Votes: 31 50.0%
  • Wesley Sneijder

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • other

Votes: 14 22.6%

• Total voters

Hamzah

High Definition Member
frances reason for success was the defence, i think thuram, desailly or deschamps should have won that year maybe even blanc.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
by your logic then tiam, if thuram was the saviour, Puyol was the saviour for Spain.

Zidane was to france what Xavi is to Spain Essential look at 02, Zidane Injured - Fail.

Plus dyou know how good Zidane was for club that year?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
zizou won in 2000 yeah?

silky: puyol was different. it was spain midfield that was their attack and defence if you think about it. they defended by not giving the team the ball. xavi is the only winner but sneijder could also win.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
by your logic then tiam, if thuram was the saviour, Puyol was the saviour for Spain.

Zidane was to france what Xavi is to Spain Essential look at 02, Zidane Injured - Fail.

Plus dyou know how good Zidane was for club that year?
casillas/xavi imo. xavi had a much better club year so xavi for me.
but that's how it SHOULD be.

not how it's GOING TO be. big difference.
that's why I believe Iniesta will grab it.

you can be the first to shove in my face if it doesn't happen beastie.

Beast

The Observer
then what about Henry, consistent throughout the tournament. Deschamps?

Personally I think that Casillas or Xavi should win the WPOTY but that's not how it works yeah. That's what I'm trying to say, not that Zidane should not have ben the winner because this is how it works.
[YOUTUBE]ZtQIaTl-010[/YOUTUBE]
Oh yeah? This match then, where he missed 2 sitters and got a red card? 2 match suspension anyone?
[YOUTUBE]DmQAH5CcODc[/YOUTUBE]
really that active in the game? nah..

He played okay against Croatia he can have that, those 2-3 shots in the beginning were dangerous but thanks to who did they win? You know the answer, Lilian Thuram..
You know what happened in the final..

My conclusion is that just likE Zidane, Iniesta will win the WPOTY.

lol@ Henry ..told you haven't seen the WC and putting highlights just validate you haven't seen a damn thing :lol:
he played a part in the group stage and was invisible in the KO stages :lol:
as i said you don't get to be WPOY and in the WC all star team for just two goals in the final.. his role vs Italy ,Brazil and Croatia can only be denied by someone who base his opinion on youtube :lol:
They don't give the WC for goals in the final .. hehehe man u need to watch some good classic WC games here . i gave u 3 examples how the goal in the final is not decisive in 3 WC's till now
come on Tiam .. Arbeloa case again ?
go watch the WC in 98 and come back to apologies
casillas/xavi imo. xavi had a much better club year so xavi for me.
but that's how it SHOULD be.

not how it's GOING TO be. big difference.
that's why I believe Iniesta will grab it.

you can be the first to shove in my face if it doesn't happen beastie.
I will don't worry Iniesta won't win it..

Pepe Silvia

For me it's Sneijder

he won everything on club level this year , he reached the WC final and was in both occasions instrumental
u can argue Xavi but apart from the WC Barca won nothing but the local league
Holland reaching the final is a milestone for them and it means Sneijder reached 4 finals playing a huge part and lost only 1 final
so for me the rightful owner is Wesley

And seriously people Messi won't win it after the crash out with Argentina scoring zero in the process
I agree about Sneijder.

Messi did help his Nteam get to the quarters, won league, tied Ronaldo's goal record, and had an impressive season too though so it is less about his scoring zero and more about his accumulated performances, which he did good - just that Sneijder made it farther in WC and got triple so he deserves it.

With Xavi, he was instrumental in Spain WC win, and for Barca to take the Liga. So he is ahead of Messi in that right to win WPOTY. I heard someone mention that the WC is the decider for WPOTY so if that's the case, I go Xavi but even still it looks like Sneijder just may walk away with it.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Iniesta however was below par it was all Xavi-Villa all the way to the final

Iniesta below par? Which World Cup were you watching? Is being voted Man of the Match 3 times, including the final, below par to you? :lol:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
lol Thuram was no savior Tiam . Thuram most impressive contribution was the brace in Croatia end of story ..

and without that brace against croatia france wouldn't have made the final. :lol: it was THE essential performance for france (indeed that game was all about him as he played suker onside)

zidane had a good tournament and helped set france's rhythm, but bar the final the crucial goals had doodley squat to do with him.

now, was he more deserving than iniesta? for sure. but iniesta scored two game-winners, including bossing the final hour of the final.

but anyway, as I've said to you before, it should be xavi that wins the ballon d'or. I just have a feeling it will go to iniesta.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
and without that brace against croatia france wouldn't have made the final. :lol: it was THE essential performance for france (indeed that game was all about him as he played suker onside)

zidane had a good tournament and helped set france's rhythm, but the crucial goals had doodley squat to do with him.

now, was he more deserving than iniesta? for sure. but iniesta scored two game-winners, including bossing the final hour of the final.

but anyway, as I've said to you before, it should be xavi that wins the ballon d'or. I just have a feeling it will go to iniesta.
this is what i've been trying to say all time and you come in here and do it in 1 minute. i hate you.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Milito not even starting for his country in the WC takes him out of the picture..
Sneijder was the lynch pin for both country and club.. his passing skills made it happen

just... no.

sneijder's passing was pretty poor through the world cup, to be honest. his stand-out moments were his goals, most of which were very lucky.

the ballon d'or always goes to a world cup winner. wjesley will not buck that trend, especially as it was milito that won inter the treble with his goals.

