Xavi Hernández

Birdy

Xav: “It seems like from day one all my words have generated an earthquake. I don't really know why”.

0 self-awareness.
Toxic ego.
Go to a damn therapist and you will find out why

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Xavi: "We didn't win titles this season because we did not perform well in four or five matches. We were unlucky and we could not compete. We did well for the majority of the season."

Xavi: "I want to thank the players for their great commitment and dedication. They trained very well and I leave with that feeling."

Xavi: "I was looked at very carefully. High expectations were generated because I was a player for the best Barcelona side in history. It played against me."

Do you think that the next manager will be treated less harshly as he comes from abroad?

Xavi: "I don't know. The only thing that can save you at this club is winning. This is a fact, whether you're a foreigner or not."

Xavi: "It would be an honor to manage the club of my life again someday."

Givenchy

Cheers for giving it your best Maestro.

my GOAT midfielder but not my manager.

I really hope he can humble himself after this. Find a midtable club in Bundesliga/Italy, get a proper assistant manager to help and work on his management skills in a less pressured environment.

Hopefully the days of hiring ex players as managers without the required experience have come to an end.

FCMessi

Barcelona finished the season with 85 points, the second highest tally in the last five years.

It was only bettered by the 88 points last season, with Xavi as the manager also.

23-24, Barca lost to RM by 10 points AND Minus 26 in goal differential.

much smaller budget and tons of expensive players all wanting to play for RM.

the GD spread between Barca and Real Sociedad is 23 this season.

44 GA killed Barca.

Birdy

Cheers for giving it your best Maestro.

my GOAT midfielder but not my manager.

Xavi was another proof that GOAT player can translate to a shit manager, and vice versa
We knew before of course, as history of the sport is abundant with such examples,
only some idiotic people in here thought the opposite

serghei

Xavi: "We didn't win titles this season because we did not perform well in four or five matches. We were unlucky and we could not compete. We did well for the majority of the season."

Xavi: "I want to thank the players for their great commitment and dedication. They trained very well and I leave with that feeling."

Xavi: "I was looked at very carefully. High expectations were generated because I was a player for the best Barcelona side in history. It played against me."

Do you think that the next manager will be treated less harshly as he comes from abroad?

Xavi: "I don't know. The only thing that can save you at this club is winning. This is a fact, whether you're a foreigner or not."

Xavi: "It would be an honor to manage the club of my life again someday."

All true. Every Barca manager no matter the era is judged based on results and titles firstly. If Flick achieves more in this key area than Xavi, he will be better. At the end of the day individual mistakes happen, but the manager still takes the blame. It is still a trophyless season in the end.

Can't me too mad he doesn't continue. That's the club and they set the bar you need to reach to keep your job. Fairness has nothing to do with it. It is entirely the club's prerogative to set the objectives and if the manager fails to reach them, or even agree to them, then he has to leave and let someone else take on the challenge.

In this, Laporta was fair. He said all along that at Barca there is no reconstruction period. So... you either deliver constantly or you're out. No room for patience. In a way this is one of the reasons Barcelona is seen as a top 3 with Madrid and Bayern. A trophyless season or a season where you don't challenge for the big trophies is seen as a failure.

We can talk about how fair it is to set these demands while oferring so little in terms of transfers compared to your domestic and European rivals... but that is a different discussion.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans