World Cup 2022

Could've been the heir to Eto'o..

That's a bit odd, but I can see why you can't associate yourself with any of the current players. None of them seem to have the aura that the Brazil legends from 10-20 years ago had. Whatever the scenario will be, you guys have 5 cups and nobody else can equal you as they're already out/didn't qualify.

Yeah, I just can't associate myself with this team at all. I tried to cheer for it, but it just doesn't have that aura. I'm not particularly patriotic to cheer for Brazil just because I was born here either. The team must be exciting for me, otherwise I just can't feel anything. It was the the same thing in 2018 for me, I guess that teams from Tite are just boring for me (even though I think he is a good coach). Also, like I said, I think that many people in Brazil are being too cocky. I don't remember people being like that on previous WCs. Maybe social media is making me have that impression, since it's so easy for everyone to voice their opinions there nowadays and people can show a toxic side that we couldn't see before. Or maybe I'm just being a bummer, lol.

I'm glad that we won't be surpassed though. By the way, knowing my luck, I wouldn't doubt that the final will be Brazil-Portugal. Well, that is a scenario that would surely make me cheer for Brazil.

Is there any news on Ney? Brazil are so dull without him imo at least from a neutral standpoint.

No one knows for sure, Tite is silent about it. I would wager that Neymar will be back for playoffs, but I don't think he will be 100% fit.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

It's funny because for all the up roar, some of the viewing figures for the World Cup in England have been the highest ever.

Although that could be more down to the fact it's winter so people are staying in, in front of the tv anyway. Difficult to want to go inside at 30 degrees to watch Mexico vs Saudi Arabia in the height of summer :lol:

Yup, winter is good for broadcasting, mid-season is good for quality of play.
Also small country means less travel,no more teams travelling 7000 miles in group stage.
And fans of all teams are meeting each other like it is a festival. Creating some of the best atmosphere.
Overall I think many of the concerns for casual fans were overblown. I am not saying "let's do it this way from now on" but I simply think it is nice to experience something different and try it another way after 92 years of doing it same way over and over.

Horatio

You're welcome
Here in NL the WC is @(#*ing dead. I am enjoying the games watching the games at home cozy during the winter. But 0 atmosphere here in NL because of it being in winter.

BBZ8800

l0jyyupnpc3a1.png

Imo, peope should write their predictions in a round of 16.

And there will be at least 1-2-3 major upsets (KOs) regarding Brazil, Argentina, France, Spain, England, Portugal.

Imo, there is no way that all 6 favorites in these matches will go through.
Argentina-Saudi 1:2
England-Usa 0:0
France-Tunisia 0:1
Spain:Japan 1:2

In KO rounds, the opponents will be even closer to 50:50 and we'll see lots of slips.

Champion won't be the best team but the one who'll allow the smallest amount of counters/mistakes/drops of concentration.

Brazil being too cocky already, imo, won't end well for them.
1-2 lucky goals by anyone in their net and they are flying home.

Even Uruguay can send them home in a round of 16.
Uruguay could be to them what Atletico is to us in KO matches.

(An opponent who is weaker than them but who knows them well and knows how to KO them)

Last edited:

JerseyAddict

VAR decision (offside) against Lovren (Croatia) which overruled the awarded penalty on Croatia-Belgium:
317695877_570262198196754_8249047477442701634_n_ECOrbAJjx.jpg

How on Earth us this offside? This is such a "I'll draw a line whereit pleases me" FIFA shit. This is a total disaster for the game of football. This shit should not be called

eaman

OF COURSE it can be said about mexico !!

Denmark saw WC like what 5-6 times in more than 100 years ?

Still a better team in most of those years. Harder qualifying in Europe than it is in concacaf for Mexico. More teams fear playing Denmark than Mexico at a world cup. Also a euro winner. Both very bad this year though and neither top teams

Porque

How on Earth us this offside? This is such a "I'll draw a line whereit pleases me" FIFA shit. This is a total disaster for the game of football. This shit should not be called

The line shouldn't be vertical but the same as the goalbox linea angle. From that Lovren should be offside.

But fuck these miniscule differences. I'm from the old school thought that the offside advantage should go to the attacking team. But how do you judge the buffer zone I guess.

It's weird though that the whole ball cirviture of the ball must be passed the line to be off the field, but the FRONT of the body must be a mm ahead to be offside.

With the difference of directions between defence and offense it should be the back.

BBZ8800

Under these new offside/VAR rules, half of the goals from previous WC and CL semis and finals wouldn't have been scored.

Not to mention how many historical matches would have been changed/ruined for stupid slight-touch penalties during corner kicks.

1 mm nose/arm is now an offside.
Light touch, brushing someone's shoulder while jumping is a penalty etc.

I have wrote before: during every corner, someone is touching someone's head/neck/back/arms.
With VAR, you can literally find a slight touch foul during every corner.

These new directions are moving football towards:
-- don't touch anyone during corners, just jump, close eyes and pray
-- while with offsides, counters are almost ruined. You should be 1 meter behind a defender to be 100% sure that your finger/nose/head/foot is not infront of him because you are leaning towards the goal and he is turned with his back towards the goal, so you are always offside UNLESS you are 1 meter or more behind him = which then makes it way harder to get the ball at all

Home of Barca Fans