World Cup 2022

BBZ8800

They need a world class midfielder. They can be a great second act, but not a main act. And that midfielder is not De Jong, he's also a great second act.

I have said this Months ago

Pedri is a supportive midfielder, he is not a maestro

serghei

I have said this Months ago

Pedri is a supportive midfielder, he is not a maestro

True, and you can see at Barca that the success of the team depends on the forwards making stuff happen. You almost never see forwards missing easy chances set up by the midfield for example.

JamDav1982

True, and you can see at Barca that the success of the team depends on the forwards making stuff happen. You almost never see forwards missing easy chances set up by the midfield for example.

Xavi plays in way that ball goes wide and into box a lot and often doesnt give midfield that freedom to go and control game.. and he picks a sloth like Busi behind them.

It is no surprise where most of Barcas creativity comes from as it set up to be that way.

serghei

Xavi plays in way that ball goes wide and into box a lot and often doesnt give midfield that freedom to go and control game.. and he picks a sloth like Busi behind them.

At times, this is the reason, but in other times, it is clearly a flaw of the midfielders. Pedri is too slow to cope with fast paced games where you need to make your moves fast or the chance disappears, and Gavi is too erratic.

Gavi has the speed to make moves, but not the passing abilty of Pedri, while Pedri has the technique, but his speed and reaction time is that of a lethargic slow player, used to take his time on the ball so much that the game often flies past him.

gregorrin10

Thats not right as Argentina and Brazil are not going to be on same side with France.

I was talking about if Spain finished 1st in the group, they would've had to beat Croatia, Brazil and Argentina to get to the final. Now they have Morocco, Portugal and France/England, which is considerably easier. Especially if it's England.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
World Cup full of surprises. Pretty bad football though. Maybe the worst World Cup since I can remember.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Eh what? Joke is in you, Barcelona already paid for it lol - this is payback

Yeah, Bayern fans in particular blaming us is silly. Their own club has moved away from FC Germany which they used to aspire to build and embody, to FC International, or FC France in particular (they are the club with most French NT players I think), speaks volumes about the state of German football.

JamDav1982

At times, this is the reason, but in other times, it is clearly a flaw of the midfielders. Pedri is too slow to cope with fast paced games where you need to make your moves fast or the chance disappears, and Gavi is too erratic.

Dont agree with that on Pedri but Gavi has issues finding ball as well as Pedri and FDJ and is much more limited on ball in terms of his passing etc.

Busi as a DM is a fair draw back for all of them when Xavi and at times Lucho have him as the one they want on the ball and other midfielders giving options.

The best Pedri has been this season was away to Sociedad where he ran game as got on it deep....Busi was suspended.

Pedri has been Spains best mid and probably player though and was far better than Busi and Gavi again tonight.

As said before would prefer Rodri in at DM and even Koke in at midfield to let Pedri have bit more freedom as he is much more likely to open game up further forward than Gavi is.

Home of Barca Fans