Beast

The Observer

zidane had a good tournament and helped set france's rhythm, but bar the final the crucial goals had doodley squat to do with him.

By that logic Puyol was better than Xavi cause without him Spain wouldn't have reached the final ..
it's the contribution overall Iniesta didn't have a stellar WC compared to the others unlike Zidane how played great all the way to the final (except for the suspension ) .
Essential performance was beating WC finalist Italy that's what made a difference and believe.. with all due respect to Croatia, that wasn't a big deal they were the dark horse of the WC but you gain believe beating the strong not the dark horses .
so back again it's wasn't a surprise that France beat Croatia especially when u look @ each country history.. however Italy who always enjoyed a superior history and record with their stars around like Baggio,Maldini..etc that was the decisive moment not beating Croatia ..

just... no.

sneijder's passing was pretty poor through the world cup, to be honest. his stand-out moments were his goals, most of which were very lucky.

the ballon d'or always goes to a world cup winner. wjesley will not buck that trend, especially as it was milito that won inter the treble with his goals.
And what did Milito do in the WC ?

right .

Sneijder passing was hardly poor (wtf ?1 ) even in the final he was one of very few trying to take the game to Spain , great vs Uruguay,great vs Brazil... don't know what are u taking about here .
WC winner not final goal scorer .. Xavi ? big possibility.. Iniesta ? totally out of the picture
Sneijder scored in every KO game for Holland except the final and suddenly all his goal were lucky :lol:

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
By that logic Puyol was better than Xavi cause without him Spain wouldn't have reached the final ..
it's the contribution overall Iniesta didn't have a stellar WC compared to the others unlike Zidane how played great all the way to the final (except for the suspension ) .

I don't think thuram was better than zidane, I'm just saying, you can't say he "only" scored a brace against croatia. it was fucking huge.

Essential performance was beating WC finalist Italy that's what made a difference and believe.. with all due respect to Croatia, that wasn't a big deal they were the dark horse of the WC but you gain believe beating the strong not the dark horses .
so back again it's wasn't a surprise that France beat Croatia especially when u look @ each country history.. however Italy who always enjoyed a superior history and record with their stars around like Baggio,Maldini..etc that was the decisive moment not beating Croatia ..

gain belief? who the fuck is talking about belief? they were being eliminated and just had to win! yes people expected france to win but they weren't going to 'til lilian stepped up.

And what did Milito do in the WC ?

right .

he played, what, 70 minutes? hardly his fault!

anyway, if you go by club form, it's milito, if by world cup then xavi.

Sneijder passing was hardly poor (wtf ?1 ) even in the final he was one of very few trying to take the game to Spain , great vs Uruguay,great vs Brazil... don't know what are u taking about here .
WC winner not final goal scorer .. Xavi ? big possibility.. Iniesta ? totally out of the picture

iniesta was MOTM of the final, he did more than just score the goal.

like I said, I think it should be xavi, but I have a feeling it'll be iniesta.

sneijder had one pass in the final, otherwise he was in busquets' pocket and didn't make much of an impact at all. probably should have been sent off as well. he wasn't that great in the semi-final either but managed to knick a goal. he was great against brazil, though.

Beast

The Observer
Lol Meta.. how old are you ? seriously ?

Expected to beat who exactly ? Italy ?
newsflash
France failed to even reach the World cup in 1990 , 1994.. playing the team who was semi-finalist in 1990 and finalist in 1994.. filled with super stars like Baggio, Maldini,Vieri all in their prime vs player who became superstars after the WC
The decisive moment was overcoming Italy , Croatia was similar to Uruguay the last WC

Woop ya ya.. Iniesta scored in the final WOW..
Sneijder didn't make much impact ? lol
how about the fact that he was his country top scorer ? scored in every single KO game till the final ?
his goal scoring in the WC is shared with pure striker.. he was the only midfielder to score that much ?
how u can even compared a poor Iniesta with two goals and zero assists for Spain with Sneijder 5 goals and 2 assists
all Sneijder goals were decisive for his country vs Solvakia,Brazil,Uruguay , Japan
Iniesta contribution is exactly like Petit in 1998 .. nothing more nothing less.. the Zidane for Spain was Xavi

If he didn't score in the final there was a lot better players who should have taken his place in the dream team.. stop being so freakin biased .. it's not even funny
Xavi or Sneijder but Iniesta.. lol i would easily put Ramos,Villa,Puyol,Iker ahead of Iniesta in terms of contribution to the WC trophy.. his only stand out was the goal in the final

Home of Barca Fans