or slowed down. Let's see what they spend to get there.

Here are the major money signings they made up until 2019 under Jurgen Klopp, the year they finally finished above fucking Tottenham and challenged for the Premier League title as a serious contender.

Around 70m in the summer of 2016
Around 175m in the summer of 2017
around 160m in the summer of 2018

That's over 300m dude. So what exactly are you saying?

I'm struggling to see your angle here.

I believe if we invest 300m on the right players we will become a top team under Xavi. But before you see those players you need to find money to fund big signings like the ones Liverpool made. What exactly is the problem with this argument in your opinion?

The players you see us being linked with are from the same movie as the signings we made, with the exception of Ferran (since everyone mentions him as if one player is all we need :lol:). Low money signings or players that other teams don't value, basically cheapo signings for a club struggling financially.

We are linked with Raphinha too. The reason why we aren't linked with more players like that is because we don't have money.

They finished CL final in 2017-2018, not 2018-2019, so no you got your facts wrong.
That was Klopp second fully season, will be like Xavi in 23-24 season, the one after next.
So no, no 3-4 years there.

khaled_a_d

CL place secured, the season isn't a disaster after all.
Let's wrap it up and move on quickly of such difficult year and pray next year will be better

serghei

They finished CL final in 2017-2018, not 2018-2019, so no you got your facts wrong.
That was Klopp second fully season, will be like Xavi in 23-24 season, the one after next.
So no, no 3-4 years there.

Ok, my bad there. Didn't they finish 4th in PL though? Played Roma in CL semis, which is very lucky. Played Porto and Roma, only City win was great in CL, but then City been doing badly in CL until recently and got knocked out by Monaco, Tottenham, and later Lyon from CL. Only recently they put it together.

Finishing 25 points after league winners doesn't sound that great to me, CL final or not. I would still consider 2019 as the year they became a top 4-5 team.

Last edited:

Porque

Xavi vs top 8.

4-0 vs Madrid
4-0 vs Bilbao
4-2 vs Atletico
1-0 vs Sevilla
2-1 vs Betis
1-0 vs Sociedad
3-1 vs Villareal.

7 wins out of 7. 18 goals scored, 4 conceded.

So your saying we would have knocked out Frankfurt If they were a top 8 side.

Porque

Not when your fans abandon you like that and they basically play two home games.

Fair point.

Xavi much like Ferran is very much flavor of the month to pick on.

He's done a great job, and after the mini collapse is focus on the shortest route to the seasons targets. Banking on those who will be important next season.

Next season we should see the team much closer what Xavi's vision is.

(Not directed at you, but those who turned against him recently).

I been having a few jokes about Xavi lately but clearly he is the best option for the job. Just hope it's nothing more than rumours regarding the influx of OAPs.

serghei

Fair point.

Xavi much like Ferran is very much flavor of the month to pick on.

He's done a great job, and after the mini collapse is focus on the shortest route to the seasons targets. Banking on those who will be important next season.

Next season we should see the team much closer what Xavi's vision is.

(Not directed at you, but those who turned against him recently).

I been having a few jokes about Xavi lately but clearly he is the best option for the job. Just hope it's nothing more than rumours regarding the influx of OAPs.

We need to see the money we have to roll with. If it's almost nothing and more looking again for free or cheap players, oldies or players with some problems at their existing clubs is what you're gonna get unless you win the lottery so to speak.

I hope for two serious signings. Hopefully Raphinha and one more. Plus hopefully Kessie and Christensen being good additions we can fight for the title until the end unlike this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans