Women's football

xXKonan

They finally woke up.

First half they were losing it after the equalizer and after Real got ahead they finally got up and going again.

Messi983

R.126cd6f2d7775c1d0611212606664ddd

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Kind of funny to see Rolfos movement on the field.
Its like watching Cancelo in City.

Well, first half done and they were ok but not the machine they use to be but i expect them to break down the defence in the second half. Dont know why they suddenly (twice) have problems against Real.

The first half of the first leg, I think we weren't expecting Madrid to press that much and were caught off guard, got better in the second half.

Today's first half, we looked a bit nervous (playing at Camp Nou, making history, all the expectations etc.) and showed Madrid too much respect.

Of course, Madrid is getting better.

Gnidrologist

Watched highlights. Man, womens football is so awkward. Most of the goals would be blooper worthy in mans game. And that all in one match among supposed top notch rivals.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Good to see Bayern getting knocked out by PSG. Bayern had been the stronger side of the two in both legs, don't want us to face them in the semis.

PSG was resilient, got a few really nice players.

Neeraj

Wow that was a pretty epic night at the Camp (thanks again Luft :D)

It took a while to fill up. I think it was only after half time did it get absolutely packed. The first 20-25 minutes the stadium was definitely nowhere close to what it looked like later and I guess that's why I saw a few comments here about the stadium looking empty. Once it did fill up though...damn!

I haven't really seen the Camp Nou like that often - and I was there for the manita against madrid, 3-0 liverpool, etc. On those nights, the highs are just as high, but in between those highs its people quietly eating their jamon sandwich again. Today was one of those extremely rare occassions where the stadium felt buzzing through the 90 minutes. It was a non-stop carnival atmosphere. Even on those epic nights against Liverpool and Madrid, at about minute 82 onwards you'd see a big line of people heading towards the exit. Today, virtually the WHOLE stadium stayed back cheering, singing and applauding the team as they went around the pitch acknowledging the fans. I've really not seen this in the little time that I have been in Barcelona watching games.

Couple of reasons I can think of - 1) a womens game probably had very very few tourists. A lot of locals + relatively young crowd and 2) 6:45 kick off. This is SUCH a great kickoff time. Ofc I wouldn't want CL games at this time, but I just wish LL games would kick off at this time. Beautiful spring sunset and you finish at about 8:30 when people don't feel the need to desperately head back home and go to sleep at 1:00 AM on a Sunday night. I think that definitely contributed to SO much of the stadium staying back for the celebrations of let's face it, not even a trophy/

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Great match report and pictures, :D, [MENTION=8308]Neeraj[/MENTION]!

Great to see you enjoyed it a lot, as much as we did on TV/computer screens! I read that it was drizzling earlier in Barcelona so the turnout was feared to be not as much as hoped, but glad to see the rain stopped and so happy to see so many fans showed up! I think it was Samuel Marsden who said that the reason why it took a while to fill up Camp Nou was because the 6:45 pm kickoff time was too early for the Catalans... :p

The semi-final against most likely Wolfsburg (silly me, I forgot about the brackets) is also going to be held by Camp Nou, we probably won't break our own record but I hope a lot of fans will show up too!

:barcascarf:

Home of Barca Fans