Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Passing combinations and creating space against a parked bus were fantastic in the second half. Beautiful football, but the away game will be different.

Gari

Passing combinations and creating space against a parked bus were fantastic in the second half. Beautiful football, but the away game will be different.

Why? Now they are afraid, but they were not afraid before. They will also sit and catch a chance to score.

iniestaGOAT

Lol they won't do shit at home either

They can hope their number 9 bullies our cbs again but I reckon araujo will be back

Gari

Luciano Spalletti (Napoli coach) "In the first half we showed that we can play on a par with Barcelona. We can learn from this match, on a path to improve. What we did at times we can do in the whole 90 minutes."Here is what their COACH says.Are we returning?

ajnotkeith

Luciano Spalletti (Napoli coach) "In the first half we showed that we can play on a par with Barcelona. We can learn from this match, on a path to improve. What we did at times we can do in the whole 90 minutes."Here is what their COACH says.Are we returning?

Sounds like to me an inferiority complex held them back. I don't blame him,he probably doesn't follow Barca of course bring a Napoli coach.

Probably thinks we are better than we are.

freetocan

I just watched the last 15min or so but, unlike you guys, I was not impressed about Barca game. Way too many lateral passes, sometimes boring, no tendency at all to make some 1-2 combinations like we used to do, when Messi was around. Not crosses to Luuk to benefit of his head play. But what I saw, Ferran is far away from the money we spent on him. He did not score from neither two chances he got, very easy to score on. Not impressed about this guy.
Not sure if Aubameyang played anything good. He appears out from Barca still of play.

mc_lovin

Results haven't been great in top matches so far, but the performances were (Sevilla, Real, Atletico, Napoli). Really happy with Xavi so far and it feels for the first time in the last few years that we have a very clear path to become a top team again.

FinBarcelonafan

Results haven't been great in top matches so far, but the performances were (Sevilla, Real, Atletico, Napoli). Really happy with Xavi so far and it feels for the first time in the last few years we have a very clear path to become a top team again.

Great point actually. We were really struggling before Xavi in big games.

Bobo32

Results haven't been great in top matches so far, but the performances were (Sevilla, Real, Atletico, Napoli). Really happy with Xavi so far and it feels for the first time in the last few years that we have a very clear path to become a top team again.

I thought the path was always obvious: return to the roots with Laporta, probably Xavi, and with more Barca DNA.
We are now there, and it is a bit better I agree, but not by as much as I would have thought. It is mainly a question of Xavi being unimaginative and maybe even weak as I see it - he doesn't look to see things in a unique way but mainly goes by reputation - he gives players that are already established too much trust, and does too little "overthinking" for my liking. It almost look a bit laissez-faire like to me, I expected more.

Last edited:

Bobo32

Still bitter about Puig?

I think this post of yours is looking a bit more bitter tbh.
I try not to behave or feel that way but being honest and open about what I see. Yes I think Xavi has treated Puig very badly from the looks of it, and I think it is a good example of bad managing, but it is not the main reason I am a bit disappointed in Xavi.

I shilled for Xavi for years, and I am disappointed that he didn't show more yet. I already explained a bit in the post you didn't quote.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Frenkie de Jong: "Sometimes I meet with Xavi in his office and he shows me video clips of my games, where he explains how he sees it and what I can do to improve. We watch clips of how you position yourself and what you can do best in certain situations" :dance:

Bet Koeman didn't do things like that with players.

FinBarcelonafan

Frenkie de Jong: "Sometimes I meet with Xavi in his office and he shows me video clips of my games, where he explains how he sees it and what I can do to improve. We watch clips of how you position yourself and what you can do best in certain situations" :dance:

Bet Koeman didn't do things like that with players.

I hope they focus on defense too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans