Willian

JamDav1982

Coutinho is a midfielder that is in his mid 20s who had more than good enough numbers for an attacking midfielder.

The argument last summer from a lot was that his numbers were not good enough across past few seasons.

We can make a bet on his numbers if he signs if you want.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
People said the same shit about Arda.

"He plays for a defensive team like Atletico, he will do so well in Barca".

Not falling into the same BS trap again, sorry, can't do.

DonAK

The argument last summer from a lot was that his numbers were not good enough across past few seasons.

When I look at midfielders I tend to look at chances created + key passes from open play rather than goals or even assists, as it's not the player's fault his team mates are shit at putting the ball in the net.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Barca have been buying plenty of young players. Buying a player with experience here and there is not a bad thing.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
The price is the only objection I have to this transfer. As a player he is good and fits well to the squad imo. A cheaper and possibly younger (less important as Dembele is coming through) alternative would have been better.

If the price is horrible and a younger alternative would have been better , then whats fucking left to consider this a good transfer ?? Honestly Hamzah if you get paid to shill this incompetent board then fair play but if you are doing this for free then you need some serious fucking help.

vlad

So our CL campaign is already over before it started. Damn Fraudverde works fast.

How did you come to this conclusion? Surely buying willian for 80m is bad move, but willian is actualy quality player, who can only improve squad, especially if he will be coming from the bench, remember how barca fans crying about lack of quality on the bench? Willian offers that.

Dont get me wrong, im totaly against this transfer, but with him in the squad chances for CL would only increase, if of course he stops running from the first day at barca and pulls arda turan

Edit: i remember i was writing same stuff when arda was coming

Last edited:

serghei

Barca have been buying plenty of young players. Buying a player with experience here and there is not a bad thing.

Exactly. Valverde has been suffering for too long. Enough is enough. Time for him to rebel against the pain of having to play young players.

If Valverde would have free reign we'd become the football equivalent of The Expendables.

DonAK

I've said it before. The squad should be a mix of young players and experienced players, but we already have an ageing core and adding a 30 year old for that much money who has never had a consistent run in his career is a travesty.

Experienced players don't need to be players approaching the end of their top level career.

Coutinho is an experienced player.

You buy young players for what they could be, their potential of their record getting better, them getting better.

You don't sign a fucking 30 year old whose entire career been around those numbers and expect him to get much better just because he's gonna play for Barca. When you're at that age you're past the significant improvement stage.

Like Arda Turan.

Last edited:

hardyboy

Same was said about Coutinhos numbers not being good enough.

He would get a lot more than that is playing at Barca with any regularity.

No matter what this board does, this guy will be the first one to wipe their shit. I sometime feel like you aren't a barca fan. You are a Bartamou fan. Lol

JamDav1982

When I look at midfielders I tend to look at chances created + key passes from open play rather than goals or even assists, as it's not the player's fault his team mates are shit at putting the ball in the net.

Not sure what your point is there.

I am sure most people look at a variety of things to form an opinion.

Did you want Mahrez last summer?

serghei

It's coming home guys. Willian is coming home.

If we hurry up maybe he'll get someone on board as well. Maybe David Luiz. It's the hair guys, everything is about the hair.

Valverde wants to sign players with great hair.

DonAK

Not sure what your point is there.

I am sure most people look at a variety of things to form an opinion.

Did you want Mahrez last summer?

I did not want Mahrez when the press were claiming he was the alternative to Coutinho. Different type of player to Coutinho or even Verratti and we needed a player of Verratti/Coutinho level for the MF.

But if you gave me a choice between Mahrez and Willian I would take the former easily. Younger and simply a better player who might end up costing less :lol:

Home of Barca Fans