Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Few things here:

1-This are gross spending, with transfer market reported money with you approximating numbers to the higher ends, and transfermarket actually include all add-ons in the deal.
The number accurately then is 593.55M gross spending including add-ons. That happened through 7 years (7 summers + 7 winyer transfer markets).

2-This means around 85M per years (slightly less actually).
We have already spent 65M of those, and most likely we will spend far more than 20M in summer. So Xavi is put in better financial situation than Klopp tbh.

3-Also Barca is in better situation than Liverpool was in that year Klopp arrived in almost everything, and most of those deals happened in time that had football highest inflation rate. 65M for Torres is actually closer to VVD deal than Alison one IMO.

4-We have no City, Chelsea, United to compete with both financially and in the league , Atletico financial power is closer to Spurs than any of the above.

5- So domestically at least, Barca should never be in situation of waiting 3 or 4 years, never mind Liverpool was in CL final 2018, that is like 2024 for Xavi.

6-Klopp had 2 things for him, history and willingness to not lead the sporting project, the guy wanted Brandt over Salah and he conceded that the SD knew better. Xavi insisting on leading the project and having himself included in everything, the moment the project goes south he should be the one getting the axe because the club can't afford even more decline
Same way that if the club have success, he should be the one who takes enormous amount of credit, just like he did in our good run prior to fifa virus

I will come back to this later, but for now I renume to saying the pre-Klopp Liverpool side was close to winning EPL with Brendan.

Rubbish to say that version of Liverpool even without Suarez was in worse shape than the Amigo Barca carcass without money, without any of the best attackers in Messi, Suarez and Grizemann, and struggling to even register some signings.

I am giving you examples with the kind of money that is needed to fund a top class team and you give me some secondary and tertiary arguments, most of which I repeated myself in the past.

I agree with some of your points, but you should also agree that to compete with the best you need massive investment. That is priority 1, right next to the manager and the technical staff being on the money with their decision making. Any part of these ground zero priorities is not up to par, and you will never achieve what you set out to do.

It's just that simple. Xavi being bad, money being low, technical director being unispired, Laporta not getting it together, any of those even on their own could torpedo the project and stall it for many years, United style or even worse.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Xavi is looking to bring in Giovani dos Santos to replace Dembele. He see's him as the perfect replacement and believes his year away from football has added longativity and freshness to his career [ASS]

I liked Giovani when he played in spain, not top player but good player for second tier teams. Unfortunaltely, he destroyed his career with that move to LA Galaxy.

vegitot

I will come back to this later, but for now I renume to saying the pre-Klopp Liverpool side was close to winning EPL with Brendan.

Rubbish to say that version of Liverpool even without Suarez was in worse shape than the Amigo Barca carcass without money, without any of the best attackers in Messi, Suarez and Grizemann, and struggling to even register some signings.

I am giving you examples with the kind of money that is needed to fund a top class team and you give me some secondary and tertiary arguments, most of which I repeated myself in the past.

I agree with some of your points, but you should also agree that to compete with the best you need massive investment. That is priority 1, right next to the manager and the technical staff being on the money with their decision making. Any part of these ground zero priorities is not up to par, and you will never achieve what you set out to do.

It's just that simple. Xavi being bad, money being low, technical director being unispired, Laporta not getting it together, any of those even on their own could torpedo the project and stall it for many years, United style or even worse.

That Liverpool side without Suarez was just average team that lost 1-6 to Stoke City in Gerrard's last game.

khaled_a_d

Barca were close to Liga titles in both last seasons, and as you said Liverpool themselves had lost Suarez, along Gerard who was their top scorer that year and Sterling who was one of their best players.
Liverpool last 6 seasons before 15/16 in EPL: 6th, 2nd, 7th, 8th, 6th & 7th. No qualification of CL group stage in that time period, and not an even QF in EL in prior 5 years.
Last time we finished outside of top 3 was in 2003, last time to finish 7th or worse was in 1942 :lol:
To compare that situation to Barca, is a joke mate.

Oh, and Xavi came in and made 4 signings including 65M one, Liverpool signed Marko Grujic for Klopp.

No secondary or tertiary arguments, you are simply cherry picking with numbers to favour your arguments, half of the players you mention was deals done after Liverpool was already a top team in 2018.
Players like Jota, Thiago, Konate & Diaz were done after they were CL winner, finalist, EPL winner and 97 points second place, while players like Keita, Alison & Fabinho were done after they already made it to CL final and were already competing with the best.
You can't just talk about transfers 7 years apart and say " hey look, we need 600M to build our squad". Nah mate, it isn't.

Who is " the best" are we talking about?
There is no "best" in La Liga atm, only RM and they are a side that had benefited from mental midgets in oil clubs to boots their season so far, and had no contest in Liga this year.
We have at least to compete with those in Liga, that is a minimal requirement for next year.
No one is asking for immediate CL trophy here, non. Just domestic improvement and ability to cope with teams in Europe without humiliations.
You can't convince me that Barca can't do a better job in losing against sides like Liverpool than a team like Villarreal who at least got respect while going out. You yourself made this argument when Koeman was here.
Barca was out of Frankfurt and Bilbao in cup games, both are inferior teams ffs and the result was actually flattering to the performance we had.
That should be unacceptable next year.

One last thing, investments needs cost reduction, and Xavi is convincing Busquets to stay, MATS biggest fan and supporting Pique through the current shitstorm instead of kicking him out. All are high earners who would open huge margin of investments (check my post on FDJ thread, masa-salary tricks make such savings really valuable).

Current rumours is depressing tbh, but Xavi will earn the chance to get a lot of his wishes within club abilities, will have a summer to improve the team in preseason etc.
But next season there will no excuse for not competing domestically and end the humiliation trends.

