World Cup 2022

CatalinR10

0faIbrM.jpg

Maddening.

JohnN

WC is a tournament of chance in a lot of ways. But, the quality this year is no way worse than previous ones. On the contrary, players are much fitter and teams are super motivated. Underdogs woth so many upsets in a WC is fantastic. Happy the Germans are out, never liked their "supremacy" attitude, which is kind of obvious, as they never stop out of respect for any opponent, like every other team does.

Nazario1985

Everyone but the blinds can see that football gaps between nation is narrower now.

Big team or not you have to play your ass in the pitch to go through.

The team with the best Squad in the world France, just got a taste of it in the last group game

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Fail to see how a neutral fan would experience schadenfreude.

By "neutral" I meant neither rooting for Germany or against it. I'd have the same schadenfreude if it was Spain (granted that I am not completely neutral here, I'd be rather happy to see Spain going out), France, Brazil, Argentina etc. going out.

fergus90

It's funny because for all the up roar, some of the viewing figures for the World Cup in England have been the highest ever.

Although that could be more down to the fact it's winter so people are staying in, in front of the tv anyway. Difficult to want to go inside at 30 degrees to watch Mexico vs Saudi Arabia in the height of summer :lol:

Home of Barca Fans