World Cup 2022

Yannik

Great quote from Oliver Bierhoff just now on Germanys WC performance:

"We know, that things didn't go as they did."

Truly a wordsmith beyond reknown.

they should remain in Qatar for the two weeks the hotel is booked, maybe they can find a way to indict Bierhoff in some crime he could get stoned for

ajnotkeith

Gavi - Pedri - Bernardo - Busi... imagine...

There's probably women's teams with physically stronger midfields than that. Lol.

Nobody says you have to have a team of bodybuilders but for god's sake can we at least use a couple players with a bit of bulk on them before the combined weight of our midfield becomes the weight of Goretzka's bench press.

fergus90

Not that ridiculous. Their subs were awful against Tunisia. If any of Mbappe, Griezmann, Giroud, T. Hernandez or even Rabiot (who is surprisingly having a fantastic WC) get injured, they are much more vulnerable. Their backup CM options are dreadful. Again, they're lucky that Rabiot is playing so well, and that Griezmann is also having no problems playing out of position.

But they made 7 or 8 wholesale changes that game, that seldom works. They weren’t fantastic last World Cup but had enough firepower in moments.

I am invested in an Argentina win though if I’m honest.

gregorrin10

But they made 7 or 8 wholesale changes that game, that seldom works. They weren?t fantastic last World Cup but had enough firepower in moments.

I am invested in an Argentina win though if I?m honest.

Same, buddy, same. If they don't go underestimating Australia and Netherlands, and can get the better of Brazil once again, they have a very good chance. And France might not even make it to the final from the other half, I could see them slip up against England as well as Spain/Portugal. And if so, Argentina would be favourites in the final, no matter if against England, Portugal or even Spain. (the middle one would be that much bigger madness of a final obviously).

BBZ8800

Same, buddy, same. If they don't go underestimating Australia and Netherlands, and can get the better of Brazil once again, they have a very good chance. And France might not even make it to the final from the other half, I could see them slip up against England as well as Spain/Portugal. And if so, Argentina would be favourites in the final, no matter if against England, Portugal or even Spain. (the middle one would be that much bigger madness of a final obviously).

Slown down

Every team who reaches a final will probably play one extra time and one pens.
Not to mention surprises like Japan's wins vs Spain and Germany.

Each team should look only one match ahead.

Regarding Spain, people support them since Barca players play for them.
But people here are talking about the easier route to a final, wins against Morocco, Portugal and England.

Yet, Spain's heart is Busi-Pedri-Gavi midfield who just managed to get KO'd in a group stage of a CL twice in a row.

Also, Spain's result on the last 3 big tournaments in 90 minutes:
2018:
Portugal 3:3
Iran 1:0
Morocco 2:2
Russia 1:1, 3:4 pens

2021:
Sweden 0:0
Poland 1:1
Slovakia 5:0
Croatia 3:3, 5:3 extra time
Switzerland 1:1, 3:1 pens
Italy 1:1, 2:4 pens

2022:
Costa Rica 7:0
Germany 1:1
Japan 1:2

In the last 13 matches, they have 3 wins in 90 minutes.

In the last 2 summers (Euro and WC), they currently have 9 matches and 2 wins.

So, expecting them in semis or in a final is quite optimistic.
And even if that happens, there will probably be tons of 1:1s, VARs, extra times and pens.

KingLeo10

Ever since BBZ campaigned for the mighty Germans...

WC 2018 - Group Stage exit
Euro 2021 - R of 16 clowned by England
WC 2022 - Group Stage exit

Now when will BBZ support Bayern officially so Barca win a game v them? :lol:

Morten

Ever since BBZ campaigned for the mighty Germans...

WC 2018 - Group Stage exit
Euro 2021 - R of 16 clowned by England
WC 2022 - Group Stage exit

Now when will BBZ support Bayern officially so Barca win a game v them? :lol:

Doesn't he blame it on Germany/Bayern adopting Peps style of play anyway though?

CatalinR10

Really insane seeing Germany , Belgium , Denmark , Mexico out in the groups with Australia , Japan , Morocco and such going through

Home of Barca Fans