And sure, big investments will be needed eventually, rarely any big team can operate at the very top without doing some of those, no one is denying that.
Doesn't deny that even in current club conditions, room for big improvements are there.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Every year I think we've hit rock bottom, but with possible signings like Alonso and Azpi with Pique, Alba and Busquets in all likelihood being the first names on the team sheet yet again next season I feel like we're still not there yet.

I don't want it to happen, but if we continue on this path I can see Xavi failing even more spectacularly than Koeman did last season. The cracks are there already and we seem hell bent on creating a few more.

Laplacian

Every year I think we've hit rock bottom, but with possible signings like Alonso and Azpi with Pique, Alba and Busquets in all likelihood being the first names on the team sheet yet again next season I feel like we're still not there yet.

I don't want it to happen, but if we continue on this path I can see Xavi failing even more spectacularly than Koeman did last season. The cracks are there already and we seem hell bent on creating a few more.

We are in a Milan like banter era.

Porque

If we do bring in veterans like are rumoured, then we should have brought Valverde back.

We're basically doing another 2018 make the most out of what's left of the 2009 treble winners- except without Messi.

Shudder.

vegitot

If we do bring in veterans like are rumoured, then we should have brought Valverde back.

We're basically doing another 2018 make the most out of what's left of the 2009 treble winners- except without Messi.

Shudder.

He would do great in re build phase.

Messigician

Barcelona will not be able to sign players, nor register Kessi? and Christensen if the agreement with CVC is not closed.

? @gerardromero

Dayummmm

serghei

Barca were close to Liga titles in both last seasons, and as you said Liverpool themselves had lost Suarez, along Gerard who was their top scorer that year and Sterling who was one of their best players.
Liverpool last 6 seasons before 15/16 in EPL: 6th, 2nd, 7th, 8th, 6th & 7th. No qualification of CL group stage in that time period, and not an even QF in EL in prior 5 years.
Last time we finished outside of top 3 was in 2003, last time to finish 7th or worse was in 1942 :lol:
To compare that situation to Barca, is a joke mate.

Oh, and Xavi came in and made 4 signings including 65M one, Liverpool signed Marko Grujic for Klopp.

No secondary or tertiary arguments, you are simply cherry picking with numbers to favour your arguments, half of the players you mention was deals done after Liverpool was already a top team in 2018.
Players like Jota, Thiago, Konate & Diaz were done after they were CL winner, finalist, EPL winner and 97 points second place, while players like Keita, Alison & Fabinho were done after they already made it to CL final and were already competing with the best.
You can't just talk about transfers 7 years apart and say " hey look, we need 600M to build our squad". Nah mate, it isn't.

Who is " the best" are we talking about?
There is no "best" in La Liga atm, only RM and they are a side that had benefited from mental midgets in oil clubs to boots their season so far, and had no contest in Liga this year.
We have at least to compete with those in Liga, that is a minimal requirement for next year.
No one is asking for immediate CL trophy here, non. Just domestic improvement and ability to cope with teams in Europe without humiliations.
You can't convince me that Barca can't do a better job in losing against sides like Liverpool than a team like Villarreal who at least got respect while going out. You yourself made this argument when Koeman was here.
Barca was out of Frankfurt and Bilbao in cup games, both are inferior teams ffs and the result was actually flattering to the performance we had.
That should be unacceptable next year.

One last thing, investments needs cost reduction, and Xavi is convincing Busquets to stay, MATS biggest fan and supporting Pique through the current shitstorm instead of kicking him out. All are high earners who would open huge margin of investments (check my post on FDJ thread, masa-salary tricks make such savings really valuable).

Current rumours is depressing tbh, but Xavi will earn the chance to get a lot of his wishes within club abilities, will have a summer to improve the team in preseason etc.
But next season there will no excuse for not competing domestically and end the humiliation trends.

And sure, big investments will be needed eventually, rarely any big team can operate at the very top without doing some of those, no one is denying that.
Doesn't deny that even in current club conditions, room for big improvements are there.

You're blaming me of cherry-picking arguments.

The facts are these.

Liverpool made CL final and first challenged for the league title in 2018-2019.

Before then, in the first half a year of Klopp, they finished 8th.

The first full season under Klopp they finished 4th, 10 points off Tottenham.

In 2017-18, after 2.5 years under Klopp, they finished 4th as well. Still behind Tottenham. So I don't know what exactly are you talking about here.

In 2019, they arrived and affirmed themselves as an elite team. AFTER 3.5 YEARS of rebuilding and heavy investment in the team under Klopp, investing that continues also after they became elite in order to keep them there, as some players invariably got injured or slowed down. Let's see what they spend to get there.

Here are the major money signings they made up until 2019 under Jurgen Klopp, the year they finally finished above fucking Tottenham and challenged for the Premier League title as a serious contender.

Around 70m in the summer of 2016
Around 175m in the summer of 2017
around 160m in the summer of 2018

That's over 300m dude. So what exactly are you saying?

I'm struggling to see your angle here.

I believe if we invest 300m on the right players we will become a top team under Xavi. But before you see those players you need to find money to fund big signings like the ones Liverpool made. What exactly is the problem with this argument in your opinion?

The players you see us being linked with are from the same movie as the signings we made, with the exception of Ferran (since everyone mentions him as if one player is all we need :lol:). Low money signings or players that other teams don't value, basically cheapo signings for a club struggling financially.

We are linked with Raphinha too. The reason why we aren't linked with more players like that is because we don't have money.

Last edited:

serghei

Xavi vs top 8.

4-0 vs Madrid
4-0 vs Bilbao
4-2 vs Atletico
1-0 vs Sevilla
2-1 vs Betis
1-0 vs Sociedad
3-1 vs Villareal.

7 wins out of 7. 18 goals scored, 4 conceded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans