Who will win Ballon d'or?

Who wins the next Ballon d'or?

• Total voters

BarcaGirl

i hate when people say that. the players give everything they have on the pitch and yet people on the computer dare to say 'he doesn't deserve' at least say there are 2 guys who deserve it more or something.

I didn't meant it that way. Iniesta is great and I would love too see him win the Ballon'd'or one day, but I just think that both Leo and CR deserve it more this year. It's just my opinion. :)

F

Frejsgodes

Messi is going to win it. Not only this year, but next year as well. First to win it five times in a row! Book it.

Stric

if Messi doesn't win it, its going to be a joke.

This. Anything else would be an insult to the award itself. It's an individual award, and it's pretty clear who the best player in 2012 was. Even if someone else were to win the award, I can imagine just how less prestigious it would seem all of a sudden, the whole world would know that it's a joke. The voters have the credibility of the institution and the reputation of the award to take care of.

zanela

Iniesta has a chance. But it really depends who the minor footballing/non-footballing nations favour this time.

Ursegor

World Champion
Iniesta has a chance. But it really depends who the minor footballing/non-footballing nations favour this time.

Impossible for someone like Iniesta to win. The "minor footballing/non-footballing nations" are making a joke out of the whole award.

Algeria: 1. Messi 2. Ronaldo 3. Thomas Müller (Thomas Müller the third best footballer in the world, REALLY?!)
Andorra: 1. Messi 2. Dani Alves 3. Xavi (Alves the second best footballer in the world, REALLY REALLY?!)
British Virgin Islands: 1. Fabregas 2. Messi 3. Ronaldo :)lol:)
Burundi: 1. Neymar 2. Abidal 3. Benzema (What in the ...?!)
New Zealand: 1. Agüero 2. Xabi Alonso 3. Rooney (...)
Tonga: 1. Dani Alves 2. Agüero 3. Rooney (...)

etc.

I wouldn't allow non-relevant football countries to vote. Appoint experts from Germany, Italy, England, France, Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Paraguay etc. and get it done with. What's the point in letting Djibouti vote for Benzema as the best player in the world?

I expect Agüero to finish in the top 5 in the Ballon d'Or votings this season because of the Martin Tyler "AgüerooOOOOOOO" scream from last season which is being repeated every day on SKY Sports (and the Premier League is the most prevalent league). And probably Torres as well for winning the CL and EC.
facepalm.gif

zanela

Impossible for someone like Iniesta to win. The "minor footballing/non-footballing nations" are making a joke out of the whole award.

Algeria: 1. Messi 2. Ronaldo 3. Thomas Müller (Thomas Müller the third best footballer in the world, REALLY?!)
Andorra: 1. Messi 2. Dani Alves 3. Xavi (Alves the second best footballer in the world, REALLY REALLY?!)

etc.

Thats exactly my point. They make some ridiculous choices. Either they go with their whim, personal favs, or their country's media-hyped names. There is barely any thought or discretion applied to such votes.
But i think (or rather hope) that Iniesta at the back of the European award after his Euro showing and the WC before that, would 've by now made him a more familiar name, amongst these countries, and the world 'd finally acknowledge the Spanish magician.

mixer

Abidal :D

Home of Barca Fans