World Cup 2018

Trickykid

That's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, but I will just say that being bad and being boring are not the same thing. Atletico Madrid, for example, are very 'boring', but they are one of the top handful of teams in the world.

Not that I think England were boring. Some lovely football in patches, just not enough elite quality.

Unless you take naff as bad, I don't think I said you were bad (even though you probably were, but hey, all is relative...). Granted, I'm not British, so perhaps I didn't use naff correctly, but doesn't it mean bland or lame?

serghei

Aye so changing your argument.

Thought so.

If course teams play deeper against better sides.

England had a good tournament and beat what was put on front of them more than many other 'top' sides.

It's self implied that no team would sit back against the likes of Panama and Tunisia. I don't even count those games where defenders almost score hattricks.

Devils

Croatia are the masters of coming back in this tourny.

Which is great and all because they will likely be chasing the game again France.

Really hope they beat France, it would be fantastic to have Croatia as world champions.

JamDav1982

It's self implied that no team would sit back against the likes of Panama and Tunisia. I don't even count those games where defenders almost score hattricks.

No it isnt.

You claimed it and changing argument.

Good effort though but try to find a point before arguing it.

Couldnt care less what games you dont count. They count. Simple as that.

serghei

No it isnt.

You claimed it and changing argument.

Good effort though but try to find a point before arguing it.

Couldnt care less what games you dont count. They count. Simple as that.

Ok. England were amazing. They just lost 2 games and drew 1 vs the only 3 good teams they faced.

But hey, they beat Panama, Tunisia, and Sweden. Vs Sweden they played a good game. Vs Colombia and Croatia they played poor games.

West Saxon

Unless you take naff as bad, I don't think I said you were bad (even though you probably were, but hey, all is relative...). Granted, I'm not British, so perhaps I didn't use naff correctly, but doesn't it mean bland or lame?
Haha, it can mean bland or tasteless yep, but I always associate it with bad. But look, let's agree to disagree. I enjoy watching smaller teams fight against the odds with all they have. I do think fans of Barca (and other big teams that win most of their games and regularly win trophies while playing attacking football) are kind of "spoiled" by the quality attacking football they watch every week. Try watching some Championship games sometimes if you want bad football. :lol:

Joan

Why all the hate towards this England team?

I swear, some football snobs would be happy to just have France, Brazil, Spain and Germany in the semi-finals every World Cup.
Man, don't pretend England is some underdog in the world of football.

AND, England does have enough quality up front. Games like this happen.

Anyways, job well done by the team and the coach.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Now all the pressure is on france, they are expected to be in finals, they already lost euro final against inferior squad, they are in fear that this doesnt happen again, while we are living our dream and we will play without pressure, calmly, and we can win it

I think France will win. They have better quality. They had an extra day of rest, and played almost an entire 90 minutes less than Croatia in the tournament. Unless they fuck up pretty bad like they did against Portugal in Euro I think the WC is theirs.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Thank fuck England are out. Was getting sick of it’s coming home banter. My coping mechanism was to use it as well, but I can’t imagine how obnoxious the web could have become with coming home jokes if England had won the WC. Now I can rest for another 4 years :lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
England deserved to lose just out of plain common sense. You can't expect to maintain concentration for 80 minutes after one free kick and having one Kane chance from open play, especially when you don't put it away. Set piece headers are a given, but can't be the main offensive threat for contending teams.

Croatia didn't play an amazing game, but showed so much heart to persevere through tiredness. Mandżu's poaching for that goal was fucking world class. That was textbook #9 awareness.

serghei

Croatia have an important thing going for them. Which is the very safety first approach of France under Deschamps. Basically, even if France go in front, they usually try to keep the advantage with absolutely minimal risk. Unless Croatia have a shitshow of a defense a la Argentina, they will be in the match until late in the game when the spaces open themselves more. Because if in front France will not risk anything to extend their lead.

I don't see France running away with the match. It's gonna be 0-0 or 1-0 for either team for a long time. Max 2 goals in 90 mins I think.

Trickykid

Haha, it can mean bland or tasteless yep, but I always associate it with bad. But look, let's agree to disagree. I enjoy watching smaller teams fight against the odds with all they have. I do think fans of Barca (and other big teams that win most of their games and regularly win trophies while playing attacking football) are kind of "spoiled" by the quality attacking football they watch every week. Try watching some Championship games sometimes if you want bad football. :lol:

My second team is my local side, Brøndby IF, and let me tell you, the Danish Superliga rarely sets the world alight with spectacular football, so I'm absolutely with you on that point.

Morten

England deserved to lose just out of plain common sense. You can't expect to maintain concentration for 80 minutes after one free kick and having one Kane chance from open play, especially when you don't put it away. Set piece headers are a given, but can't be the main offensive threat for contending teams.

Croatia didn't play an amazing game, but showed so much heart to persevere through tiredness. Mandżu's poaching for that goal was fucking world class. That was textbook #9 awareness.

Works for France.

Home of Barca Fans