Would you sign Luis Suarez?

Would you sign Luis Suarez?

• Yes

Votes: 78 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 89 53.3%

• Total voters
Psychotic freak? Yes. Best #9 in the world? Yes.

I'd sign him. Look at at this way, he does this again and gets banned, we'll have even more ammo against Barto's board.

This could be a win-win.

But yes, our morals will take a hit.

It's not just our morals. Him doing the shit he does can hurt us football wise as well. If he gets banned again, it'll most likely screw us over big time.

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
No. I'd ban him from football if I could. Pepe too.

P.S.
Ibra's character was a problem, but now half of you would sign Suarez? :)

B

beautifulgame

I still want him if Alexis leaves.

But the price must be severely cut cuz of the 4 months he can't play

Doobs

The Messiah
It's not just our morals. Him doing the shit he does can hurt us football wise as well. If he gets banned again, it'll most likely screw us over big time.

I think it's a risk I would take. I have faith in Luis Enrique to maybe put him straight. He might also be in a happier head space in Spain. Honestly, who knows?

One thing for sure though. Ney-Messi-Suarez is TASTY.

Mika94

If he's too expensive (dunno what that would mean, over 50m £ I guess) I wouldn't, but if not...I would say yes. Putting aside all the shitty moves he usually does, he's a great player, the type that keeps on scoring again and again. But honestly I don't know how Neymar-Suarez-Messi would work, it's kinda difficult to say.

For the goals yes, definitely, for the extra part no way and if he costs too much f*ck it, just get 2 other World Class players with that amount.

Samper

twatyyq1k_zpsd5981257.gif

di-RK6A-1.gif

untitled-11cyali.gif

suarezpunch.gif

suarez-rafaelrgv6j.gif

Uuh nty. He needs serious help and will put Barcelona to shame.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
If it is true that he feels that defenders "steal his goals" by defending their team and doing their jobs, He will definitely think Messi is also busy "stealing his chances" by being better than him or being the main star or the most influential player or if he doesn't pass when he wants or... you name it.
Suarez and Messi will not get along, It is way too obvious, imo.
We should keep Alexis who actually uses his brain and also according to many stats, has better performance with Messi on the pitch

L

linetty

Theres nothing we can do about it, no matter whats the outcome of this pool. Suarez is Lucho's wish apparently.

Frodo_FCB

If it is true that he feels that defenders "steal his goals" by defending their team and doing their jobs, He will definitely think Messi is also busy "stealing his chances" by being better than him or being the main star or the most influential player or if he doesn't pass when he wants or... you name it.
Suarez and Messi will not get along, It is way too obvious, imo.
We should keep Alexis who actually uses his brain and also according to many stats, has better performance with Messi on the pitch

Otman Bakkal who was bitten by Suarez was a AM so he didnt steal any goal from el canibal

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Hell no.

Edit: Forces of good winning so far.

"They" only just started winning btw. Besides, it is looking very very likely that he will come. And midst all this speculation, nobody has even considered what Alexis wants. Alexis could very well want out of Barca. And of late the club is known to acquiesce to the player's wishes when it comes to matters like this.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It's funny how people now stand for morality when this was going on not too long ago regarding the possibility of throwing a match to give RM the title:

YES.
Hopefully an own-goal in the 96th minute. With a proper celebration and everything. Hugging Atleti's players, Puyi handing Gabi the trophy etc. EVERYTHING.

Don't care what 'neutrals' think. They already hate our guts. No difference.

:lol: at some of you people wanting to win the game that gives real the title .

Why not give them Messi as a bonus also.

Depends. If Barça has no chance to win the title, a resounding yes. No doubt. The lesser of 2 evils.
But if there's a chance to win the title, no.

Pinto can dive in his own box while trying to dribble an Atletico player in injury time. Thereby giving away a penalty and letting them win the game.

If we are out of the title race I would lose every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I'm not going to say Suarez is a saint or that "shit happens" because he is a damn dirty player. He bites, he dives, he punches, and he can be a windup merchant. In tense situations of a game he can and often does start going to dirty measures to get a win. All of that is true.

However I don't see the 'biting' shit as a deal-breaker. It's obviously the kind of baggage you don't want but we've had plenty of assholes in our team before (Stoichkov, Eto'o, apparently Song). Whatever Suarez does in that side of his game is wrong and will weigh us down at times but, with good management, his upside (world class goalscoring, movement, attacking threat) far outweighs his faults. He is a cheat but out of his total hypothetical output during his time here I'll gladly accept his amazing football ability which is a majority of what he'll bring. Whatever portion of his output is in the form of illegal/immoral actions he'll be punished accordingly for.

The biggest problem you guys have with him anyway is that his biting is particularly unusual or bizarre, on the very extremes of the general bell curve of fouls committed. It may be but that hurts his reputation and image more than actually hurting his victims. He never broke skin or caused any true damage to Chiellini, he's not an active threat to the well-being and health of the people he victimizes unlike the De Jong's and Keane's of the world (please don't talk about "but what if he had HIV..."). What he did is a big deal and deserves justified punishment but come on let's not overreact as if he's one step short of a murderer. It highlights his immaturity and lack of cool temper more than any malicious intent to maim and significantly harm others.

I'm not even saying that it's a must that we buy him. If we were to pursue, the conditions would have to favor us greatly. For example the price would have to be dropped due to the circumstances and the ban. Of course it's a given that Lucho or anyone among the coaching staff would have to make an effort to teach him to be more disciplined. I don't think he'll have a particularly significant change but the coaches will have to work to keep him under control. Big clubs do hire sports psychologists, it's not like things like this go ignored.

Home of Barca Fans