Xavi Hernández

Horatio

You're welcome
Other snippet: said he feels the work he has done in 2 years caused an earthquake internally as well as externally. Said he barely got to work in peace.

Xtroverto

The end of Xavi at the helm of Barcelona could very well be the end of a Barcelona that is in any way competing with Real Madrid, I'd wager we will see Real win the next 10 championship without much competition at all. We may see the odd 80+ points season from Barcelona but I think the days of winning la liga are over for the foreseeable future. We will be fighting for a top 4 spot a lot more going into the future, 70-75 point season duking it out with Atletico over 3rd of 4th spot. Real will most likely end above 90 points most seasons going forward, la liga will turn into a shambles, a running joke.

To those that hold their hope up for some German miracle, the odds are not very good.

Weisweiler came in from Germany as the new hot manager having won 3 Bundesliga, 1 german cup and the UEFA cup with Borussia Mönshegladbach. He left after 1 season with no throphies and 15 wins from 28 la liga games and 21 wins from 39 in total. Then there was the German Demon slayer Udo Lattek who came to Barcelona on the back of 5 Bundesliga titles, 1 german cup, 1 european cup and 1 uefa cup. He left Barelona after 1 1/2 season having won 1 cup winner cup and finishing 2nd in la liga.

Weiswell alienated Johan Cruyff and Lattek alienated Maradona, who will Flink alienate, it has to be key player?

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Will not go into as to WHY he got fired.

Think he handled that really well. Says he has to accept it whether he agrees or not.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Xavi: "Our relationship with the players is marvelous. That will be our legacy

Xavi: "I'm proud of our work. It was a true honor to manage the club of my life."

Xavi: "I was sad yesterday, and I'm even sadder now. I wanted to continue but it won't be possible. This is football and this is life."

Xavi: "I think that the work we did in this tough situation has not been appreciated."

Xavi: "We could not compete this year."

Xavi: "The club is above anyone. That is very clear. I have to accept the decision."

Xavi: "I know I have made a lot of mistakes. I'm not perfect, we don't try to be. We must improve in a lot of aspects. I learned a lot."

Xavi: "I have a feeling that we did this work during an earthquake. We never had peace of mind. I asked for stability, but we never got it."

Xavi: "I'm trying to control my emotions, but it's very difficult. We prepared for this match in the same way as we did in the first one. We did a good job and our hope was to continue."

Xavi: "There's a very good generation of players coming up. We trusted them since the start, that's the best legacy we can leave at the club."

Xavi: "I think that our work has not been appreciated enough. I took over when the team was in 9th place, finished the season in 2nd place, and won the league the next season."

Xavi: "Looking back at it, we suffered, but we also enjoyed. It was a true roller coaster of emotions. I'm proud of my work, and I wanted to continue."

Xavi: "I was convinced that we would improve a lot next season."

Xavi: "I'm happy because I know that the fans appreciate the work that we did at the club."

Xavi: "Apart from winning or losing, there are values in football: Education and empathy."

Last edited:

Porque

Xavi: "I was sad yesterday, and I'm even sadder now. I wanted to continue but it won't be possible. This is football and this is life."

With that said, history will look favourably on this tenure. After some time off and reflection lets see his next career move.

Every chance he can come back in more stable times in the future.

jamrock

How do people hate on this man.

He's right the work he and the board has done has largely gone unappreciated.

The fan base went for hopeless to expecting and demanding wins and champagne football, without considering, what was the case of that change.

History will remember him fondly, no one from outside could have came in and bridged the gap from the horror show of barto to returning to winning ways in a difficult environment.

Birdy

Bla bla, identity... :lol:

I take titles won during bad times over identity and jack shit to show for. Identity has been there also.

Thanks for confirming what we all have been thinking about you: You are NOT A BARCA FAN

your mindset is one of Madrid's supporter. Start supporting officially your club then, instead of posing as Barca fan and constantly praising how great Madrid is

Birdy

Barcelona finished the season with 85 points, the second highest tally in the last five years.

It was only bettered by the 88 points last season, with Xavi as the manager also.

Final point tally says little out of context.
Last season we dropped points after title was won against minors, we could have 12 more points or so

Same this season, we won points when there was nothing to play for -> gives a distorted final perspective

Birdy

How do people hate on this man.

He's right the work he and the board has done has largely gone unappreciated.

The fan base went for hopeless to expecting and demanding wins and champagne football, without considering, what was the case of that change.

History will remember him fondly, no one from outside could have came in and bridged the gap from the horror show of barto to returning to winning ways in a difficult environment.

People hate on this man because he is embarrassing the club with his pressers and his attitude on the sidelines.
That's for starters., before even going into football stuff

Home of Barca Fans